Sign in to follow this  
memphis slim

what a call (back again)

Kobe gets double teamed and dribbles out of it and proceeds to fall down on his own and gets a foul call. Lakers weren't doing anything with FG's.....the refs kept em in it for a good 2 mins in the final quarter.

Yeah that one was pitiful.

It looked like Hasseltine was going to hop over the scorer's table.

in the @ toronto game...

the foul against tony allen i thought was clearly a clear path foul..

if it had been called that way, we get 2 fts and the ball. possibly 4-5 pts.

they simply called a loose ball foul, we get ball.

we to the ball and they score a basket.

in stead of possible +4-5 scenario, it netted a -2.

huge sway in momentum. i think we had a 10 pt advantage at the time..

glad we walked away with the w.

slim.

in the @ toronto game...

the foul against tony allen i thought was clearly a clear path foul..

if it had been called that way, we get 2 fts and the ball. possibly 4-5 pts.

they simply called a loose ball foul, we get ball.

we to the ball and they score a basket.

in stead of possible +4-5 scenario, it netted a -2.

huge sway in momentum. i think we had a 10 pt advantage at the time..

glad we walked away with the w.

slim.

How about when Bargnanni grabed Marc Gasol and pulled him towards him and thay called a foul on Marc

How about when Bargnanni grabed Marc Gasol and pulled him towards him and thay called a foul on Marc

And the one where Wright drives the lane and Rudy swipes at the air and the ref calls a foul, explaining to Rudy that he hit him in the head, but the replay clearly showed that he was no where close to touching them.

The refs were very "human" last night.

There was a questionable goal tend that went our way, but it looked like it was still on the way up on the replay, so I think they got that one right.

On the clear path foul, I think that in the big picture they did "get it right", but the reason why I had beef with it was because Derozan fouled TA three times, but they clearly didn't blow the whistle on the first foul and on the last two, TA was past him. If they had called the initial foul, then yes, it was NOT a clear path foul, but they didn't call that one. The play on the floor was correct because they didn't call that first foul. When they reviewed the play, they based their reversal on when the first foul occured, which was NOT the one in question. My beef was for their inconsistency. They shouldn't have overturned to call on the floor because the timing of the whistle was questionable at best. It ultimately didn't change the outcome, and the final outcome probably gave us a little more pub with the game winner, but still though...

The refs were very "human" last night.

They are every night. It's just some night's the humanity is on our side so we don't think about it as much.

They are every night. It's just some night's the humanity is on our side so we don't think about it as much.

Some people might disagree with what you posted above; but I'm not one of them :)

joey has a t on the chipster..

JoeyCrawfordTechnicalFoul.jpg

slim.

anyone recall the artest head 'nudge' to free some space after his rebound?

Yes and was shocked that it wasn't called. Almost as shocked as I was when Lamar Odom tried to wrap up Conley on a fast break and they didn't call anything.

how many fouls did kobe end up with? artest?

1 and 3 respectively. Or one less than Marc Gasol or Tony Allen got by themselves.

anyone recall the artest head 'nudge' to free some space after his rebound?

how many fouls did kobe end up with? artest?

slim.

yes, sure do, and I was sitting next to 2 female Laker fans who just laughed and cackled and just thought that was so funny that RonRon could basically knock a Grizzly right out of the way and get no call. It was total horsefeces.

However,I thought the Grizzlies got the benefit of a questionable call when Shannon Brown was called for an offensive foul as he shot from 3 or close to it--he made the shot but it was waved off as the ref said he stuck his leg out simultaneously to his shot and fouled the Griz defender. If they had called that on a Grizzly shooter, I would have been livid.

yes, sure do, and I was sitting next to 2 female Laker fans who just laughed and cackled and just thought that was so funny that RonRon could basically knock a Grizzly right out of the way and get no call. It was total horsefeces.

However,I thought the Grizzlies got the benefit of a questionable call when Shannon Brown was called for an offensive foul as he shot from 3 or close to it--he made the shot but it was waved off as the ref said he stuck his leg out simultaneously to his shot and fouled the Griz defender. If they had called that on a Grizzly shooter, I would have been livid.

Actually, that was the right call. They made kind of a big deal about it at the beginning of the season along with the no hand check above the three point line rule. You absolutely cannot kick your foot out at the end of a shot to try to draw a foul on a defender that's flying by. It's one of those "automatic calls". That's why you don't see many players doing it. It was so blatant that it HAD to be called. It would have even been a poor no-call.

Actually, that was the right call. They made kind of a big deal about it at the beginning of the season along with the no hand check above the three point line rule. You absolutely cannot kick your foot out at the end of a shot to try to draw a foul on a defender that's flying by. It's one of those "automatic calls". That's why you don't see many players doing it. It was so blatant that it HAD to be called. It would have even been a poor no-call.

At the same time, if it were Kobe instead of Shannon Brown, do you think it would have been called?

well okay, I stand corrected. I guess by the letter of the rule it was a foul and heck, at the time, I took it and was happy we got a call, but it really didnt seem he did that much. But I didnt know they had concentrated on that call at the beginning of the year, so I guess it was fair and they called it right. Cool

san antonio. 33 fts.

memphis. 19.

manu was awarded 12 in the 4th alone.

slim.

and the Grizzlies took 23 more shots than the Spurs. We only attempted 11 3pt attempts to their 21 3pt attempts. So we had more shots on goal inside the arc. Terrible, bad, horrible, cheating officiating

I know we beat the Celtics last night but once again the refs missed a bunch of calls on our drives to the basket...especially against Mike Conley. He didn't go 1 for 9 by himself

I don't think you can blame tonight's loss on the refs, but still, 5 technicals seemed excessive if you ask me.

Zbo gets pushed by Boozer, and gets slapped with a T, Tony apparently does nothing and gets a T, and Shane gets a T for committing a loose ball foul. :blink:

I can't understand how the league allows Joey Crawford to continue officiating. He is the most power hungry referee I've ever seen in any professional sport. The dude literally ejects players for personal fouls sometimes.

I don't think you can blame tonight's loss on the refs, but still, 5 technicals seemed excessive if you ask me.

Zbo gets pushed by Boozer, and gets slapped with a T, Tony apparently does nothing and gets a T, and Shane gets a T for committing a loose ball foul. :blink:

I can't understand how the league allows Joey Crawford to continue officiating. He is the most power hungry referee I've ever seen in any professional sport. The dude literally ejects players for personal fouls sometimes.

The Tony Allen one I did see him saying something to one of the Bulls players on the bench. Don't know if that warrants a Tech though.

The Shane Battier tech was one of the worst calls I've seen as far as Tech foul goes. The dude was just shooting the ball and Shane goes up to block it and fould the guy and he gets a tech foul for that?? That sure didn't help us win the game....

and the Zbo tech.....I'd like to see one of those refs get pushed down from behind after the play was over and see if they just casually get up. Plus, those refs weren't going to call anything if ZBo didn't react the way he did.....he just got the short end of the stick with the worst call in the NBA...the double technical.

The Shane Battier tech was one of the worst calls I've seen as far as Tech foul goes. The dude was just shooting the ball and Shane goes up to block it and fould the guy and he gets a tech foul for that??

I just watched that one again and it was indeed a HORRIBLE call. Good hard block/foul from Shane, but there was nothing dirty, no trash talking, nothing. Pathetic.

I think the Battier tech was more of a misunderstanding than a bad call. The foul was already called on Powe, and I don't think Battier heard the whistle. So with him doing that after the play being dead did look excessive and I can see why the ref called the tech. I don't think Battier is that aggressive if he hears the whistle.