Sign in to follow this  
Granttis

Lorenzen Wright

Xwife may have more to do with this than she claims.

Yeah, based on that story, I'd say that either Ren was involved in/tied to some kind of organized criminal element or the ex-wife made up the story to cover herself. My guess is the latter unless someone can corroborate her story.

Yeah, based on that story, I'd say that either Ren was involved in/tied to some kind of organized criminal element or the ex-wife made up the story to cover herself. My guess is the latter unless someone can corroborate her story.

And why would she say something now? If it were true, wouldn't she be more scared to say something after what happened to Lorenzen?

And why would she say something now? If it were true, wouldn't she be more scared to say something after what happened to Lorenzen?

I guess you've been watching the same TV cop shows as me. :lol:

You're right, though. It's very fishy.

Maybe she feels that since the police are after those guys that they may be hiding out somewhere and will eventually get caught sometime soon. Anyone would be ****** and tell off in that situation if they lost someone they were close to.

If those guys went to his door like that, he had to be involved with something. ESPN said he sold two cars to a big time drug dealer in the city. He must of been hanging around the wrong crowd.

Maybe she feels that since the police are after those guys that they may be hiding out somewhere and will eventually get caught sometime soon. Anyone would be ****** and tell off in that situation if they lost someone they were close to.

If those guys went to his door like that, he had to be involved with something. ESPN said he sold two cars to a big time drug dealer in the city. He must of been hanging around the wrong crowd.

Or she's lying. I don't think selling a car to a big time drug dealer means anything. Drug dealers have the money and waste it on flashy cars. Last I checked you don't have to do a background check on people you sell stuff to.

The ex wife is extremely suspicious. Ren lived in Memphis for years at the height of his fame and money and was not murdered.

1.He divorces his wife and is murdered before the ink dries on the divorce papers.

2. She's the last one to see him alive.

3. She doesn't have any information on who he left with that night "from her house"

4. Now she's telling a story of mysterious men who showed up on her door step with guns looking for him. But she didn't tell the father of her children? His family? The Cops?

5. What does she gain from his death? Did he have a multi million dollar life insurance policy? Did he have a will?

This is highly suspect

Or she's lying. I don't think selling a car to a big time drug dealer means anything. Drug dealers have the money and waste it on flashy cars. Last I checked you don't have to do a background check on people you sell stuff to.

The ex wife is extremely suspicious. Ren lived in Memphis for years at the height of his fame and money and was not murdered.

1.He divorces his wife and is murdered before the ink dries on the divorce papers.

3. She doesn't have any information on who he left with that night "from her house"

4. Now she's telling a story of mysterious men who showed up on her door step with guns looking for him. But she didn't tell the father of her children? His family? The Cops?

5. What does she gain from his death? Did he have a multi million dollar life insurance policy? Did he have a will?

This is highly suspect

Additionally, why was he missing for four days before his Mother had to file the missing persons report. Seems like the wife might realize the he hasn't called or checked in with his kids in several days and gotten worried. I don't like where this is going but the ex-wife is really looking guilty.

Wow, you people are really fast jumping to conclusions on an assassination. I don't know whether she's guilty or innocent but I know that I don't know enough about it to make an educated guess.

Guest teamball

This is highly suspect

DING DING DING DING!!!!!!

I think she is completely making up that story. You show up to my house with guns and leave, I won't be far behind you leaving myself. I'd pack up and hide and tell the cops and tell Ren. Who'd keep that a secret? Nobody.

Not to mention the story is dumb itself. 3 armed men show up to your door and ask if Ren is there. You say no. Then they just leave? I don't think so. If I'm looking for somebody, I come to your door then walk right past you when you open it. I'd search through the house and then toss your stuff around to let you know you should fear me. Guns alone don't scare people away from telling the cops or anybody else.

She's lying. She's a crazy angry woman. I really think she played a big part in this.

New story: Three men with guns threatened Ren's ex-wife back in June. Warned her to let no one know of their visit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Auli...-wright-killing

I'm sorry I just don't believe this. I saw this in the CA update this morning and something about that just doesn't make sense. If you have 3 thugs, who are out to get Ren and they go to his house, why would they take his ex-wife's word that he wasn't there? If they went that far, you would think they would force themselves into the house to ENSURE he wasn't there. Thugs don't care about women and children, if it was a murder for hire as people want to speculate, they would have knocked her out of the way, put a gun to her head, tore the house up looking for him and then left. They would NOT have politely rung the doorbell, asked if he was there, took her word for it and then left. It makes no sense. Compounding the issue is she didn't tell anyone. I mean really? That happens and you don't tell anyone? Even after your ex-husband has been missing for days, the thought just NEVER crossed your mind that maybe the two incidents are linked?

I just don't believe it. I'm not pointing fingers but that story sounds odd to me.

Wow, you people are really fast jumping to conclusions on an assassination. I don't know whether she's guilty or innocent but I know that I don't know enough about it to make an educated guess.

Exactly.

Do you do background checks on people that you sell items to?

First off he didn't sell it to the a big time drug dealer, it was an associate of the dealer. Secondly, who does background checks when selling cars? You offer the car at a price and random people purchase it. Thirdly, it has been WIDELY reported that the authorities talked to him and CLEARED HIM OF ANY WRONGDOING. Why do people conveniently overlook that part? He was investigated and questioned and they realized he had no connections to the guy.

The media will do anything to get attention and people will eat it up and spread rumors like wildfires.

I just want justice. Im tired of all the media outlets trying to defamate his character instead of focusing on the situation at hand.

I just want justice. Im tired of all the media outlets trying to defamate his character instead of focusing on the situation at hand.

Agreed on the justice, but it all leads to finding the reason, everything he did will be dragged through the mud.

(Trying to pull this thread out of the gutter...)

Hubie weighs in on Lorenzen:

Lorenzen Wright was our rock at the defensive end of the floor.

In my second season with the team (2004-05), he helped us win 50 games and make the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. He had a physical presence, understood his job, was totally professional and, in our style of play, he excelled.

He was well-respected by his peers because of his ability to be flexible. He's an upbeat guy, and really enjoyed leadership. He was an emotional leader who could also back it up with his physical play. Our younger players, including Pau Gasol, fed off of that type of energy.

Every guy on the team had a job and every guy had a major contribution toward what we were doing. But you can't do it unless you can rebound and have a physical presence, and that was Lorenzen Wright. Because of his size and physical toughness, his ability to defend and score in the low post, he stayed in the league for 13 years.

He was a good kid. I never could have done it if we didn't have him.

My wife and I would like to pass on our condolences for Lorenzen's ex-wife and the children, and also his father and the rest of the family.

[/b]

Do you do background checks on people that you sell items to?

Do you sell cars to people and leave them in your name?

Do you sell cars to people and leave them in your name?

I sold a car to another person once a long time ago and I just remember signing the title over. I don't remember taking it to the DMV to have it officially transferred over.

Once again, the authorities investigated that, questioned him and he was not charged with anything. He was cleared of any wrongdoing. I tend to lean on the side of professionals who did their job and didn't find anything suspicious.

I sold a car to another person once a long time ago and I just remember signing the title over. I don't remember taking it to the DMV to have it officially transferred over.

True dat...

His "X" wife...I think she definitely is involved in this

News update

UPDATE: News Channel 3 has learned Memphis police have questioned several people today about the murder of former Memphis Tiger and NBA player Lorenzen Wright.

Those questioned include Wright's ex-wife Sherra.

No charges have been filed at this time.

Sherra was on TV crying (not very believably, begging for any information on Ren...this was even before anyone knew he was dead)

EXCEPT HER...She definitely knows something

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/index.ph...ht-murder-case/

Smelling like a setup to me smh thirsty women...

News update

UPDATE: News Channel 3 has learned Memphis police have questioned several people today about the murder of former Memphis Tiger and NBA player Lorenzen Wright.

Those questioned include Wright's ex-wife Sherra.

No charges have been filed at this time.

Sherra was on TV crying (not very believably, begging for any information on Ren...this was even before anyone knew he was dead)

EXCEPT HER...She definitely knows something

It's pretty standard for the police to question the spouse or ex-spouse of someone who has been murdered. I wouldn't read too much into that. If they said they charged her, that's one thing, but they always bring the spouse or ex-spouse in for questioning. They will question numerous people.

The Collierville police have already questioned her, but somehow she forgot to tell them about 3 thugs showing up to her house with guns. That's strange. Her lawyer was the one who put that story out there. Her lawyer says she will tell the MPD about the "visit" from the thugs. I really find that story hard to believe.