Sign in to follow this  
Granttis

Lorenzen Wright

Should have been banned. Very disruptive to the entire board.

Come on, we need some laughs once in a while.

Come on, we need some laughs once in a while.

idol-cryer1242818481.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOJAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest teamball

Where the body was found wasn't in Germantown. It wasn't in Collierville or Memphis. It's actually Shelby county land. Yet the sherrif's deputies never patrol there. It was a problem when it was being built up years ago. The Kroger was robbed and led to an off duty sherriff's deputy who was moonlighting being shot in the head and killed. The banks there were robbed when they first opened. The police weren't patrolling and the criminals figured it out. Now the Memphis PD does patrol that area but they usually stick to Winchester and don't go north on Hacks that much. Shelby county allows Memphis PD to patrol there even though they are technically out of jurisdiction.

There's actually a pizza place on hack's that has changed ownership several times, but the first owner was on the news begging for the police to patrol because they had been robbed 3 times in 2 months. They even offered free meals to the police to get them to come by.

Its not a bad neighborhood. It's just an odd gap in the jurisdiction. Whoever took him there or dumped him there, knew their was little risk of a cop driving by or pulling them over. So they new the area. And whomever the land owner is, should have had a barrier preventing people from driving onto that road that leads to the undeveloped lots. They could be up for a lawsuit.

Just sheding some light on what could have led to there being a communication breakdown between the agencies.

And as for triangulating cellphones. It depends on the cellphone. If you have a smart phone, like an Iphone. Apple can look you up and know where you are as long as the phone is on. They have those built in GPS applications. If it's an older phone or non-smart phone, it's not easy to triangulate. It's not like in the movies where somebody puts the number in a computer and it pops up. They can only isolate the phones through a wireless signal based on the strength of signal coming from each individual cell-tower. The 3 towers with the strongest signal from the phone mean that the phone is active somewhere inbetween those 3 towers. It gives an area not a location. Plus it requires access to the cell-towers and depending on the agency, it requires a warrant for search from a judge. Those covered in the patriot act do not need warrants. The police agencies do.

DING DING DING DING!!!!!!

I think she is completely making up that story. You show up to my house with guns and leave, I won't be far behind you leaving myself. I'd pack up and hide and tell the cops and tell Ren. Who'd keep that a secret? Nobody.

Not to mention the story is dumb itself. 3 armed men show up to your door and ask if Ren is there. You say no. Then they just leave? I don't think so. If I'm looking for somebody, I come to your door then walk right past you when you open it. I'd search through the house and then toss your stuff around to let you know you should fear me. Guns alone don't scare people away from telling the cops or anybody else.

She's lying. She's a crazy angry woman. I really think she played a big part in this.

Maybe Ren was involved in something with the 3 armed men as his allies and his ex wife didnt mention it to protect Wrights character and image

Maybe Ren was involved in something with the 3 armed men as his allies and his ex wife didnt mention it to protect Wrights character and image

Allies? The same 3 guys that threatened to kill his 6 kids (supposedly) if she talked. Doubtful

been out of town and just found out about this.

really lost for words.

i have spent many a year watching him grow into a man on the court.

love you always, rip..

slim.

It's also possible that lilojmayo is a prank poster. Perhaps a former "real" poster has come back to mess with us. Or maybe lilojmay is a current poster in disguise on a second fan board account. It's just hard for me to believe that anybody could be that obsessed and delusional about OJ Mayo. I haven't seen fan worship like that since this.

Were you here when posters like Western Grizzlie/Coyote Grizzlie (I still think they're the same person), millerismoney(and all of his other screen names), and all of the other Miller homers were here? They hugged Miller's nuts just as bad as lilojmayo does with OJ.

Channel 24/30 Eyewitness News report: Sherra Wright in police custody in connection to Ren's murder.

http://www.myeyewitnessnews.com/news/local...wuQ.cspx?rss=59

Tom Powell from Channel 3 is saying she is not in custody:

WREG: Sherra Wright, not in custody. How do we know? We talked with her tonight. The video at 10.

The whole reporting on this situation has been a debacle and a firestorm of mis-information. Everyone wants a sensational story. It sounded like she was questioned(as one would expect) and they report that as she is in custody. Who knows, she may soon be in custody but as of right now, it just sounds like she was questioned, as were many others. Then again, who knows when Channel 3 talked with her, they may have spoken with her, before she was put in custody.

Everybody is just rushing out information- right or wrong- trying to 1 up each other, truth be damned. The next thing you know they'll probably report that the police brought in that wild coyote running around Midtown for questioning to see if he had a gun in his waist band in the past couple of months. He was paw-printed and released.

Tom Powell from Channel 3 is saying she is not in custody:

The whole reporting on this situation has been a debacle and a firestorm of mis-information. Everyone wants a sensational story. It sounded like she was questioned(as one would expect) and they report that as she is in custody. Who knows, she may soon be in custody but as of right now, it just sounds like she was questioned, as were many others. Then again, who knows when Channel 3 talked with her, they may have spoken with her, before she was put in custody.

Everybody is just rushing out information- right or wrong- trying to 1 up each other, truth be damned. The next thing you know they'll probably report that the police brought in that wild coyote running around Midtown for questioning to see if he had a gun in his waist band in the past couple of months. He was paw-printed and released.

All I will say, ODK, is that I found the link through Yahoo News, which means the report is circulating over the national wires. The time stamp on the story is 7:52 p.m., which would be after most interviews are given for the Sunday night news. The latest update is currently time stamped at 10:16 p.m., saying there are at least six police cars at her home, with police searching the house.

sounds like the gtown police really botched the 911 call.

and, what in the world is going on in c'ville? my goodness. talk about barney and his one bullet..

get your stuff together. if you have something like this- call the memphis guys.

lord knows, our guys know what to do. practice makes perfect..

not trying to make light at all. g'town and c'ville seriously screwed up. pathetic, no excuses.

slim.

Just so you guy know Todd Day is my cousin and he says she has confessed..but who knows take it for what its worth. :huh:

just sat down and read it as well.

i don't like the timing of it. i know what he is getting at and he is right- this is a time of mourning, leave the hype alone..

time to remember him now and celebrate ren.

i think his timing was/is off and think his tone is a bit harsh.

btw, not a shot (promise), but i guess he does realize that the paper he works for just ran the full dash-board videos of the 2 slain w.memphis police officers. sort of throws a twist into this article when under this light..

i do agree with him in the sense that we just lost a member of our team- he was one of us- white, black, east, south or north memphis. bball in this town has been the uniting force for many, many years. we should mourn his loss and not become lost in the nasty details of the awful act.

geoff, i think we are big enough to do that.

maybe the coll & gtn pds should be watching csi. i think they have a lot of explaining to do to allow 10 days to lapse. wow.

missing ren.

slim.

I find it funny that people get mad at a guy whos job it is to write articles. He didn't say much except that people are getting ahead of themselves. Which myself and many others have on this board. It is very sad for Ren and his family, and its sad for his fans. But its a very interesting story, people like to speculate about these things. I hope the killer or killers are brought to swift justice, if it is the ex, those poor kids have a tough road ahead of them.

Just so you guy know Todd Day is my cousin and he says she has confessed..but who knows take it for what its worth. :huh:

Man that's what it looked like from the start. This would be a tragedy for the 6 kids.

However, I think this would be good for the city of Memphis. The city has taken a huge PR hit. People have been going to town about how dangerous Memphis is and how much crime is in the city and the thugs and robbers got Ren and there going to get me next. Even people on this board have stated that thug Grizz fans killed Ren. If the wife was behind this, this could happen anywhere in America.

All I will say, ODK, is that I found the link through Yahoo News, which means the report is circulating over the national wires. The time stamp on the story is 7:52 p.m., which would be after most interviews are given for the Sunday night news. The latest update is currently time stamped at 10:16 p.m., saying there are at least six police cars at her home, with police searching the house.

My thing is reporting on this story has been horrible and the local news agencies are just throwing whatever they can find on the wall to see if it will stick so they can come out and say they were the first to report it. Unfortunately, the only sources of information ARE the local news agencies. Also, channel 3 never even had an interview with her nor did they talk to her, they saw her in the driveway Sunday evening. That's the type of bs that I am talking about. Trying to tease people to get ratings.

No offense to you or your cousin but I doubt Todd Day would have any inside info(unless he now works for MPD) There were already people in this thread claiming they had solid sources that Ren was on vacation in Europe. I'm not attacking those posters, I'm just pointing out that all types of information and mis-information is floating around out there and I'll take a wait and see type attitude. Per channel 3's "Unraveling Rumors in the Wright Case":

Tweets like "Just heard this rumor -- Lorenzen Wright's ex-wife confessed to having him murdered" and Facebook status updates, saying "She did it. We all know she did. Watch the news tonight, Bye Bye Sherra" seemed to perpetuate the rumors.

I know people want an answer but I'll just wait to see what happens.

I know people want an answer but I'll just wait to see what happens.

What is so difficult about letting the police do their job? Well, at least is the same around the world :rolleyes: .

It's definitely the dog days of summer. What a pathetic collection of threads!

Several advocating the Griz to trade for Jose Calderone. I will crap my pants if the Griz make that trade. I'm not kidding.

Several that Reisen bumped up from the dead for no apparent reason. Maybe he partied too much after the World Cup win and it caused him some brain damage.

One about Delonte West. Really, Delonte West? Do people think these through?

The Henry thread is appropriate but depressing as heck. I don't know who is right or wrong. All sides look like azzes to me.

And then there is this one, which has nothing to do with the Griz or basketball, at least not any more.

Maybe it's time for a vacation.

And then there is this one, which has nothing to do with the Griz or basketball, at least not any more.

agreed with everything except this, Ren will always be a Memphis Grizz/Tiger

Maybe it's time for a vacation.

Yeah - I do that myself some, take a few days off. I agree about a few too many unnecessary threads popping up and/or reincarnated as well. However, this one isn't one of those. Just my 2 cents.