Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BeastModeGrizz

Kevein Love

Just wondering what the Grizz nation think after K Love posting 30/30, a feat that was last accomplished 28 yrs ago by M Malone. Everybody is noticing him more now, even Hollinger on ESPN saying he is a possible All Star. Do you guys think he could have worked out being a grizz instead of trading him for OJ? Could he have been a long term solution instead of ZBO?

Just wondering what the Grizz nation think after K Love posting 30/30, a feat that was last accomplished 28 yrs ago by M Malone. Everybody is noticing him more now, even Hollinger on ESPN saying he is a possible All Star. Do you guys think he could have worked out being a grizz instead of trading him for OJ? Could he have been a long term solution instead of ZBO?

No.

I think its funny that people discredit Love for what he.does because he plays on a bad team. Zbo was doing the.same thing throughout his whole career just about til he came here and turned the team around.

Knowing our front may very well keep zbo, i would rather have love long term. At least we know we wouldnt continually pound him the ball and that would make Marc the main post threat. Not to mention who we wouldve got in the 09 draft.

But thats old news.

Love is better than Mayo, we should have kept him, I said we should have then and I still believe it now. Turns out he wasn't man-boobs after all. I don't know anybody but me that was on the love bandwagon.

um, and why not?

Because Kevin Love isn't a starter on a contending team. I know what he did last night, but he's not a gifted enough scorer and he's a poor defender. The only thing he's great at is rebounding.

He pulled down 30 and 30, but at the risk of upsetting some people, Lorenzon Wright (rest his soul) had a 30/25 game in his career but that doesn't mean he was a starter on a contending team. Sorry for bringing his name up, but that's the quickest example I could think of.

Kevin Love just isn't that good. He's a solid rotation player on a contending team. O.J. Mayo is still the more valuable trade asset.

Love is better than Mayo, we should have kept him, I said we should have then and I still believe it now. Turns out he wasn't man-boobs after all. I don't know anybody but me that was on the love bandwagon.

Chris Vernon certainly was. :lol:

I don't think anyone ever thought that of him. :blink:

IF we would have ended up drafting Evans last year instead of Thabeet, I think Love would have been the better option, but with the lack of depth we have at SG right now, it wouldn't have worked out...

beat me to it.

30/30 is astounding, but is not an anomaly. Love is putting up terrific numbers given his PT.

Had we kept Love that night and just let dollars roll off the books, we might have drafted Tyreke or Curry or Harden to help our backcourt and still had gobs of money to go sign wiley vets.

With apologies to a certain radio icon, DON'T DOUBT ME. The Mayo trade at the end of the day was about shifting money around. The hallmark of the 3YP was money. I'm glad to see Heisley talking about spending to keep his starters now, but that my friends, is a shift in philosophy from the 3YP.

I was SOOOO against getting Kevin Love, but I can't help but think what life might have been like. Not that I'm upset we made a move for OJ Mayo. But it's not hard to picture a scenario where last year would have still been a struggle, but this year could have been a huge breakout year given the development of our players and the cash we would have had to make other moves.

IF we would have ended up drafting Evans last year instead of Thabeet, I think Love would have been the better option, but with the lack of depth we have at SG right now, it wouldn't have worked out...

You don't, huh? You must not been around back then.

Love is never going to get his due, and a testament to that is the t-wolves fans talking about trading the guy while his value is still high. Craziness. Fact is that if Love's name was blake griffin, those same wolf's fans would call him untouchable. Love is still the most underrated player in the league.

beat me to it.

30/30 is astounding, but is not an anomaly. Love is putting up terrific numbers given his PT.

Had we kept Love that night and just let dollars roll off the books, we might have drafted Tyreke or Curry or Harden to help our backcourt and still had gobs of money to go sign wiley vets.

With apologies to a certain radio icon, DON'T DOUBT ME. The Mayo trade at the end of the day was about shifting money around. The hallmark of the 3YP was money. I'm glad to see Heisley talking about spending to keep his starters now, but that my friends, is a shift in philosophy from the 3YP.

I was SOOOO against getting Kevin Love, but I can't help but think what life might have been like. Not that I'm upset we made a move for OJ Mayo. But it's not hard to picture a scenario where last year would have still been a struggle, but this year could have been a huge breakout year given the development of our players and the cash we would have had to make other moves.

Keeping Love = No Randolph = no 16 game improvement = no reason for Heisley to spend. We'd still be in the gutter if we would've kept Love. Nothing against Love, but we would've never traded for Randolph if we had kept him.

Keeping Love = No Randolph = no 16 game improvement = no reason for Heisley to spend. We'd still be in the gutter if we would've kept Love. Nothing against Love, but we would've never traded for Randolph if we had kept him.

There's no real way of knowing that. There are too many other factors to consider.

I'm fine with the way things have worked for us so far, though.

There's no real way of knowing that. There are too many other factors to consider.

I'm fine with the way things have worked for us so far, though.

Exactly. We dont know how a team of conley, tyreke, gay, love and marc would do last season. I guarentee that this season we would be getting alot of hype like okc.

Rebounding the ball the way love does is arare skil, same with zbo. There are people talking about how the heat should have love instead of bosh to do the dirty work. Obviously bosh cant rebound.

Ill be the first to say that if love ever gets out of minny, he will be a starter on any good team as long as they dont have a great pf already.

How he isnt a good enough scorer? What hes averaging now? Im sure he can get most of his points off midrange jumpers and off rebs like zbo. Of course u want a defensive big beside him, but we need one beside zbo as well.

Would having a bigger and more talented backcourt outweigh love not being the "scorer" zbo is, but the same or even better rebounder? Not to mention the $$ we would have.

That term was used so much on here it would have made Cash Considerations' vocabulary thread if we had kept him. :lol:

Chalk it up as another Grizzlies draft mistake.. We should just give our draft picks to another team. We just cant get it right, OJ mayo is no where near the player Love is. Mayo scored 4 points last game and is shooting 40% this year. Can't play PG, Can't guard SG, He is as overated as they come.

Because Kevin Love isn't a starter on a contending team. I know what he did last night, but he's not a gifted enough scorer and he's a poor defender. The only thing he's great at is rebounding.

He pulled down 30 and 30, but at the risk of upsetting some people, Lorenzon Wright (rest his soul) had a 30/25 game in his career but that doesn't mean he was a starter on a contending team. Sorry for bringing his name up, but that's the quickest example I could think of.

Kevin Love just isn't that good. He's a solid rotation player on a contending team. O.J. Mayo is still the more valuable trade asset.

You are insane.. Kevin Love is going to be an ALLSTAR player for years to come, OJ will not make 1 all star team. It was a bad trade, nothing grizz can do now.

You are insane.. Kevin Love is going to be an ALLSTAR player for years to come, OJ will not make 1 all star team. It was a bad trade, nothing grizz can do now.

Consider this asinine post bookmarked. ;)

Love is getting 18 and 15 per game. I dont think this is opinion, it is FACT.

Yeah, THREE weeks into the season. :rolleyes:

He only averages 10 and 12 for his career. Not bad, but not amazing either.

Yeah, THREE weeks into the season. :rolleyes:

He only averages 10 and 12 for his career. Not bad, but not amazing either.

I think 10 and 12 is pretty **** good for a guy who only played 1 year in college. He is getting better and will alwys be a 15 PPG and 10RPG player and Mayo is not getting better+will always struggle to find his position on the court.

I think 10 and 12 is pretty **** good for a guy who only played 1 year in college. He is getting better and will alwys be a 15 PPG and 10RPG player and Mayo is not getting better+will always struggle to find his position on the court.

Well, can't dwell on what could have/should have been...

The fact is, we got Mayo and we're doing just fine with him for now...

Lets not forget, MIN isn't exactly at the top of the standings with Love, but the Grizzlies are a legitimate contender.