Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GF#1

I can't stand LeBron James

I've probably said this a million times, but I absolutely despise Lebron James. He is one of the most cocky and arrogent players that I have ever seen. Yes Lebron. You are good. We know that. Quit with all of the dancing and posturing and all of the BS.

Okay. Now that I got that off of my chest, this entire FA period for him is a bunch of crap. He freakin sets up an hour long ESPN special just to announce where he is going to play basketball next season? Are you serious? This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. All it is for Lebron is the spot light. He has to be the center of attention at all times.

And to put the icing on the cake, have you seen all of the rumors today about certain sources claiming that Lebron is definitely going to their team?

Miami

New York

Cleveland

You know that this is nothing but BS rumors sparked by Lebron James' camp to keep the suspicion in tact before "the decision" as ESPN calls it. Makes me sick.

I still remember posting this about Lebron not long ago. All he does it *****, moan, and complain...so annoying

It also reminds me of a post Zack made about Lebron not long ago as well. This is a pretty good summary of why I can't stand Lebron:

I use to love watching lebron play....

now I can't stand him.....

he is downright annoying

the cheesy pre game photo thing

the snobby attitude he gets when "lesser" players play hard against him

the constant over the top whining to refs

the extreme showboating and gloating when winning, followed by unbelievable poor sportsman ship and pouting when losing'

I was talking to matt the other day on the phone and he was saying the same thing....lebron went from fun to watch to annoying to watch......

this sense of entitlement has went to his head.......

http://boards.grizzliesonline.com/index.php?showtopic=8689

What really set me off is this 1 hour ESPN special on Lebron where he's going to announce where he's going to play, as I said earlier in the thread. Are you serious? It's one of the most disgusting things I've seen in sports. It's sad, really.

Lebron.....have a little respect for the game and show a little class and dignity rather than continually making this huge spectacle of yourself.

/rant.

yeah i agree, i have lost pretty much all respect for him during this free agent period. i used to actually like the guy and think he was quite humble but this attention grabbing, all eyes on me [EDIT] is absolutely disgusting imo. he is probably, imo, the most gifted player in nba history..yet i see him going down the "i'm more interested in making money and being famous" road which is terribly dissapointing. if he puts his mind and heart 100% in basketball i think he'd easily be the greatest basketball player to ever walk the earth imo. if you've played nba 2k10 and heard the 2k insiders quote about lebron, it makes you laugh your *** off.

If he signs with Miami I actually would lose respect for him over that. I think the russian guy in NJ is right, it would tarnish his brand even if they won multiple championships. But maybe after a full season it will become Lebrons team and not Wade.

yeah I for one will not be watching the ESPN Decision show tonight. I'm sure clips of it will be part of future NBA.com commercials for the whole of next season so I dont' care if I see it live. definitely dong care. actually I really don't care what team he even plays for. I just hope it's not CHI or MIA. for real. if he wants to be "THE MAN" then his legacy will be in Gotham City. And I'd also have a little bit of respect for him if he stays in Cleveland and keeps up the good fight. However everyone will say he was a fool to stay there as he keeps losing there. I think the writing is on the wall.

in the end all the media hype about LeBrandon James is just a hollow echo behind the World Cups 2010. it's just a side show and not very interesting.

hes more of a businessman/celebrity with this one hour selection show bs and the "lebron brand." when jordan announced he was resigning with the bulls he did it via fax. the more i hear about lebron hoopla the more tolerant i get of kobe. kobe has much more jordan in him than lebron does

hes more of a businessman/celebrity with this one hour selection show bs and the "lebron brand." when jordan announced he was resigning with the bulls he did it via fax. the more i hear about lebron hoopla the more tolerant i get of kobe. kobe has much more jordan in him than lebron does

i sadly agree.

can't wait to see Lebron give the crazy face to Wade when Wade takes over 4th quarter and Lebron is just camping on the wing saying "yes yes yes yes" (pass the ball I'm open). and then still losing to the Magic

Bill Simmons nailed the Lebron saga in today's column. It's a must read.

If Lebron cared about winning rings, he'd sign with Chicago. If cared about taking on a difficult challenge, he'd go to New York. If cared about doing the right thing, he'd stay in Cleveland. All of those are legitimate reasons for signing with one team over the others. It's much harder to spin a good reason for signing with Miami. Back in the day great players wanted to play against and defeat other great players. What does Lebron get by joining Wade and Bosh in Miami? This decision will tarnish both his brand and his legacy. Of course, it's not surprising when you think about the type of person Lebron is (see Zack's comments in the OP). He's not made of the same stuff as Kobe, MJ, Magic, Bird, etc.

And to announce this decision through the medium of a one-hour special on ESPN is just preposterous as well as a big blow to the city of Cleveland. I hope they riot in Cleveland tonight and boo the f*ck out of him when plays against them next season. In terms of sports, the city of Cleveland has been punched in the stomach multiple times. But to have one of their own, a native son, tell the world on broadcast TV that he's leaving to play with his buddies in South Beach is a kick in the groin.

Lebron sucks.

Guest teamball

It is pretty gross to see Lebron doing this. Prime time to announce what team he's going to is pretty insane. He gets that attention I know that, but what happens to him psychologically when he starts to slow down and then retires? Where is he going to get this attention from? His ego is out of control.

And I really hope this doesn't set a precident for other players to expect this kind of attention from the media and fans.

On a similar note, David Stern probably loves this. Anything to get more attention to the NBA. I bet he would have this rather happen next week to take away attention from the MLB all-star game. I think the reason the nba finals take so long into the summer is just for that reason. Trying to keep the NBA in the spot light longer and take away from other pro sports.

All they're doing to build up the NBA can be wiped out pretty easily with a CBA induced lockout next year.

People take the public life of a 25 y/o much too seriously, like they are mistake free, would do better if they were in his shoes, or even live life better in their current much lower pressure situations. Most of us act the freak out when we think a video game "cheated" against us; what would the most of us do on a competitive stage at the highest level with millions on the line?

It's entertainment, people. Geeze. LeBron is not obligated to please any freaking body but himself, and he may as well do that because somebody is going to sit the the seat of judgment and waggle their finger at him no matter what he does, even if all of the profits from this hour special tonight are going to children's charities from what I heard.

But, every entertainment venture needs a good villain. The question is whether the bigger villain is LeBron for just "doing him" or the people who hate him for it.

Wow.

....first they build you up and then they try to tear you down.

So he wants to try and do what the Celtics did without waiting until the end of their careers to do so. ...and to do so with friends.

So he wants to maximize his chances at winning championships and not have to resort to chasing titles late in his career.

No doubt him leaving hurts the Cavs, but if they let one player's decision seal the fate of a team then they might as well move to vegas.

So he's not bird, magic, or jordan like..... who is?

Kobe isn't. First he had Shaq and then he spent two years crying and threatening to leave LA before they got Pau.

....people getting bent over all this is amazing.

Guest teamball
Lebron is jumping the shark.

That could very well be true.

I'm not trying to tear Lebron down and I don't blame him for going where ever he ends up. I really don't care that much.

But I do think there is a problem with his ego being big enough to ask for and get an hour special on espn.

What has he won again? Oh right, nothing. I know he's amazing, but chickens and hatching, cart and horse.

I hope Jordan and Kobe show up tonight and slaps Lebron in the face with all 11 rings. Or a burrito, a burrito slap would be good.

I hope Jordan and Kobe show up tonight and slaps Lebron in the face with all 11 rings. Or a burrito, a burrito slap would be good.

Jordan could get away with it... but not Kobe.

Remember Him defecating on the Lakers and Andrew Bynum because they wouldn't trade him for Jason Kidd.

..he puts up 81 points and then quits on the Lakers when things didn't go his way?

Kobe is a killer and the best the NBA has to offer, no doubt. But he's as hollow as anyone in sport.

Well, at least he's not as bad Mel Gibson.

word.

we can't stand him, but Cleveland really hates him.

He royally jacked Cleveland over by waiting for them to have capspace until all the other dominoes had fallen.

Saw it coming when he gave up in the playoffs.

Jordan could get away with it... but not Kobe.

Remember Him defecating on the Lakers and Andrew Bynum because they wouldn't trade him for Jason Kidd.

..he puts up 81 points and then quits on the Lakers when things didn't go his way?

Kobe is a killer and the best the NBA has to offer, no doubt. But he's as hollow as anyone in sport.

Kobe has 5 rings. Sure Shaq was a big factor in 3 of them, but can anyone really argue that Pau Gasol is this amazing superstar player that threw them over the edge? I mean absolutely he is a great component, but he didn't exactly take the Grizzlies too far, now did he? He's got great talent, but even for the Lakers is just a talented role player. A true second fiddle. The Lakers are nowhere near this "power team" structure that Miami is building with Lebron, Wade and Bosh.

Anyways, I find the Lebron situation to be quite repulsive, as well. I have lost all respect for not only James, but Wade and Bosh as well. Kobe is way above the three of them. He wants to tear the heart out of his opponents. Not dream about teaming up with them.

we can't stand him, but Cleveland really hates him.

He royally jacked Cleveland over by waiting for them to have capspace until all the other dominoes had fallen.

Saw it coming when he gave up in the playoffs.

Wow - Dan Gilbert just ripped him 2 new ones LMAO.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

Bill Simmons nailed the Lebron saga in today's column. It's a must read.

If Lebron cared about winning rings, he'd sign with Chicago. If cared about taking on a difficult challenge, he'd go to New York. If cared about doing the right thing, he'd stay in Cleveland. All of those are legitimate reasons for signing with one team over the others. It's much harder to spin a good reason for signing with Miami. Back in the day great players wanted to play against and defeat other great players. What does Lebron get by joining Wade and Bosh in Miami? This decision will tarnish both his brand and his legacy. Of course, it's not surprising when you think about the type of person Lebron is (see Zack's comments in the OP). He's not made of the same stuff as Kobe, MJ, Magic, Bird, etc.

And to announce this decision through the medium of a one-hour special on ESPN is just preposterous as well as a big blow to the city of Cleveland. I hope they riot in Cleveland tonight and boo the f*ck out of him when plays against them next season. In terms of sports, the city of Cleveland has been punched in the stomach multiple times. But to have one of their own, a native son, tell the world on broadcast TV that he's leaving to play with his buddies in South Beach is a kick in the groin.

Lebron sucks.

Bill Simmons definitely nailed that. If you can't beat em, join em. What a cop out!!! And then to do it in a one-hour prime-time special??? What a pathetic, classless way to go. The way I see it... LeBron to Miami is a lose-lose. If he can't win a ring after teaming up in free-agency with 2 legitimate super-stars, his legacy is most certainly tarnished. But if he wins one there, it was purchased. Sorta like the Yankees finally buying a WS ring last year. Then you have to factor in the damage done from a PR perspective. LeBron calls for a one hour, prime-time show to dump all over his home town team and fans. It won't effect him from an endorsement perspective, b/c corporate America will always whore themselves out for LeBron. But the whole world knows that LeBron is an ego-maniac who wasn't sure if he could ever win a championship without buying one.