Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trent3322

Grizzlies shopping Mayo.......again

oj_mayo_jersey.jpg

The OJ Mayo Sweepstakes has officially begun.

My gut feeling tells me he will be taking his talents to Cleveland. Dan Gilbert will make him the sucessor of LeBron James. Everyone is about to see what the Big Hype that is about to be OJ Mayo again.

Mayo's days are numbered. he is about to be freed, the star is about to be freed. I can't help,but have a smile so wide you can see it from the other side.

My gut feeling tells me he will be taking his talents to Cleveland. Dan Gilbert will make him the sucessor of LeBron James. Everyone is about to see what the Big Hype that is about to be OJ Mayo again.

You must really hate OJ to want him to be sent to Cleveland.

That could have happened before the Varejao injury. Thabeet and Mayo for Varejao, Gibson or Parker and some picks. It's not ideal, but it could have worked for us in our run for the playoffs and giving us some extra picks to try to get some cheap bench players (and failing at doing so, of course), but right now it's useless with the injuries.

This is the same story that has been out. The Grizz are asking alot in return for Mayo.

As they should. I wouldn't read too much into it. It's pretty obvious we shouldn't turn down a trade that works in our favor and I can't see Wallace falling for any lowball offers either since we are in no hurry to strike a deal.

No need to press the panic button anytime soon especially since we just made it to the 8th playoff spot temporarily.

Mayo's days are numbered. he is about to be freed, the star is about to be freed. I can't help,but have a smile so wide you can see it from the other side.

Every players days are numbered. The question is how big a number it is. If Mayo feels he needs to be freed from a team that was 4-13 with Mayo starting, 23-11 when he doesn't start and 5-0 since his suspension then by all means he should ask Heisley for a trade.

Why would we want draft picks in a weak draft? Why would we want cash considerations for a 20 ppg player? We can sit on Mayo and do nothing. He still will be needed when he returns. I can think of a couple of teams I would trade him to, but they will all be out East.

Why would we want draft picks in a weak draft? Why would we want cash considerations for a 20 ppg player? We can sit on Mayo and do nothing. He still will be needed when he returns. I can think of a couple of teams I would trade him to, but they will all be out East.

That's why Cleveland could have made sense: they have a big man that we can certainly use in Varejao, they have shooters that we could use off the bench, and a pick from them would certainly go beyond this draft because of restrictions as it will be a top4 in the unlikely worst case scenario.

It's not even talent wise, but we could take advantage of a Mayo+Thabeet for Varejao, Parker and a pick.

Conley/Vasquez/Williams

Young/Allen/Henry

Gay/Parker

Randolph/Arthur

Gasol/Varejao

I specially like the depth inside, like we saw early in the season an injury from Gasol or Randolph would kill us. Parker is the short term choice: experience, good shooting and defense, but an expiring and old, would he resign? Another choice could be Gibson, excellent shooter and a spark off the bench, but extremelly undersized both in weight and height.

Anyhow, with Varejao injuried, it's just fantasy basketball.

Wow, I bet this was a hard article to write.

It took maybe all of 2 minutes to upload a headline grabbing article with ZERO information based on logic that a 5 year old could apply.

The news that Mayo has a high potential for trade is not news. It's regurgitation.

NOTE to OP: It's the article I'm griping about, not you. This post is just another reminder of what should be obvious to everyone; Mayo's days as a Grizzly are numbered. The question becomes, what can we get for him?

I actually hope this is 100% true; that the Grizzlies are actively shopping him. I hope they drew up a list of players in the league that would complement this team's roster and get us further in the playoff picture. I hope they have negotiating strategies and scenarios they are willing to accept in a trade that includes Mayo for the players they have targeted. I hope Heisley has told Wallace the parameters for such a trade so Wallace has the freedom to go pursue said options.

Hey, Grizzlies; keep hope alive, will ya?

I would still trade Mayo and Thabeet for a HURT Varejao, Parker, and Powe. Parker and Powe can help us now and are both expirings this season. If we can't sign Zbo and Gasol then Varejao can step in to either ones spot next season. If we sign Zbo and Gasol then we have the best 4-5 rotation next year with Varejao coming off the bench.

I just read this on Yahoo so I thought I'd add it to the conversation:

The Memphis Grizzlies are dangling guard O.J. Mayo(notes) in trade talks, but one NBA general manager said they’re asking too much for him. The Grizzlies want a player who’s ready to contribute now and improve their chances of making the playoffs.

Yahoo Sports

"The Memphis Grizzlies are dangling guard O.J. Mayo(notes) in trade talks, but one NBA general manager said they’re asking too much for him. The Grizzlies want a player who’s ready to contribute now and improve their chances of making the playoffs."

Hmm...a player like, OJ Mayo perhaps? You know, I bet if the Grizzlies could get a player like OJ Mayo in exchange for OJ Mayo, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

"The Memphis Grizzlies are dangling guard O.J. Mayo(notes) in trade talks, but one NBA general manager said they’re asking too much for him. The Grizzlies want a player who’s ready to contribute now and improve their chances of making the playoffs."

Hmm...a player like, OJ Mayo perhaps? You know, I bet if the Grizzlies could get a player like OJ Mayo in exchange for OJ Mayo, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

We were in a stretch were we got to play weak opponents and every fan says we don't need OJ because we're winning. The bench just scored less than 15 in an ugly win versus the Cavs. We could have used some firepower off the bench during that game and if it was a different team, we could have got blown out. I don't care if OJ isn't that talented or whatever and it looks like he really isn't. I just want him and his 12 ppg on the bench ready.

And on trading for a "better" option, OJ already has the advantage of knowing the system. I'd bet that if we trade Mayo for a "better fit", the team still wouldn't be better than staying with OJ, unless the talent is clearly superior.

And they should. They should be shopping Rudy, Z-Bo, Marc and anybody else if it will make us a better team. I mean, everybody has a price:

11.jpg

I agree.

Nobody on the Grizzlies should be considered untouchable.

He doesnt care if he wins or not! As long as he has 25pts and gets his shine on its all good with him. SMH :blink:

We were in a stretch were we got to play weak opponents and every fan says we don't need OJ because we're winning. The bench just scored less than 15 in an ugly win versus the Cavs. We could have used some firepower off the bench during that game and if it was a different team, we could have got blown out. I don't care if OJ isn't that talented or whatever and it looks like he really isn't. I just want him and his 12 ppg on the bench ready.

And on trading for a "better" option, OJ already has the advantage of knowing the system. I'd bet that if we trade Mayo for a "better fit", the team still wouldn't be better than staying with OJ, unless the talent is clearly superior.

I was going to refute this by comparing OJ to other players that are averaging 12 pts a game, and the funny thing is, OJ sounds ok compared to those folks.

The phrase "the Devil that you know" has been a bit overused lately, but it's applicable to this situation. It just may be that Mayo is the best person for this spot, but it sure doesn't feel like it. It feels like a fall from grace with the team. I see Mayo come off the bench and I think the same thing every time; what a waste.

I was going to refute this by comparing OJ to other players that are averaging 12 pts a game, and the funny thing is, OJ sounds ok compared to those folks.

The phrase "the Devil that you know" has been a bit overused lately, but it's applicable to this situation. It just may be that Mayo is the best person for this spot, but it sure doesn't feel like it. It feels like a fall from grace with the team. I see Mayo come off the bench and I think the same thing every time; what a waste.

Compare Mayo's contract to other shooters out there. OJ gets $4.5 million, Redick gets $7.5 million. Kapono gets $6 million. And if you think OJ is the least talented of that bunch, you're crazy.

Guys are just hating on OJ because from 18.5 ppg and 17.5 ppg, now he's just scoring 12.2 ppg, and he's supposed to be playing like a 3rd pick, the next LeBron.

Honestly, if I was an outside team observer, I'd be hating on Gay's contract even more. Just 20 points per game and we are paying him $13.6 million this season (and the contract is backloaded). Doesn't sound right too. But when you look at the make-up of the team, you got to understand there's a lot of scorers and it's OJ that's giving up his shots, especially that ZBo scores a lot and Rudy, Conley, Darrell, Young, Allen and Vasquez are taking shots that were for OJ last season. Like how Rudy's scoring is justifiable, so is Mayo's.

Every players days are numbered. The question is how big a number it is. If Mayo feels he needs to be freed from a team that was 4-13 with Mayo starting, 23-11 when he doesn't start and 5-0 since his suspension then by all means he should ask Heisley for a trade.

Thanks chip for a good laugh today! :lol:

Ha, man those numbers look bad for him

Nope. I have never been a Cavs fan, but they need a rising star. OJ Mayo fits that bill