Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gentlemanquartely

Now That Wroten Is Still "undeveloped"

Who's can you all blame now? He's had a full season under his belt and a summer session. The F/o in their continued search for a backup pg doesn't appear to have much faith in the further development of TW. My thoughts on this kid is he should've stayed in college and learned how to play basketball. He cant shoot. He's a poor finisher at the rim. He can't run an offense. And whats worse, all you experts and talent scouts on this site blamed the coach. Wow!

Who's can you all blame now? He's had a full season under his belt and a summer session. The F/o in their continued search for a backup pg doesn't appear to have much faith in the further development of TW. My thoughts on this kid is he should've stayed in college and learned how to play basketball. He cant shoot. He's a poor finisher at the rim. He can't run an offense. And whats worse, all you experts and talent scouts on this site blamed the coach. Wow!

Ok Coach Hollins, it's pretty obvious that's who you are, just let it go man. You don't have a job and several teams passed you over. Thanks for the time you were here. It was real.

I blame you.

Do you think Hollins will be coaching at White Station or Overton next year?

I also hear Colonial Middle might be in mix as well.

Lots of players don't turn out as everyone hoped. Some develop slowly, some don't get it until a couple of years have gone by, and some don't ever get it. Big deal. It happens.

How come Hollins didn't develop Kyle Lowry or Grievis Vasquez either?

They went to other teams and did pretty well after they left.

How come OJ had much better season not under Hollins last season in Dallas?

Kinda missed the memo on that one as well.

How come Hollins played Thabeet at all?

How come Haddadi put up career stats in every catagory in Phoenix and not Memphis, who desperately needed a back up center the whole time he was here?

I blame Hollins.

So glad he's gone now .... Mainly because of you GQ, so why don't you go put that in Hollins pipe and smoke it.

Also....

The coach is the one who teaches a player.

Blame his coach.

Why did it take Conlet so long to develop?

Maybe his coach just sucked at teaching his position he played on the league?

A lot of high draft pick PGs got it way before Conley did, could it be that Conlry was not being coached well? We'll see real soon.

Also....

The coach is the one who teaches a player.

Blame his coach.

Why did it take Conlet so long to develop?

Maybe his coach just sucked at teaching his position he played on the league?

A lot of high draft pick PGs got it way before Conley did, could it be that Conlry was not being coached well? We'll see real soon.

You still mad that your favorite coach Mark Iavaironi got fired man? Let it go brah he sucked.

How come Hollins didn't develop Kyle Lowry or Grievis Vasquez either?

They went to other teams and did pretty well after they left.

How come OJ had much better season not under Hollins last season in Dallas?

Kinda missed the memo on that one as well.

How come Hollins played Thabeet at all?

How come Haddadi put up career stats in every catagory in Phoenix and not Memphis, who desperately needed a back up center the whole time he was here?

I blame Hollins.

So glad he's gone now .... Mainly because of you GQ, so why don't you go put that in Hollins pipe and smoke it.

Is this where we insert" WCF in spite of LH, swept by SAS because of LH"

Also.... The coach is the one who teaches a player. Blame his coach. Why did it take Conlet so long to develop? Maybe his coach just sucked at teaching his position he played on the league? A lot of high draft pick PGs got it way before Conley did, could it be that Conlry was not being coached well? We'll see real soon.
what took conley so long to develop was bc he didnt receive proper coaching under ivarroni. once lionel took over and taught him how to play point guard he flourished.

Ok Coach Hollins, it's pretty obvious that's who you are, just let it go man. You don't have a job and several teams passed you over. Thanks for the time you were here. It was real.

oh this is great I think Hollins has about 5 fake accounts on here and this is defiantly one of them

Maybe Wroten just sucks. This could have been a decent thread about Wroten's development/potential but you just had to go turn it into ANOTHER Lionel debate...just sad! I kinda wish LH had been picked up by some team so you could be on their boards now telling all those posters how awesome he is and how he got screwed here.

Is this where we insert" WCF in spite of LH, swept by SAS because of LH"

well when you think about it we did have help getting there with injuries to key players and when we met a well coached healty spurs team....so good point Kevin

Maybe Wroten just sucks. This could have been a decent thread about Wroten's development/potential but you just had to go turn it into ANOTHER Lionel debate...just sad! I kinda wish LH had been picked up by some team so you could be on their boards now telling all those posters how awesome he is and how he got screwed here.

he will most likely be working for nba tv next year

The season hasn't even started yet. You know who else sucked in Vegas this summer? Iman Shumpert. So are you going to say he's an undeveloped scrub? Josh Selby tore up the summer league. Is he a highly developed and well rounded player?

A lot of players stink in the summer league, especially pass first PG's because for the most part and definitely on our summer league team there is NO ONE TO PASS TO. He won't be asked to shoot as many times as he did in Vegas. He'll get mins by setting guys up and defending. For those who say he can't shoot. Rajon Rondo, Andre Miller and Eric Bledsoe all can't shoot but are considered good players in the NBA.

So why not reserve judgement until he stinks in the regular season with good teammates.

you're right. i hate i mentioned LH. but it is obvious that TW is not NBA ready. its equally sad to blame the coach for something that is now very obvious.

The season hasn't even started yet. You know who else sucked in Vegas this summer? Iman Shumpert. So are you going to say he's an undeveloped scrub? Josh Selby tore up the summer league. Is he a highly developed and well rounded player? A lot of players stink in the summer league, especially pass first PG's because for the most part and definitely on our summer league team there is NO ONE TO PASS TO. He won't be asked to shoot as many times as he did in Vegas. He'll get mins by setting guys up and defending. For those who say he can't shoot. Rajon Rondo, Andre Miller and Eric Bledsoe all can't shoot but are considered good players in the NBA. So why not reserve judgement until he stinks in the regular season with good teammates.
ok, maybe the f/o should discontinue its backup pg search.

you're right. i hate i mentioned LH. but it is obvious that TW is not NBA ready. its equally sad to blame the coach for something that is now very obvious.

can you really complain about something you brought up

I still think the best place for Wroten next year is off the bench next to Calathes in the backcourt. Wroten won't have to be the feature point guard and this lineup will give us two passers, ball handlers, and scorers in the backcourt. They can play off each other.

Then we can have Mike Miller at the 3, giving us another shooter and yet another passer. Wih Ed Davis as an energy 4 and Kosta Koufos as a legit, old school center. With this lineup if we need more quickness and perimeter shooting we can go with Jon Leuer.

some players catch on quicker than others, Tony Wrotten is young and has some talent but he also has a very poor work ethic, the only way he gets better is to get major playing time but at what cost?, wins or less playing time for somebody else who is more talented than him

If Calathes shows out and Wroten doesn't in training camp/preseason i could see them moving him for a pick or something. Bayless, Miller, Calathes w/ Franklin gettin spot minutes would be fine. Even better if Miller can give us 60+ games.

Anyways, why the arguing? Less than two months till the grind starts again, enjoy the rest of the summer yo.