Sign in to follow this  
The_PROOF

Unofficial Offseason Moves/Needs Thread

sign Nazr Mohammed, sign James Jones, trade Oj for Matt Booner

Grizzlies seriously need to go after Reggie Williams. He's exactly what the Grizzlies need in a knockdown 3 point shooter and he's what Hollins wants off the bench with a score first, shot jack mentality. He's a restricted agent so they're gonna have to overpay him but I personally would go as high as 3 years 15 mil, guy just fits so perfectly as a backup SF for this team

1) Resign/extend Coach Lionel Hollins and the coaching staff

1b) DO NOT TRADE MAYO!!! It's his contract year. Matter of fact, put him back in the starting lineup. He'll have the best season yet.

2) Re-sign Gasol and Battier

3) Fill the roster with 2nd rounders or minimum free agents

Based on the fact that we were 1 win away from the conference finals without him, and his high market value, I wouldn't be completely against the possibility of trading Rudy.

And not to mention, we don't know if he's going to be the same player coming back from that injury. We got pretty lucky with DA and his recovery from a serious injury, but Rudy may be different. It may be wise to consider moving him over the summer before he gets back on the court.

We could definitely acquire some valuable players for him as well. Specifically, a permitter threat or two.

1b) DO NOT TRADE MAYO!!! It's his contract year. Matter of fact, put him back in the starting lineup. He'll have the best season yet.

Grizzlies seriously need to go after Reggie Williams. He's exactly what the Grizzlies need in a knockdown 3 point shooter and he's what Hollins wants off the bench with a score first, shot jack mentality. He's a restricted agent so they're gonna have to overpay him but I personally would go as high as 3 years 15 mil, guy just fits so perfectly as a backup SF for this team

I'm way down with this. The impending coaching change in GSW could make him more available, but we don't really have the ability to make any decent offer for a guy like that...except that "I wanna go to a winner" now applies to our Grizzlies :)

He has size. He is a deadly 3pt shooter.

And that's about all we need.

NO. MORE. GUYS. WHO. CAN'T. SHOOT.

I think there has been a MASSIVE change in opinion as far as OJ goes. I think he needs to be kept and honestly Sam Young could be dealt for an equally scrubby big. I don't wanna give away OJ for McRoberts and a first.

I don't know if you watched the Spurs series. He sucked balls! Spurs fans calling him a choker. He did give us a scare during Game 1, but that was just that.

And has Bonner even scored 18 points in a playoff game?

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/team/_/s...ct/seasontype/2

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_...ct/seasontype/2

Really? Do you want your backup PF jacking up 3s instead of going to the low post? Yeah, the Spurs were a great regular season team, especially in the perimeter, but Popovich must have done something with the looks he's getting, and we don't play the same way.

With Bonner as your PF, you are doomed to fail in the post season. He can't defend anybody, and he's a system guy who looks great on a perimeter-oriented offensive team, but just that. How about this for a stat: 2-2 reg. season, 4-2 post season.

And give away OJ for him? You must be crazy.

In no way shape or form do you trade Rudy Gay!! I would look to move Xavier and Sam in a package deal for a SHOOTER!! For those of you that claim that Xavier can be that let me say that the dude shot 19% from three point land. I am stoked for next year. I pray that there is no lockout. We are gonna be so good next year and possibly in the Thunder's shoes hosting a game 7 in the second round.

Keep the band together and see what happens. DA to me this was his rookie year. We seen only flashes of what he can do and Henry is 19yrs old we have no idea what he can do. Also the fact shooters come cheap and winning is the sales pitch now. None of us saw Sam, or TA doing what they did for us this year. May hope is we just buy some early 2nd rd picks. Lionell will tell CW what he needs now. I trust CW and LH will add the right guys to our team. Also people bashing Conley need to chill because last I checked he carried us. This team will be more determined than ever. I believe Heisley will continue on his promise witht he 3yr plan.

I will probably flip flop all summer but here goes:

1. Resign Marc Gasol

2. Make a decision on Mayo early. Start him or trade him.

3. Let Battier go if you keep Mayo. I have waffled on this and would love to keep them all but we are to bunched on the wing. Can't keep TA, Mayo and Battier. Need to develop Xavier. Need more scorers/shooters in the rotation.

4. Acquire a big that can space the floor or duplicate ZBo/Gasol.

5. Upgrade the backup PG, if possible...

We have to come to grips with who we are as a team. We probably need another low post scorer off the bench. Ideally you would want to make a power move here like adding an Al Jefferson or Chris Kaman off the bench. That is a championship type acquisition.

Based on the fact that we were 1 win away from the conference finals without him, and his high market value, I wouldn't be completely against the possibility of trading Rudy.

And not to mention, we don't know if he's going to be the same player coming back from that injury. We got pretty lucky with DA and his recovery from a serious injury, but Rudy may be different. It may be wise to consider moving him over the summer before he gets back on the court.

We could definitely acquire some valuable players for him as well. Specifically, a permitter threat or two.

You are the most floppiest flip flopper in Grizz Fandom History.

I will probably flip flop all summer but here goes:

1. Resign Marc Gasol

2. Make a decision on Mayo early. Start him or trade him.

3. Let Battier go if you keep Mayo. I have waffled on this and would love to keep them all but we are to bunched on the wing. Can't keep TA, Mayo and Battier. Need to develop Xavier. Need more scorers/shooters in the rotation.

4. Acquire a big that can space the floor or duplicate ZBo/Gasol.

5. Upgrade the backup PG, if possible...

We have to come to grips with who we are as a team. We probably need another low post scorer off the bench. Ideally you would want to make a power move here like adding an Al Jefferson or Chris Kaman off the bench. That is a championship type acquisition.

I agree with almost everything.

If it all came down to it between Shane and OJ, I want to keep OJ. Long-term, he is the best option. Going after a big like Jefferson or Kaman just doesn't seem right with Arthur still on the team. I don't think you need anyone that makes that much money as your backup center. I'm fine with a 3-big man rotation and having the 4th big make a little less than $5M and can do what we expected Thabeet to do.

Today, Battier showed he really has a hard time with his foot speed. I love Battier for all he's done during the 2nd half of the season and playoffs, but I'm not trying to keep him over a guy as valuable as OJ (especially if he's going to cost $5-6M).

So, here's my list:

1) Re-sign Marc

2) Let Shane walk; make a decision on Sam and Henry

3) Be prepared to offer extensions to OJ and DA

4) Find a center that's capable of blocking shots, versatile and can score somewhat on the offensive end

5) Get a veteran backup PG that can actually play; if not, just keep Vasquez as the backup

I would keep Henry over Sam. OJ over Shane. G/F rotation of TA/Gay/OJ/Henry. Good defensively and a better shooting rotation. Just got to hope Henry comes to play next season.

I agree with almost everything.

If it all came down to it between Shane and OJ, I want to keep OJ. Long-term, he is the best option.

Problem is, there likely isn't a long term. We can keep him next year, but then free agency hits, and I think he'll want a payday. You trade him or extend him now. Waiting means we lose.

Problem is, there likely isn't a long term. We can keep him next year, but then free agency hits, and I think he'll want a payday. You trade him or extend him now. Waiting means we lose.

That really depends on the new CBA doesn't it? I guess there is a team out there that would take a risk on him, but hopefully it works out that we can develop him in our system for a few more years at least.

we will trade you byron mullens for xavier. id love to have him on the thunder. you better keep him he is gonna come around just like james harden did.