Sign in to follow this  
memphis slim

what a call (back again)

this is some of the worst officiating i have ever seen.

unreal.

they are more than doubling our fts at half.

they have not been anywhere near 2 x as aggressive as us.

countless missed calls.

here we go again..

slim.

Yeah NBAs been rigged for as long as I've been watching it seems. Can't stand it but can't quit watching.

One of the reasons why NFL is quite superior.

I actually think the officiating in the NBA as a whole has improved tremendously over the past year and a half.

you cannot tell me that was an evenly officiated contest.

no way.

slim.

I actually think the officiating in the NBA as a whole has improved tremendously over the past year and a half.

Please tell me you didn't just type that with a straight face...

I absolutely hate blaming anything on the refs, but if the eyes didn't expose what was happening, the incredibly lopsided stats did: they were in the bonus before a single foul had been called against them. Our players were in disbelief the entire night and you can't blame them for it at all. I actually greatly commend them for having so much fight when the refs made it so competitively unfair. Hollins was beyong p*ssed. I was hoping he would go out and get himself a fine after the game. Something has got to give. We absolutely can't win with the refs calling a game that lopsided. It's literally impossible. Nothing lost us this game more than the way the refs called that first half.

I absolutely hate blaming anything on the refs, but if the eyes didn't expose what was happening, the incredibly lopsided stats did: they were in the bonus before a single foul had been called against them. Our players were in disbelief the entire night and you can't blame them for it at all. I actually greatly commend them for having so much fight when the refs made it so competitively unfair. Hollins was beyong p*ssed. I was hoping he would go out and get himself a fine after the game. Something has got to give. We absolutely can't win with the refs calling a game that lopsided. It's literally impossible. Nothing lost us this game more than the way the refs called that first half.

\

excuses,excuses... BLAH BLAH

I will agree that there are too many excuses here as in years past. The refs have NEVER caused the Grizzlies to draft bad and miss the playoffs.

However, I don't know how many games in NBA history had 7 fouls called on one team and 0 on the other to start the game.

Please tell me you didn't just type that with a straight face...

Maybe you aren't familiar with the track record of NBA officials over the past decade.

Even with 'bad' officiating the team came back from 19 points down?

That doesn't happen with completely lopsided officiating.

Stop blaming everything on the refs. It's not their fault the Grizzlies made Dorell Wright look like the best shooter in the NBA or couldn't stop Monta from getting to the rim/free throw line or that our bench is the worst in the NBA. Or that we have a team full of jumpshooters.

Maybe you aren't familiar with the track record of NBA officials over the past decade.

Even with 'bad' officiating the team came back from 19 points down?

That doesn't happen with completely lopsided officiating.

Stop blaming everything on the refs. It's not their fault the Grizzlies made Dorell Wright look like the best shooter in the NBA or couldn't stop Monta from getting to the rim/free throw line or that our bench is the worst in the NBA. Or that we have a team full of jumpshooters.

Even after all that we still would have won if the game was called fairly. If you saw all of that about our team then you saw the ***** poor officiating also. IF not it sounds like you have selective vision.

There were a couple of missed calls when one of our guys (Xavier and Marc that I can recall) was ganged up on, but outside of that I thought this game was pretty fair especially considering it was at GS.

They even had the call right when the rookie ref missed the out of bounds and called it off the Warriors. I think if OJ Mayo doesn't decide to go for a pull-up when we are down by 3 with 3:30 left - no one under the rim to hit the glass - we could have made it into overtime. Instead he misses and Monta comes back and drives for the and-1 on Mike. 6 point swing right their. Game over.

Refs didn't screw us. Bad play by our bench and OJ falling into the Warriors style of "throw up whatever garbage shot you have" basketball is what cost us this one.

That entire Washington game was a joke. Bavetta and company have no shame, do they?

Violet was a bit worse in my opinion.

As another poster mentioned, she wouldn't even be there if league didn't want to keep at least 1 female official in the league...

You know, I think we got some calls tonight. At least it didn't feel like they were going for the other team like in the Blazers game. :lol:

Maybe we did, but I know that in the first half Lebron just steamrolled, literally steamrolled Thabeet in the lane and a block was called on Hasheem. Thabeet never moved and did exactly what you would tell him to do. And I watched throughout the game when Bron didnt get the call he thought he or his team should get, he just whined and argued with the refs with no "respect for the game" technical called. I remember Rudy getting T'd up earlier in the year after he got called for a foul and he just leaned over to touch the floor. Ref said it was a "respect for the game"T. I know about the stars getting preferential treatment and all that but 'Bron gets way too much of that. Its not even close to being fair. However all in all, the game was okay unlike the total hose job we got in Washington the night before.

Maybe we did, but I know that in the first half Lebron just steamrolled, literally steamrolled Thabeet in the lane and a block was called on Hasheem. Thabeet never moved and did exactly what you would tell him to do. And I watched throughout the game when Bron didnt get the call he thought he or his team should get, he just whined and argued with the refs with no "respect for the game" technical called. I remember Rudy getting T'd up earlier in the year after he got called for a foul and he just leaned over to touch the floor. Ref said it was a "respect for the game"T. I know about the stars getting preferential treatment and all that but 'Bron gets way too much of that. Its not even close to being fair. However all in all, the game was okay unlike the total hose job we got in Washington the night before.

Agree with this entire post.......

the washington game was absurd. wow.

i agree about lebron and the thabeet foul call as well as 'bron's whining.

if you are going to make a rule, make it.

i actually think they are backing away from it all together.

fine with me- thought it was a horrible idea from the start.

slim.

At the chalk talk before the Lakers game Ron Johnson the Senior Vice President of Referee Operations has been scheduled to speak to the MVPs.

I think that I'll ask him what kind of process is in place for a team to bring suspected officiating errors to the leagues attention.

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/fan_zone/mvp-index.html

Does anyone else have any questions we could ask him?

At the chalk talk before the Lakers game Ron Johnson the Senior Vice President of Referee Operations has been scheduled to speak to the MVPs.

I think that I'll ask him what kind of process is in place for a team to bring suspected officiating errors to the leagues attention.

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/fan_zone/mvp-index.html

Does anyone else have any questions we could ask him?

Ask him if the league's officials are actually incompetent, or if they're just biased. :lol:

A handful of bad ones tonight, but Kobe shot the ball and air mailed it out of bounds and the refs running to the other end of the floor, Kobe starts yapping his loud *** mouth at the refs and talks them into changing the call. It was dispicable.

The Lakers reeled off a nice little run after that play. I would've been livid had we lost this game.

A handful of bad ones tonight, but Kobe shot the ball and air mailed it out of bounds and the refs running to the other end of the floor, Kobe starts yapping his loud *** mouth at the refs and talks them into changing the call. It was dispicable.

The Lakers reeled off a nice little run after that play. I would've been livid had we lost this game.

LOL, its completely ridiculous that in the officials' minds, it is COMPLETELY out of the realm of possibility that Kobe Bryant would throw up an air ball. The Grizzlies MUST have done something. :lol:

I agree.....if we lost this one...I would've put a hole in my TV....and then been ****** off about that later too. Here's mine...

Kobe gets double teamed and dribbles out of it and proceeds to fall down on his own and gets a foul call. Lakers weren't doing anything with FG's.....the refs kept em in it for a good 2 mins in the final quarter.