Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GF#1

Tracking Playoff Position

We've experienced some tough losses so far this season, but truth be told, our record is better than I thought it would be at this point in the season.

For me they are where I expected them to be. I just didn't injuries would be the cause of us being there.

We've experienced some tough losses so far this season, but truth be told, our record is better than I thought it would be at this point in the season.

Yes, considering the difficulty of our schedule, Im happy with our record thus far into the season.

Let us not forget, out of our first 10 games, 8 were against teams that made the postseason last year, and the majority of those opponents could easily be considered NBA elite franchises.

Our schedule is absolutely brutal for the first 2 or 3 months, but down the stretch, things ease up. As long as we can hover around .450 - .500 until February when things get a bit easier, I think we have a great shot at the Playoffs.

We HAVE to beat the lower level teams though, and pull out a "big" win every now and again as well.

We HAVE to beat the lower level teams though

Absolutely. That's the biggest thing.

Take a look at the teams we've lost to:

Atlanta -

Probably the worst matchup for the Grizzlies in the entire league. They're a top four team in the East. They cause us so many problems because they have length, athleticism, and depth across the board. I don't expect to win against them.

LA Lakers -

NBA Title favorites. 'Nuff said.

Golden State -

An improved team this year. We played them on a second night of a back to back without Randolph. It's probably a game that we should have won, but it's not like losing to Minnesota or the Clippers for sure.

Phoenix -

Should have won that game. Got screwed at the end. We should be at .500 right now

Dallas -

Already beat them on the road. You aren't going to sweep them and they're a top 4 team in the West. Not the end of the world.

Boston -

Best team in the East. And IMO, the best in the league.

Our bench played tremendous last night. We actually have some options now. We get to cut Law completely out of the rotation and replace him with a guy who's more capable of making plays. Tony Allen played a great game last night and Xavier has gave us some good minutes this season. Nice to have a couple options for the backup swingman. DA has been tremendous this season and Thabeet didn't do screw anything up last night. There's actually a slim amount of hope for the bench going forward.

Overall, I'm actually pretty encouraged with where the team is at right now considering everything they've had to deal with in this early season. The schedule is going to lighten up significantly toward the end of the month. Anything at or above .500 by December 1 and we're going to be right in position to make a move.

This topic should be removed.. The Grizz? Playoffs? Are we being serious? we can't even win back to back games and can't beat any good teams and we are going to the playoffs?

This topic should be removed.. The Grizz? Playoffs? Are we being serious? we can't even win back to back games and can't beat any good teams and we are going to the playoffs?

:lol:

It must be miserable living such a depressing, negative life.

:lol:

It must be miserable living such a depressing, negative life.

I live a happy life.. Just not a homer like you. Team is playing terrible and you post something stupid.. Happy with where we are? at 4-6? This attitude is what I dont get, we are playing bad yet people still say they are happy with the season so far. Ok so I guess your ok if we go 40-42, on pace for that.

I think somebody is under a new name <_<

Anyway as long as we are not 8-12 after 20 like last year I'll stay optimistic about them making the playoffs.

I think somebody is under a new name <_<

Anyway as long as we are not 8-12 after 20 like last year I'll stay optimistic about them making the playoffs.

8-12 would be a good start with how they are playing now.

I live a happy life.. Just not a homer like you. Team is playing terrible and you post something stupid.. Happy with where we are? at 4-6? This attitude is what I dont get, we are playing bad yet people still say they are happy with the season so far. Ok so I guess your ok if we go 40-42, on pace for that.

I'm realistic. Anyone who is upset with the first 10 games of the season shouldn't be. I expected a slow start. And anyone who doesn't expect the team to get on a roll when the schedule lightens up is being even more unrealistic.

I'm realistic. Anyone who is upset with the first 10 games of the season shouldn't be. I expected a slow start. And anyone who doesn't expect the team to get on a roll when the schedule lightens up is being even more unrealistic.

Teams like the Warriors?

Teams like the Warriors?

That's weak sauce. We played without Randolph on the second night of a back to back. You can't beat every single boarderline team. You're going to have disappointing nights.

Orlando lost to Toronto the other night. Something tells me they're not giving up on the season. You need to be way more reasonable.

YES! I'm unrealistic!

Sometimes its not about the record but HOW you lose the games.

Coming from a 49er fan. Just saying..

Coming from a 49er fan. Just saying..

What's going on with the 9ers anyway? I had high hopes for them this season.

Its very easy to create another account but I have no idea what your talking about.. :)

Hmm, confession? :unsure:

Rockets beat the Knicks. Suns beat the Lakers in LA. The Suns went 22-40 from three. :lol:

When you shoot 40 3s you better win.

So much for the "power shift" from the West to the East this year:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/standings

If you have a .500 record in East right now you're a #5 seed in the playoffs. In the West you are in the lottery still.

Miami is not improved, New York improvement is obscure. Chicago is mildly improved. Boston and Orlando didn't actually take anyone from the West so their improvement is local. In fact the West actually got better through bringing in Eastern players (David Lee, Hedo, Tony Allen, Brad Miller, Hakim Warrick, Samuel Dalembert, Courtney Lee, Beasley, Tyson Chandler, Raja Bell, Matt Barnes all doing well moving West). Teams like New Orleans, Utah, Golden State, and Lakers are just getting better.

Grizzlies are 0-2 against east conf teams .. :(