Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ole Dirty Klondike

Wallace Says Team May Not Be Done

CA Story

Interesting but I did see this in Tillery's chat today"

Mike: Can you expand on that, Ron? What's Wallace's role these days?

fb_share2.png

2:09

Ron Tillery: He has more of a administrative role -- for example he made the trade call with the NBA. He gives input on players but he has no decision-making power

fb_share2.png

CA Story Interesting but I did see this in Tillery's chat today"

So what end of rotation SGs can we get? Time to figure out who is rotting on the bench that can help us now - another Dante/Speights move.

Per CA

"But Griz general manager Chris Wallace said Thursday afternoon that with the NBA trade deadline still weeks away, the Grizzlies may not be finished wheeling and dealing, especially since the team received a trade exception of approximately $7.5 million in the deal with the Raptors and the Pistons.

“It’s very possible (to make another deal) because we don’t have to include one of our players because of receiving trade assignments,” Wallace said at a press conference in the Grizzlies’ practice facility in FedExForum. “We now can be a team that can relieve a luxury-tax burden on another team. We can go someplace, see a player we like that’s out of a rotation and get him using this $7.5 million trade exception that’s good for the next 365 days. It’s a very valuable piece of real estate.”

What else can we afford to give up?

We just gave up 2 of our most liquidable assets in OJ Mayo and Rudy Gay and only got a washed up Tayshaun Prince and Ed Davis in return.

It going to take some voodoo magic for us to get a quality SG

What else can we afford to give up? We just gave up 2 of our most liquidable assets in OJ Mayo and Rudy Gay and only got a washed up Tayshaun Prince and Ed Davis in return. It going to take some voodoo magic for us to get a quality SG

LOL get out the chicken foot Wallace!

Why would they do that? Is he on the outs?

To free up cap room. It's really no way for us to guess who is looking to free up money and who they are willing to drop, but I am willing to bet that somebody out there is.

To free up cap room. It's really no way for us to guess who is looking to free up money and who they are willing to drop, but I am willing to bet that somebody out there is.

Oh i got ya

Heck don't be surprised if we get Courtney Lee so they can set themselves up to not resign Tony Allen. Qpon for Courtney Lee swap.

Oh no....lol. We may not be done stripping this team of talent. Farming out players to other teams. There is no collection of players we have outside of our ever so diminishing core, that we could deal and bring back anything close to Rudy's production in a single player. Im willing to bet before the trade deadline we wont sign or trade for another player who has the ability to score 12 ppg or more. If we do without giving up a significant rotation guy, then I could somewhat justify the Rudy deal, if not entirely.

I don't expect for us to get anyone with a long term deal.

I do expect them to add more shooting possibly with that trade exception or a playmaker like Evans maybe.

We can make a trade and not even have to give anybody up, if a team is trying to cut salary

Folks ..... Read.

7.5 mill trade exception means we can receive a contract of up to that amount without sending that amount back.

Lets say Orlando want to clear some of that 84mil they have in the books and want to dump that 6mil contract of JJ Redick, we could take him and give 6mil trade exception to Orlando to write off their books.

I don't expect for us to get anyone with a long term deal. I do expect them to add more shooting possibly with that trade exception or a playmaker like Evans maybe.

I remember reading that in order to get Tyreke they want somebody to take John Salmons. I don't know if they would be willing too but I hope they would consider it (like trading TA and Daye to get Salmons and using the exception to get Tyreke)

Hopefully this could net us a 1st round pick. Just switched positions from where we were a week ago with cleveland. We can absorb somebody else's salary (hopefully not long term) and maybe force them to include a pick

I remember reading that in order to get Tyreke they want somebody to take John Salmons. I don't know if they would be willing too but I hope they would consider it (like trading TA and Daye to get Salmons and using the exception to get Tyreke)

Don't want another bad contract for an old SF in Salmons we already have Prince on a bad contract. TA and Daye are expiring so I say hold onto those guys. Daye is also the only other guy that qualifies as a shooter and at 6'11' he wont be hurt by Lionel never calling plays to get him open looks. I am more excited about him than Prince.

If Lionel doesn't get extended I wouldn't mind them making a play for OJ and not resigning TA. Heck with Prince and Mike defending then OJ won't kill you as an undersized SG anymore.

I literally don't see any other free agent acquisitions that would fit the team better this summer.

Heck Rashad McCants is sounder better to me.

I'm liking mccants too!

He was once a pretty good scorer and he's only 27 or 28.

Sign cj and bring mccants n on a 10 day or two.

I don't expect for us to get anyone with a long term deal. I do expect them to add more shooting possibly with that trade exception or a playmaker like Evans maybe.

There is no way in hell were getting Evans

I'm liking mccants too! He was once a pretty good scorer and he's only 27 or 28. Sign cj and bring mccants n on a 10 day or two.

Yea im willing to try anything at this point. Cannot roll out with a backcourt of Mike Prince and Tony and expect the spacing to improve.

There is no way in hell were getting Evans

This. SAC doesn't want to move back to Seattle with a garbage product on the table