Sign in to follow this  
Thomas

Grizzlies Give Hollins Permission To Interview With Other Teams

Dang!!! It's scary how much I agree with you! hollins is a dinosaur his whole talent evaluation - his philosophy is based on a players physical traits. If you are 6'3 and under you must be a traditional PG - if you are 6'10 and weight less than 235 you must be a PF. Etc etc. that's why guys like mayo selby and Davis had very little opportunity for growth under his watch. As a smart market team we cannot afford to keep wasting talent because Coach is too close-minded o understand how to develop them. Which in itself isn't always detrimental if you are willing to listen to others input but apparently as the blowup with Hollinger shows That isn't Hollins. Couldn't agree more with you about his treatment of Rudy he tried to make Rudy into a Superstr and treated him as such even though Rudy hadn't done Anthony to command that treatment. Everyone always points to Rudy ISO as offense "killing" but that was LH callin those plays for him. I appreciate all the good things he did for Memphis community but it was time to move on.

That isn't just LH. It's everywhere. Because JBay is only 6'3", he must be a "combo" guard and dropped from top 5 in the draft to 11th. Don't believe me? Go back & look at the comments when he was drafted.

And regarding your point about free agents, when was the last time the Spurs signed a major free agent? I guess FO screwed up their market too! (FYI, free agents never sign with small market teams like MEM, SAS, IND, etc)

no, all the spurs do is get superstars to sign deals for millions less than they actually get on the open market. Pera and Co. will find out the hard way that loyalty runs deep. I wouldn't be surprised if Marc Gasol doesn't demand a trade next year.

Joerger is a big part of what the grizzlies do.

Maybe. I have no opinion about his coaching ability but, if he sticks around lets the FO run him like their puppet, he'll loose his team before the season starts.

Hollins is an idiot. We were lucky to run up against Vinny Del Negro and Scotty Brooks in the previous rounds. Popavich murdered him on every level. I have never seen anyone out coached worse on any level of any sport. Good riddance.

I am a fan of the new front office. They are all smart guys. At least reserve judgement until you can prove they made a mistake. So far they are 1 for 1. The Rudy trade was smart.

If you're just here to ***** and moan....go cry somewhere else. The sky is not falling.

no, all the spurs do is get superstars to sign deals for millions less than they actually get on the open market. Pera and Co. will find out the hard way that loyalty runs deep. I wouldn't be surprised if Marc Gasol doesn't demand a trade next year.

You have been incredibly wrong on all 5,800 of your posts. It's embarrassing frankly.

And regarding your point about free agents, when was the last time the Spurs signed a major free agent? I guess FO screwed up their market too! (FYI, free agents never sign with small market teams like MEM, SAS, IND, etc)

NO they just don't need the super new guy. They keep the team together and find better subs each yr. Maybe they KNOW something.

Well my apologies to Hollinger. I had the wrong person.

Anyway, I have zero problem with information. I've been working with data and fact-based decisions before the word "analytics" became cool in the sports world. My point is, there is a line between the front office and the coaching staff. Let the coach do what he feels is best. That's why you hired him. It doesn't sound like that other stats guy is still with the team so it sounded like a poor hire by Wallace. It's one thing to be on the same page with your coach but it's another thing to try to force an ideology on him by hiring some new guy when it's obvious the coach could care less.

Once again, I am in no way trying to defend Hollins because I feel he has crossed the lines at times as well. It's more an indictment on both sides and a conclusion that they probably do not need to work together any longer.

Barzilai left because the Sixers offered him a more prominent position.

This front office didn't hire Lionel, but they did hire Hollinger. Obviously, they have a strong belief in analytics. If Lionel wanted to remain a coach here, he had to be more open minded. He chose not to be. Now it seems like they are moving in different directions. Probably for the best.

I know you're not saying this, but I don't think they forced analytics down his throat. I think they tried to see if he would be receptive to it at all, and It looks like he wasn't at all.

Hollins is an idiot. We were lucky to run up against Vinny Del Negro and Scotty Brooks in the previous rounds. Popavich murdered him on every level. I have never seen anyone out coached worse on any level of any sport. Good riddance. I am a fan of the new front office. They are all smart guys. At least reserve judgement until you can prove they made a mistake. So far they are 1 for 1. The Rudy trade was smart. If you're just here to ***** and moan....go cry somewhere else. The sky is not falling.

You had bettr start liking Vinnie D. & Brooks cause that is all these FO people are going to find.

Literally only players on squad that wanted Hollins to comeback was mike and maybe Quincy. hollins was not beloved by the roster like some would have people to believe.

his difficult personality goes all the way back to his playing days.

I never liked how some fans thought only mentally tough players could flourish under hollins - dude clearly had favorites and the Docile types like mike Xavier Rudy and Quincy fit the profile.

Hopefully joerger will make a smooth translation into the role and for goodness sake craft a REAL OFFENSE.

Why does he have to be a puppet they didn't even hire the guy http://www.csnnw.com/article/blazers-interview-memphis-assistant-david-joerger Seems like LH thought highly of joerger.... Funny that he's taking LHs job.

If he's not a puppet he'll be gone. Like I said, I'm not complaining about him yet. But if he is going to stay(unless they grow up) he WILL be their puppet. If he stands up to them, he'll be gone.

Hollins is an idiot. We were lucky to run up against Vinny Del Negro and Scotty Brooks in the previous rounds. Popavich murdered him on every level. I have never seen anyone out coached worse on any level of any sport. Good riddance. I am a fan of the new front office. They are all smart guys. At least reserve judgement until you can prove they made a mistake. So far they are 1 for 1. The Rudy trade was smart. If you're just here to ***** and moan....go cry somewhere else. The sky is not falling.

i doubt you'd find anyone outside of the fanatical board members here that thinks Pera and Co is/are or has done the right thing with respect to a coach.

Only a bbser would ever look at a coach who has consistently overachieved each year he was the coach and dismiss him without a care in the world. This is absolutely beyond arrogance, and then they have the audacity to come to hollins to "re-assure" him that they really want him back.

Get use to this, the grizzlies have the worst FO in basketball right now since the maloofs and no longer owners. "reserve your right, and watch the rails fall off."

But hey, it don't matter anyway because Pera and Co. couldn't give a **** what you or I think anyway, they proved that.

Literally only players on squad that wanted Hollins to comeback was mike and maybe Quincy. hollins was not beloved by the roster like some would have people to believe. his difficult personality goes all the way back to his playing days. I never liked how some fans thought only mentally tough players could flourish under hollins - dude clearly had favorites and the Docile types like mike Xavier Rudy and Quincy fit the profile. Hopefully joerger will make a smooth translation into the role and for goodness sake craft a REAL OFFENSE.
I'm telling you him & JBay get along fine. He yells at JB & JB yells at him then they go have dinner. They're a lot alike.

i doubt you'd find anyone outside of the fanatical board members here that thinks Pera and Co is/are or has done the right thing with respect to a coach.

I

Only a bbser would ever look at a coach who has consistently overachieved each year he was the coach and dismiss him without a care in the world. This is absolutely beyond arrogance, and then they have the audacity to come to hollins to "re-assure" him that they really want him back.

Get use to this, the grizzlies have the worst FO in basketball right now since the maloofs and no longer owners. "reserve your right, and watch the rails fall off."

But hey, it don't matter anyway because Pera and Co. couldn't give a **** what you or I think anyway, they proved that.

They are 1 for 1

i doubt you'd find anyone outside of the fanatical board members here that thinks Pera and Co is/are or has done the right thing with respect to a coach. Only a bbser would ever look at a coach who has consistently overachieved each year he was the coach and dismiss him without a care in the world. This is absolutely beyond arrogance, and then they have the audacity to come to hollins to "re-assure" him that they really want him back. Get use to this, the grizzlies have the worst FO in basketball right now since the maloofs and no longer owners. "reserve your right, and watch the rails fall off." But hey, it don't matter anyway because Pera and Co. couldn't give a **** what you or I think anyway, they proved that.

Rick Carlisle is widely considered one of the best coaches in the NBA. He got fired by the Detroit Pistons in 2003 after getting the team to the ECF! He got fired because he did not get along with the FO, not because he was a bad coach.

Next year, they hire Larry Brown, and win a frickin' championship.

My point is not that Carlisle/Brown are like Hollins/Joerger. My point is THAT FO's DO THIS ALL THE TIME AND ARE STILL SUCCESSFUL.

Get a clue, dude.

They are 1 for 1

lololoololo oookay

hollins played the only player he HAD to play after that deal: prince, and prince was the main reason the grizzlies got blitzed by SA. Yeah, they are 1 for 1, in stupid trades.

Rick Carlisle is widely considered one of the best coaches in the NBA. He got fired by the Detroit Pistons in 2003 after getting the team to the ECF! He got fired because he did not get along with the FO.

Next year, they hire Larry Brown, and win a frickin' championship.

My point is not that Carlisle/Brown are like Hollins/Joerger. My point is THAT FO's DO THIS ALL THE TIME AND ARE STILL SUCCESSFUL.

Get a clue, dude.

Don't worry about KBM, he has been complaining about every grizz move made for 13 years

lololoololo oookay

hollins played the only player he HAD to play after that deal: prince, and prince was the main reason the grizzlies got blitzed by SA. Yeah, they are 1 for 1, in stupid trades.

How would we improve without an mle or no tpe?

lololoololo oookay

Playoff series wins by starting small forwards:

Prince - 2

Sam Young - 1

Rudy - 0

FO is 1 for 1

This is just absurd.

From all accounts, they wanted to work with Lionel. They just don't agree on some crucial thiings. They only gave Lionel permission to talk to other teams after both parties couldn't reconcile their different views.

This is just absurd. From all accounts, they wanted to work with Lionel. They just don't agree on some crucial thiings. They only gave Lionel permission to talk to other teams after both parties couldn't reconcile their different views.

find me one article that says this was a good move by the grizzlies.

until then,

i rest my case.

Maybe LH shouldn't talk **** when he doesn't have a contract.

Talk crap about your boss and come post what happens.