Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GF#1

Tracking Playoff Position

Standings (Teams 3-8, through 4/9/2011)

----- DAL OKC DEN POR NOH MEM

------ 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 -(West Standings)

----- 0.0 1.0 5.5 7.5 8.0 9.0 (Games Behind 3rd)

----- 684 671 613 588 582 570 (Win Percentage)

----- 6-4 8-2 8-2 7-3 6-4 8-2 (Last 10)

----- W-1 W-3 W-1 W-2 W-3 W-1 (Streak)

Remaining Games

----- 1/1 0/1 0/0 1/0 0/2 1/1 (H/A vs >= .500)

----- 1/0 1/1 1/1 0/1 1/0 0/1 (H/A vs < .500)

----- --- --- --- --- --- ---

04/10 PHX LAL --- --- MEM NOH (Home/Away)

04/11 HOU SAC GSW --- UTA

04/12 --- --- --- MEM --- POR

04/13 NOH MIL UTA GSW DAL LAC

Standings (Teams 3-8, through 4/9/2011)

------ 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 -(West Standings)

----- 0.0 1.0 5.5 7.5 8.0 9.0 (Games Behind 3rd)

----- 684 671 613 588 582 570 (Win Percentage)

----- 6-4 8-2 8-2 7-3 6-4 8-2 (Last 10)

----- W-1 W-3 W-1 W-2 W-3 W-1 (Streak)

Remaining Games

----- 1/1 0/1 0/0 1/0 0/2 1/1 (H/A vs >= .500)

----- 1/0 1/1 1/1 0/1 1/0 0/1 (H/A vs < .500)

----- --- --- --- --- --- ---

04/10 PHX LAL --- --- MEM NOH (Home/Away)

04/11 HOU SAC GSW --- UTA

04/12 --- --- --- MEM --- POR

04/13 NOH MIL UTA GSW DAL LAC

If OKC overtook dallas, I would love for the grizzlies to try for the 6th seed. Once again, I'd like to see the grizzlies to play an exciting team. I know that the spurs are sitting ducks, but they are the boring-ist team ever.

If we beat Portland and then Portland, Memphis, and New Orleans all end up with the same record, then is this correct?

- Memphis holds the tie-breaker over Portland

- New Orleans holds the tie-breaker over Memphis (better divisional record) and Portland (head-to-head)

Resulting in:

6 - New Orleans

7 - Memphis

8 - Portland

If we beat Portland and then Portland, Memphis, and New Orleans all end up with the same record, then is this correct?

- Memphis holds the tie-breaker over Portland

- New Orleans holds the tie-breaker over Memphis (better divisional record) and Portland (head-to-head)

Resulting in:

6 - New Orleans

7 - Memphis

8 - Portland

Correct.

Six positions up in the air in the West. Two through Four being contested between Dallas, Lakers, and OKC. Six through Eight up in the air between Portland, New Orleans and the Grizzlies. Looks like it is coming down to the last game in both sets.

If we win out and NOH loses one of their remaining two we land the number 6 seed. Of course that is no easy task. And I am worried about landing anywhere other than eight because Lakers could still stumble back to three.

I hate having to pull for Dallas. :angry:

Dallas blew out Phoenix, and the Thunder are up double digits on the Lakers early. Things are setting up crazy.

If we win out and NOH loses one of their remaining two we land the number 6 seed. Of course that is no easy task. And I am worried about landing anywhere other than eight because Lakers could still stumble back to three.

Precisely.

It's early in the game, but right now OKC is putting the hammer down on LA. There's actually a scenario where the Lakers could end up in 4th place.

It's like Wells alluded to above, there are just 2 spots in the Western Conference that are locks. San Antonio and Denver. The other top three teams could finish anywhere from 2 to 4 and the other bottom 3 teams could finish anywhere from 6 to 8.

This is going to be a wild finish.

if we win out, which would mean beating Portland, and Portland wins out except for against us, and NOLA wins out, wouldnt we all three end up with the same record of 48-34?

If that happens, do we get the 6th seed in that scenario? I know we dont have the tiebreaker against NOLA but we would have the tiebreaker against Portland. So what would be the order? New Orleans has the tiebreaker against Portland. So its kinda round robin there

I think I asked this a few days ago in another thread and someone answered that we (mem) would get the 6th. So if that is the case, we just need to win out and that is it. We are number 6. Right??? Somebody hep me!!! LOL

if we win out, which would mean beating Portland, and Portland wins out except for against us, and NOLA wins out, wouldnt we all three end up with the same record of 48-34?

If that happens, do we get the 6th seed in that scenario? I know we dont have the tiebreaker against NOLA but we would have the tiebreaker against Portland. So what would be the order? New Orleans has the tiebreaker against Portland. So its kinda round robin there

I think I asked this a few days ago in another thread and someone answered that we (mem) would get the 6th. So if that is the case, we just need to win out and that is it. We are number 6. Right??? Somebody hep me!!! LOL

Yea, but in my quote I said if NOH loses one of their last 2 then we leapfrog them. But yea if we all end with the same record then we end up at 7.

should be no 6 us 7 por 8 in that scenerio because no would have the edge on us and both us and no would have the edge on por

Its too early to call. If we win its almost like gambling in a way because you really dont know but if we lose out we have the spurs. We should focus on winning Lakers are not looking all that scary right now.

Yea, but in my quote I said if NOH loses one of their last 2 then we leapfrog them. But yea if we all end with the same record then we end up at 7.

then you are saying we need help to get the 6th seed. You are saying that if we win out and NOLA wins out and Portland wins out EXCEPT against us, we are 7th. That is what I hear you saying.

Okay, I thought it was different. I knew NOLA had the tiebreaker over us but we would have tiebrealker over Portland. BUT NOLA has the tiebreaker over Portland as well so they have tiebreaker over both of Mem and Port. I guess that would give them the 6th. We would get the 7th since we would have tiebreaker over the Blazers and Portland would get the 8th.

It just looks like we are going to get 7 seed and will just have to deal with the Lakers, the fans, and the refs. Well then, bring them on. We will show up and Kobe and CO will know they are in a series.

Lakers, Spurs, Dallas........ They are all tough; but not invincible.

Let's just get it on! A hungry Grizzly fears nothing. He will take on all comers when he is hungry!!

Lakers lost, but they will have to lose their last two games to not get the 2nd seed (they own the tie break against Dallas and OKC). They do play San Antonio, but if the spurs were smart, they would tank that game to not see the lakers in the second round.

Imo, its pretty much set with the 1,2, and 4. Everything else is a tossup at this point.

Lakers lost, but they will have to lose their last two games to not get the 2nd seed (they own the tie break against Dallas and OKC). They do play San Antonio, but if the spurs were smart, they would tank that game to not see the lakers in the second round.

Imo, its pretty much set with the 1,2, and 4. Everything else is a tossup at this point.

it will be interesting, Dallas and LA tied, OKC 1 back. anything can happen this week though

Dallas plays houston tomorrow. NO plays Utah. Let's hope both loses their games. Then all we have to do is hope that OKC and US win out. Then Bring on OKC babbbbby.

Seriously if there is a god, this series needs to take place.

The best possible matchups, from a fan perspective is:

San Antonio against NO (chris paul vs parker and nobly)

Lakers against portland (rivalry series)

Memphis vs OKC (the young guns)

No, it would go to New Orleans. The grizzlies would take the 7th seed.

Lakers, Spurs, Dallas........ They are all tough; but not invincible.

This.

Against this group of teams currently at the top 3 in the Western Conference, this "elite" group, we are 7-5.

Yes, you read that correctly, collectively we hold a winning record against this group.

2-2 vs. the defending 2-time championship winning Lakers.

2-2 vs. the team currently with the best record in the league - The Spurs.

3-1 vs. the team currently tied with the same amount of wins as the reigning champs - The Mavs.

Go ahead and look at our record versus the leading Eastern Conference teams. I don't even have to look at it now to say it is just as impressive.

This team is built to win. Screw tanking games to determine our seeding. We may not win a series this year but by God we push a series against any team in the NBA farther than anyone else will give us credit for.

Go Grizz! And keep doing what you have done all season, WIN!

No, it would go to New Orleans. The grizzlies would take the 7th seed.

yeah I figured it out. NOLA has the tiebreaker over us AND Portland so they would get the 6 seed. In the scenario I proposed, we would all end up with 48-34 records but we would get #7 and Portland 8th because we would have tiebreaker over them.

Standings (Teams 2-8, through 4/10/2011)

----- LAL DAL OKC DEN POR NOH MEM

------ 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 -(West Standings)

----- 0.0 0.0 1.0 5.0 7.0 8.0 8.0 (Games Behind 2)

----- 688 688 675 613 588 575 575 (Win Percentage)

----- 5-5 6-4 8-2 8-2 7-3 6-4 8-2 (Last 10)

----- L-5 W-2 W-4 W-1 W-2 L-1 W-2 (Streak)

Remaining Games

----- LAL DAL OKC DEN POR NOH MEM

----- 1/0 1/1 0/0 0/0 1/0 0/1 0/1 (H/A vs >= .500)

----- 0/1 0/0 1/1 1/1 0/1 1/0 0/1 (H/A vs < .500)

----- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

04/11 --- HOU SAC GSW --- UTA --- (Home/Away)

04/12 SAS --- --- --- MEM --- POR

04/13 SAC NOH MIL UTA GSW DAL LAC