Sign in to follow this  
Granttis

Lorenzen Wright

I just remember signing the title over. I don't remember taking it to the DMV to have it officially transferred over.

Yeah, same here, just a bad choice on Ren's part to sell the cars to the dude

A lot of hasty opinions here.

Descanse en paz, Lorenzen Wright. Mis condolencias a la familia.

"Alitas de Pollo" was his Spanish nickname. Maybe now he can meet the guy who gave him this nickname and also passed away in tragic circumstances not much ago.

The Collierville police have already questioned her, but somehow she forgot to tell them about 3 thugs showing up to her house with guns. That's strange. Her lawyer was the one who put that story out there. Her lawyer says she will tell the MPD about the "visit" from the thugs. I really find that story hard to believe.

Not saying she did anything but if dudes rolled up to my house with guns looking for someone with death threats and that same person disappears out of that same house and goes missing for more than 48hrs that's when you go to the cops out of fear for your life and your 6 childrens lives. She's lucky they weren't concerned about removing the only witness

But unless we have had a gun put in our face and a threat made on our own life its hard to say how you would act, some people may think they were doing what was the safest for themselves and their families by being quiet.

Who??

was he pre OJ Mayo era? I have honestly never heard of him.

As you stare at the OJ poster hanging on the ceiling over your bunkbed

I'm sorry, but I hate trying to put any blame on a 911 dispatcher, if the cops made it there in 10 minutes, it would have made no differance in his life.

You realize the difference in clues left behind in 10 minutes compared to 96+ hours? If that's your theory they should just make 911 a voicemail service to be checked on Saturdays.

You realize the difference in clues left behind in 10 minutes compared to 96+ hours? If that's your theory they should just make 911 a voicemail service to be checked on Saturdays.

You realize cell phones don't give the location where they are at. And when they arn't registered to the person that has them it makes it harder. I'm just saying put the focus on the crime.....not the dispatcher or the police.

May Lorenzen's family find some comfort and peace when those guilty of this horrible crime get brought to justice.

It sounds like the 911 call came too late to prevent the crime. If they had the technology to locate the cell phone, it seems like it would not have taken that many days to find his body. I truly hope the real story comes out & the guilty are punished.

You realize cell phones don't give the location where they are at. And when they arn't registered to the person that has them it makes it harder. I'm just saying put the focus on the crime.....not the dispatcher or the police.

The cell phone does give a signal to the towers in a so many mile radius. How do you think the MPD found his body so fast? Once they got the info about the 9-1-1 call they looked in the general vicinity from where the cell phone signal came from. So the cell phone call was a huge drop of the ball. Even if he was shot x amount of times he was 6'11" so his chance of survival was slim but maybe greater since he was so much bigger than the average person. Dropping the ball and ignoring the call gave emercency responders no chance to find him in a timely manner

You don't have to know the exact location. You do realize that it was NO COINCIDENCE that the body was found within a matter of hours after they learned about the call right? There are technologies that you can use such as triangulation to determine the general area from which a cell phone call was made and with the explosion of cell phone usage there have been technological advances in the past few years to help determine the location of cell phone calls placed to 911. Once they found out about the call, they use technology to get a general idea of where it came from and found him within hours.. If that 911 dispatcher would have done his/her job correctly, there's a good chance the body would have been found much sooner and an investigation would have been launched immediately. The basic premise of that show "The First 48" is that the chances of solving a murder within the first 48 hours is extremely high. The dispatcher screwed up and did not follow protocol. There is absolutely no excuse and he/she needs to be disciplined.

Memphis Police Director Larry Godwin said Friday investigators prefer to secure a crime scene as soon as possible to preserve evidence.

"The longer you wait, the more chances just through natural causes that the evidence could be affected," he said, though he has no indication that evidence was lost in this case.

As far as the phone not being registered to him, what difference does that make? I don't care if it's registered to John Q Citizen, Joe Public or Jane Doe if 911 gets a strange call with a garbled voice and some gunshots and can't get back to the person, then they need to react, notify a supervisor, and send a patrol car(s) to that area- which is the proper protocol from my understanding. Yes, there's a chance it could be a prank call but in a business like that you have to treat everything like it's an emergency and do all you can to help those that need help asap, regardless of who the phone is registered to. It doesn't matter if they knew it was Lorenezen or not, that has no bearing on anything. You need to help people in general. That is the basic concept of 911-help those who need help and call in with an emergency. You shouldn't ignore a call like that and that person shouldn't be excused just because he/she didn't know it was Lorenzen. It was a person in distress and he/she ignored a person in distress.. That person needs to be disciplined, he/she did not do their job properly.

May Lorenzen's family find some comfort and peace when those guilty of this horrible crime get brought to justice.

It sounds like the 911 call came too late to prevent the crime. If they had the technology to locate the cell phone, it seems like it would not have taken that many days to find his body. I truly hope the real story comes out & the guilty are punished.

There was a disconnect between police departments and 911. Germantown 911 didn't hand the information over that a strange came in until Tuesday night like 8 days after. Once they had that information, they did a search Wednesday and found his body within a matter of hours. The technology worked as it was supposed to and help give them a general idea of where to search, the people failed in acting on the call.

Police chief Richard Hall said he did not learn of the call until Tuesday -- eight days after it occurred.

Just curious, is Ren the first NBA player to be murdered?

I just thought about this an decided to look something up. Keep in mind that Bison Dele played for the 1995-96 Clippers and this is about the 996-97 Clippers:

Strangely, many members of the 1997 Clippers have either died prematurely or have been prone to drug problems, leading some to believe there is a curse surrounding the team. Among the "cursed" are C Kevin Duckworth (died of heart failure in 2008 at age 44), G Malik Sealy (died in an automobile accident in 2000 at age 30), F/C Lorenzen Wright (murdered in 2010 at age 34), F Rodney Rogers (became paralyzed after dirt bike accident in 2008 at age 37), and C Stanley Roberts (banned from NBA for drug use in 1999).

That's a lot of tragedies to befall a roster in a 2 year span.

Also, David Vaughn comments. Good to see David on his feet and being productive.

Who??

Life didn't begin with the birth of OJ.

Do you know how to use google?

Who??

Dude.

Was this really necessary? If the name in the title thread was Joe Lipschitz, it's still about a local guy who got gunned down.

Life didn't begin with the birth of OJ.

Do you know how to use google?

LMAO!!!! :lol:

Who??

He was the Starting center on the Grizzlies when they moved here in 01' and was still on the team during the playoff years. He also is a University of Memphis alumni. Played for the Tigers in college. He's probably the most liked modern athlete in Memphis because of his loyalty to the city (I say modern because Penny Hardaway was also a Memphis alumni).

Who??

Man you got to be 10 years old max. This is not the OJ MAYO fan boards its the MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES fan boards.

He was the Starting center on the Grizzlies when they moved here in 01' and was still on the team during the playoff years. He also is a University of Memphis alumni. Played for the Tigers in college. He's probably the most liked modern athlete in Memphis because of his loyalty to the city (I say modern because Penny Hardaway was also a Memphis alumni).

That person knows that and if they didn't, that person knows how to use Google. It's simple and plain, lilojmayo is a combo fanboy/troll who will go to any lengths to bring attention to OJ Mayo. You can't take anything that person posts seriously.

That person knows that and if they didn't, that person knows how to use Google. It's simple and plain, lilojmayo is a combo fanboy/troll who will go to any lengths to bring attention to OJ Mayo. You can't take anything that person posts seriously.

It's also possible that lilojmayo is a prank poster. Perhaps a former "real" poster has come back to mess with us. Or maybe lilojmay is a current poster in disguise on a second fan board account. It's just hard for me to believe that anybody could be that obsessed and delusional about OJ Mayo. I haven't seen fan worship like that since this.

It's also possible that lilojmayo is a prank poster. Perhaps a former "real" poster has come back to mess with us. Or maybe lilojmay is a current poster in disguise on a second fan board account. It's just hard for me to believe that anybody could be that obsessed and delusional about OJ Mayo. I haven't seen fan worship like that since this.

Weren't you here when Stro was on the team? Lioncub posts were great, Stro was going to be the next Scottie Pippen.

Weren't you here when Stro was on the team? Lioncub posts were great, Stro was going to be the next Scottie Pippen.

No, I wasn't here when Stro was on the team. But worshiping Stro is definitely worse than OJ. I assume the term "strotential" originates from those discussions.

Should have been banned. Very disruptive to the entire board.

No, I wasn't here when Stro was on the team. But worshiping Stro is definitely worse than OJ. I assume the term "strotential" originates from those discussions.

Well, not exactly, Strotential is just having potential and not achieving it at all. But yes, worshiping Stro is way worse, it was quite fun in fact.