Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BeastModeGrizz

Kevein Love

The last 30-30 game was 28 years ago. Sink your mind around that. And just 3 days before he had a 23/24 game. I'm not sure what else he has to do, but it is clear to me that Love is fantastic player, and he is doing things at 22 that hasn't been done by anyone, even in their prime. And Mayo is supposed to be better, LOLOLOLOLOLOL

He is the next Swen Nater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is the next Swen Nater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know, I never saw him play, but Love is certainly a throwback player if there ever was one.

Also, the only way love is going to get respect in this league is when he schools his man in the playoffs, and then maybe the basketball fans and writers will take notice.

No, you wish to continue to perpetuate the myth that somehow both players have the same value in different skill sets, and I'm here to tell you that Love has left OJ behind. He scores more, he is the top rebounder in the game and has been one of the top the last 2 years running, he is doing all of this with 6 less minutes a game than Mayo.

Wake up, they aren't close.

If love and Mayo swap teams you'd see Love's numbers decrease and Mayo's increase.

Not to say you are wrong, but it's something to think about.

No, you wish to continue to perpetuate the myth that somehow both players have the same value in different skill sets, and I'm here to tell you that Love has left OJ behind. He scores more, he is the top rebounder in the game and has been one of the top the last 2 years running, he is doing all of this with 6 less minutes a game than Mayo.

LOL are you serious? You won't even settle for agreeing that OJ and Love are on the same level? You're so desperate for an 'i told you so' opportunity that you're honestly, with a straight face, saying that from a talent standpoint OJ 'isn't even close' to Love? That's hilarious. Kevin Love is great. He's got great range for a big man, he's a great passer for a big man, and obviously, he's a great rebounder. But make no mistake. The hefty averages he is putting up this season are due as much to the complete lack of talent around him as they are due to his talent level. NOBODY, and I do mean nobody, outside of Love on that team can rebound, and only slightly more are semi-reliable scorers. Put OJ on a team where they had to rely on him for everything and you don't think he'd put up some big numbers? Seriously?

Also, the only way love is going to get respect in this league is when he schools his man in the playoffs, and then maybe the basketball fans and writers will take notice.

Well he better hope Minnesota trades him. :lol:

The fact that we really should ponit here is that we could have Beasley here and we lost the chance. Take a look and see. The perfect sixthman. For a 2nd round.

WTF Amare and Turiaf in foul trouble for the Knicks and you guys act like it was something. If he did that vs Boston, maybe I'd be impressed.

Aw come on, you have to be at least a LITTLE impressed, right? haha

But seriously, I'm impressed, but you're right that it really was a perfect storm type scenario for him. For at least half of the game he was literally the only person on the court, from either team, that had more than a slight sliver of rebounding skill.

LOL are you serious? You won't even settle for agreeing that OJ and Love are on the same level? You're so desperate for an 'i told you so' opportunity that you're honestly, with a straight face, saying that from a talent standpoint OJ 'isn't even close' to Love? That's hilarious. Kevin Love is great. He's got great range for a big man, he's a great passer for a big man, and obviously, he's a great rebounder. But make no mistake. The hefty averages he is putting up this season are due as much to the complete lack of talent around him as they are due to his talent level. NOBODY, and I do mean nobody, outside of Love on that team can rebound, and only slightly more are semi-reliable scorers. Put OJ on a team where they had to rely on him for everything and you don't think he'd put up some big numbers? Seriously?

In 28 years, nobody has put up a 30/30 game on any team. Last year, with less minutes he out rebounded al jefferson, and the year before, his rookie year, he was the top rebounder of his rookie class. And he did this at 22.

Yes, I'm absolutely serious, and by the way, I didn't bring up this thread, so no I couldn't care less for "i told ya so's.'

In 28 years, nobody has put up a 30/30 game on any team. Last year, with less minutes he out rebounded al jefferson, and the year before, his rookie year, he was the top rebounder of his rookie class. And he did this at 22.

Yes, I'm absolutely serious, and by the way, I didn't bring up this thread, so no I couldn't care less for "i told ya so's.'

Simple like that OJ is the better talent.

ZBo and David Lee would have the same stats during that game if he was in Love's shoes.

ZBo and David Lee would have the same stats during that game if he was in Love's shoes.

Funny you say about Zbo.Take a look on Rudy twitter I think he try to mention him.

And like I said, I agree that he is a great rebounder. We're talking overall impact though, and unless you consider being great at one thing to mean that you are automatically better than any other player who isn't quite as good at any one other thing, then yes, OJ and Love are on the same level talent wise.

And like I said, I agree that he is a great rebounder. We're talking overall impact though, and unless you consider being great at one thing to mean that you are automatically better than any other player who isn't quite as good at any one other thing, then yes, OJ and Love are on the same level talent wise.

And OJ ain't great at anything, so what is your point?

Yes no one but a future hall of famer could put up those numbers in a game against elite defender Amar'e Stoudemire. Look at the Facts. The Knicks shot 38% The T'wolves shot 43.6% that means that 59.2% of all shots taken were available for rebound. 193 shots only 79 makes. That leaves 114 rebounds available. Corey Brewer averages 3.6 RPG in that game he had 8 that game. Kevin Love averages 14.6 RPG he got 31. New York is a horrible rebounding team. The teams leading rebounder is Wilson Chandler at 9.3 rpg.

Not saying it isn't an accomplishment. Just saying.

Mayo is not the best player on his team. Kevin Love is arguably the best player on his team. Mayo may be the the fourth best player on his team but that is the same position Kevin Love would be on in this team. Once again just saying.

And OJ ain't great at anything, so what is your point?

Lol, seriously? You have no idea what I'm getting at? Are you really saying that being great at one thing makes him better than any other player who isn't phenomenal at one thing? Reggie Evans is a phenomenal rebounder...one of the best in the game. How would you compare him and OJ? Didn't think I'd have to use such an extreme example to get my point across, but there it is.

WTF Amare and Turiaf in foul trouble for the Knicks and you guys act like it was something. If he did that vs Boston, maybe I'd be impressed.

it wasn't boston but he did just have 23 points and 24 rebounds against the lakers only 3 games ago in a narrow loss.

Yes no one but a future hall of famer could put up those numbers in a game against elite defender Amar'e Stoudemire. Look at the Facts. The Knicks shot 38% The T'wolves shot 43.6% that means that 59.2% of all shots taken were available for rebound. 193 shots only 79 makes. That leaves 114 rebounds available. Corey Brewer averages 3.6 RPG in that game he had 8 that game. Kevin Love averages 14.6 RPG he got 31. New York is a horrible rebounding team. The teams leading rebounder is Wilson Chandler at 9.3 rpg.

Not saying it isn't an accomplishment. Just saying.

Mayo is not the best player on his team. Kevin Love is arguably the best player on his team. Mayo may be the the fourth best player on his team but that is the same position Kevin Love would be on in this team. Once again just saying.

You can explain it away all you want, but in 28 years, are you saying that this was the first time in 28 years that there was 114 rebounds available? And what we are talking about is both points and rebounds and it is no surprise that the last player to do this was also a great offensive rebounding machine like love is, Moses Malone.

Remember this: Shaq has NEVER done this, and I'd say that he was about as dominate as they come and I am certain that he's had this kind of an opportunity many, many times, Hakeem never did it, Robinson never did it, Karl Malone never did it, THEIR WHOLE CAREER. So you are telling me that all of these guys have never had the same opportunity that Love had that ONE NIGHT, at least once in their whole career, if not 100 times?

It's difficult to compare them, but even though Love is playing out of mind and OJ is not (at all), I'd take Mayo any day.

You can explain it away all you want, but in 28 years, are you saying that this was the first time in 28 years that there was 114 rebounds available? And what we are talking about is both points and rebounds and it is no surprise that the last player to do this was also a great offensive rebounding machine like love is, Moses Malone.

Remember this: Shaq has NEVER done this, and I'd say that he was about as dominate as they come and I am certain that he's had this kind of an opportunity many, many times, Hakeem never did it, Robinson never did it, Karl Malone never did it, THEIR WHOLE CAREER. So you are telling me that all of these guys have never had the same opportunity that Love had that ONE NIGHT, at least once in their whole career, if not 100 times?

Maybe, maybe not, but if they were on the Timberwolves that night they probably would have.

Exactly what is the point you are trying to prove? Nobody is arguing that it isn't an impressive achievement. Nobody is arguing that Kevin Love isn't a great young talent. What is your point?

Guest teamball

He's good. He deserves the credit and would be better for this team now than Zach is. That doesn't mean the team would have been better by keeping him.

Keeping him would have meant no Zach and maybe no 16 game improvement. But it would have meant no OJ, so it could have meant Tyreke or Curry instead of Thabeet. It could have meant a pick higher than or lower than the 12 this past draft.

If's and butt's

doesn't matter...he's a good player and I'd rather have him than Zach now and not then. We've had a couple shots at getting him. First from the draft, and I'm glad we traded him. Second this past season and offseason when they were looking to move him, we should have made that trade.

This is a silly discussion. Both OJ and Love are good players. Thus, both Memphis and Minny walked away with a good player from the 2008 draft, which doesn't always happen. Yet, neither player is a superstar. Both have weaknesses. They're pieces to a team, not foundations. And they're peculiar pieces at that. For example, I'd rather Noah than Love, as he's an easier piece to build with. Similarly, I'd rather have Curry than Mayo for the same reason.

Plus, a case can be made that Eric Gordon was the better selection than either of them.

Because Kevin Love isn't a starter on a contending team. I know what he did last night, but he's not a gifted enough scorer and he's a poor defender. The only thing he's great at is rebounding.

He pulled down 30 and 30, but at the risk of upsetting some people, Lorenzon Wright (rest his soul) had a 30/25 game in his career but that doesn't mean he was a starter on a contending team. Sorry for bringing his name up, but that's the quickest example I could think of.

Kevin Love just isn't that good. He's a solid rotation player on a contending team. O.J. Mayo is still the more valuable trade asset.

Agreed.