Sign in to follow this  
Granttis

Lorenzen Wright

Unfortunately I have to agree with ODK.

Yep, I heard someone talking about it and they live in another state. They mentioned they knew who did it. Not sure if it's true or not.

Yep, I heard someone talking about it and they live in another state. They mentioned they knew who did it. Not sure if it's true or not.

Yup - between fear of retalliation and the no snitching mindset the truth will likely never make it to authorities.

Yup - between fear of retalliation and the no snitching mindset the truth will likely never make it to authorities.

I don't know. The authorities may get some clue one day and maybe some accussed thugster(s) will need some time knocked off of a sentence in exchange for some information. But it may be years before it is solved.

Not sure if people saw this in Commercial Appeal. The ex-wife is spending a lot of the money that was to go to the kids. I don't know what the true story is, but it saddens me, the whole thing. http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/jan/27/wright-family-court-battle-exposes-exs-spending/?partner=popular

The only good thing is that Ren isn't here to witness this shame.

Not sure if people saw this in Commercial Appeal. The ex-wife is spending a lot of the money that was to go to the kids. I don't know what the true story is, but it saddens me, the whole thing. http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2013/jan/27/wright-family-court-battle-exposes-exs-spending/?partner=popular

From the very beginning I thought she was behind his murder. This only strengthens my suspicions.

Does anybody know if his son is still playing ball? I wanna say his son is my little brother age (18ish) and when they were kids they played against each other and his son was a BEAST!!!! I'm surprised I haven't heard much about "Lil Lo".

My son is a senior, and he used to play his in football, his son was at Harding Acadamy back then. I haven't heard his name in basketball talk.

Hopefully most people haven't forgotten about this case, which seems to have gone cold, but there was a brief mention of it today in the Commercial Appeal. Nothing about new leads, but basically saying that the local judge overstepped his authority in investigating the ex-wife's spending of the money she received from Wright's life insurance policy.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2014/mar/28/local-judge-overstepped-authority-lorenzen-wright/

Sherra Wright spent $973,000 of the funds – including $32,000 for a Cadillac Escalade, $26,000 for a Lexus, $69,000 on an assortment of furniture, $11,750 for a trip to New York and $339,000 to buy and improve a new house – within 10 months of receiving the money.

Now I'm not one to tell anybody how to spend their money, but I hope Ren put some $ in a trust for the kids to protect against her spending everything.

I don't expect them to ever solve this one. Who knows if the people or person responsible for this is even still alive..as awful as the whole situation is.

I think his ex-wife is on trial or something, but no progress has been made.

I feel like speculating right after something happens is inappropriate, but it's been 5 years with no progress. His ex-wife has a lot to gain from this, and she spent a whole lot of money very shortly after she acquired it, hinting that she might have already been planning what to do with it.

I feel like speculating right after something happens is inappropriate, but it's been 5 years with no progress. His ex-wife has a lot to gain from this, and she spent a whole lot of money very shortly after she acquired it, hinting that she might have already been planning what to do with it.

Or hinting that she is just a **** fool who got her hands on a lot of quick money.

Or hinting that she is just a **** fool who got her hands on a lot of quick money.

Yeh, I mean it could definitely be either one. I work in an area of law where I deal with beneficiaries of estates/trusts all the time and it is usually more of what Dwash is saying. 

Often times people have planned what to do with their family members' money long before they even get it. That is why some people elect to set their estate plans up in trusts and name a corporate fiduciary (or some other 3rd party) over the money... so some "**** fool" beneficiary won't blow it all immediately. 

People say money changes people but it really changes no one. It simply gives people the means to show who they really are. Had she put the money in a college trust for her kids, franchised a Lennys, bought a nice moderate sized foreclosed home at a good deal and a Nissan Maxima this would just mean that she is a frugal person who puts her kids future above all else and values longterm financial stability. Had she spent her money wisely or foolishly...neither means that she did or did not plan his death.