Sign in to follow this  
Granttis

Lorenzen Wright

I admit to not have followed all the stuff around this story super-closely the last week, but it sure seems the collierville police was less than upfront about things........

shouldn't there have been more public pressure about this being a homicide investigation if they had a 9-1-1 call that ended in gunshots?

I don't want to speculate b/c I don't have all the info; but I would agree that it seems that it would behoove anyone to ask the public for help after hearing gunshots. Especially, if it's true that they are unable to trace such calls to a physical location...

But there will be a time and place for second guessing.

I don't want to speculate b/c I don't have all the info; but I would agree that it seems that it would behoove anyone to ask the public for help after hearing gunshots. Especially, if it's true that they are unable to trace such calls to a physical location...

or at the very least not consistently say for a week that there was no foul play suspected......

how could there not be foul play suspected with a 9-1-1 call that ended in gunshots?

is it fair to say the collierville police were straight up lying for the last week?

or at the very least not consistently say for a week that there was no foul play suspected......

how could there not be foul play suspected with a 9-1-1 call that ended in gunshots?

is it fair to say the collierville police were straight up lying for the last week?

The police are under no real obligation to inform the public about an ongoing investigation. With a 911 call like that having been made, the police were clearly investigating the case as a homicide from the very beginning (if not, there would be unfathomable incompetence). Connect your own dots on why they might have not publicly disclosed such details until now.

The police are under no real obligation to inform the public about an ongoing investigation. With a 911 call like that having been made, the police were clearly investigating the case as a homicide from the very beginning (if not, there would be unfathomable incompetence). Connect your own dots on why they might have not publicly disclosed such details until now.

I can see a strategic reason for keeping the nature of the investigation close to the vest. But the reaching out to the public the evening of the 911 call, if shots were fired, is a little bit more questionable.

Even then, though, I can see why they wouldn't want to create a panic, especially if they had no idea the location, then the main value I see in revealing it is to emphasize the urgency to the public of getting their help.

obviously I have no knowledge on succesful police strategies....

but I went back and looked at many of the news stories the first 3 or so days he was gone.....this is taken from one of them.....from wreg I think

Police tell us they do not suspect foul play.

I'm not sure I understand why they would say that over some variation of "no comment".........the police purposefully decided to tell the media the exact opposite (read: lie) instead of just not saying anything at all.....or did they not know about the 9-1-1 call until a day or two ago (which I think would fall under your unfathomable incompetence comment since checking his cell phone probably should have been the first action taken).....

I hope they quickly and swiftly find the responsible person(s)

I admit to not have followed all the stuff around this story super-closely the last week, but it sure seems the collierville police was less than upfront about things........

shouldn't there have been more public pressure about this being a homicide investigation if they had a 9-1-1 call that ended in gunshots?

Just from a fans perspective, I was not happy with how Collierville police handled things at all. :angry:

It seriously seemed like they just filed the report, and wrote it off. I know it doesnt make a difference now, but I wish the family had gone to MPD instead. I have a feeling they would have done more with the case.

Just from a fans perspective, I was not happy with how Collierville police handled things at all. :angry:

It seriously seemed like they just filed the report, and wrote it off. I know it doesnt make a difference now, but I wish the family had gone to MPD instead. I have a feeling they would have done more with the case.

From the outside looking in, it seemed that way to me as well. They mentioned something about how hard it is to find someone especially if they don't want to be found. I mean, it is true, it is not a crime for an adult to voluntarily disappear. It just seemed like they made their mind up right off the bat by the way the story was reported. I also wonder how much all of this reporting of his financial situation basically made them jump to a conclusion. Granted, it wouldn't have stopped his death but it could have expedited the capture of the excrement that killed Ren.

I wonder if the cell phone was found at the scene. If it wasn't and the people used it, they should have technologies to get a general idea where the signal is coming from and if it has GPS they could pinpoint it. The CPD made some odd statements to me. At first they said, there was no activity on his credit cards or cell phone but then backtracked only to say there was no activity on his passport and they couldn't comment on his credit cards and cell phone. I wonder if they actually did see activity and once again had made their minds up and just figured he had left and didn't investigate it anymore. It almost seems like they tried to cover their tracks because they realized that something may actually be wrong.

20649577.jpg

RIP Ren.

BTW, Lester Hudson dropped 74 tonight in his Bluff City Classic game. Dude was droppin trey balls all over the place. Dedicated his performance to Ren after the game. Brought tears to my eyes.

From the outside looking in, it seemed that way to me as well. They mentioned something about how hard it is to find someone especially if they don't want to be found. I mean, it is true, it is not a crime for an adult to voluntarily disappear. It just seemed like they made their mind up right off the bat by the way the story was reported. I also wonder how much all of this reporting of his financial situation basically made them jump to a conclusion. Granted, it wouldn't have stopped his death but it could have expedited the capture of the excrement that killed Ren.

I wonder if the cell phone was found at the scene. If it wasn't and the people used it, they should have technologies to get a general idea where the signal is coming from and if it has GPS they could pinpoint it. The CPD made some odd statements to me. At first they said, there was no activity on his credit cards or cell phone but then backtracked only to say there was no activity on his passport and they couldn't comment on his credit cards and cell phone. I wonder if they actually did see activity and once again had made their minds up and just figured he had left and didn't investigate it anymore. It almost seems like they tried to cover their tracks because they realized that something may actually be wrong.

Yeah it honestly seemed as though they came up with "voluntary disappearance" theory and didnt even want to consider anything else. I am almost starting to wonder if they were investigating at all, or just sitting around waiting for him (or his remains) to show up (which is what eventually happened). I really hope the scum bag doesnt get away because of sloppy, half hearted police work.

20649577.jpg

RIP Ren.

BTW, Lester Hudson dropped 74 tonight in his Bluff City Classic game. Dude was droppin trey balls all over the place. Dedicated his performance to Ren after the game. Brought tears to my eyes.

Dude, that's just awesome. Both the banner and what Hudson did.

Wow.

Not much to say that hasn't been said. This is a sad day for the NBA, Memphis, but most importantly, Ren's friends and family. The man was a class act, on and off the court. I'm proud to have had someone like him on my favorite team for as long as we did. Thoughts go out to his loved ones.

20649577.jpg

RIP Ren.

You mind if i use this banner on the boards?

I wonder if the cell phone was found at the scene. If it wasn't and the people used it, they should have technologies to get a general idea where the signal is coming from and if it has GPS they could pinpoint it.

Current tech can only track active devices. They can trace what cell tower a signal used giving you a general location. IF the phone is on the GPS can determine with a +/- of feet or meters the location of the device.

If the culprit turns the phone off then the signal is untraceable.

Dude, that's just awesome. Both the banner and what Hudson did.

Wow.

Thanks. Watching Lester Hudson really was a thing of beauty. I love inspired basketball.

You mind if i use this banner on the boards?

Go for it