Jump to content

Thegoodguys

Members
  • Content Count

    155
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About Thegoodguys

  1. I have the Celtics going to he ready of the way. Celtics and Bucks were the two best teams this year imo
  2. Thegoodguys

    Memphis Grizzlies and NBA Roster Moves

    Not a bad idea. There are a lot of good ones in this draft too. Plus you have the added benefit of it being easier to play then next to ja
  3. Thanks for the info. It will be interesting to see what a lot of these guys measure at the combine.
  4. Think smaller Kyle Anderson. Same deliberate play with good passing and defense but lack of burst and shooting. He's 3 inches shorter with like 8 inch shorter arms though. That's not too say Daniels is small at 6'6" and an equivalent wingspan but I think the only reason Kyle's game works is that he has so much length to get shots and passes off. Dalen Terry, Jalen Williams, Jordan Hall, and Wendell Moore are all in that same point forward mold but I think they are all better players than Daniels and will be drafted way later since they are older.
  5. I really like the offensive game. Any idea how his defense is?
  6. The big question for him is can he learn to shoot. If he can't he could very well end up just like Culver and Winslow have. Could Sochan learn to shoot? Maybe, but his college percentages are worse than either Winslow or Culver at 29.6% from 3 and 58.9% from the free throw line. I'm all for taking swings on upside guys early in the lottery, but there's no need to swing to get a role player. Just draft an older 3&D guy if you want a 3&D guy. I would personally go conservative with all of our picks this draft. We have our stars in place now we need their supporting cast. In my opinion the time to take swings is when you don't have stars like the teams at the top of the lottery or after you have gotten your stars and role players in place like the teams still in the playoffs. Plus we just took a swing on an upside wing last year with ZW, we really just need a reliable 3&D wing.
  7. Thegoodguys

    Memphis Grizzlies and NBA Roster Moves

    Didn't get to watch the game. What the heck happened? They got stomped
  8. Thegoodguys

    Memphis Grizzlies and NBA Roster Moves

    That was more so meant for the people that keep saying we need perimeter defenders and then suggesting guys like Kendall Brown and Josh Minot who may not be able to shoot. I agree that Dillon's main problem is that he shoots way too much. I also think he's kinda small to be a 3 though. Brooks, Bane, Konchar, and Melton are all much more suited for the 2 spot size wise than checking bigger wings like Tatum and Luka. We've basically only got Ziaire that fits that mold length wise and he's way too light. Then we have a bunch of 2 guards and power forwards like Clarke and JJJ that are more post guys that can defend some on the perimeter. Not many big wing defenders on this team.
  9. Thegoodguys

    Memphis Grizzlies and NBA Roster Moves

    Maybe the Lakers would be interested as well. They need a lead guard. Maybe Phoenix if Chris Paul retires or Dallas of Brunson leaves. I don't think Tyus will get more than the MLE from anybody but us but there will probably be starting spots available for him if starting is more important than money
  10. Thegoodguys

    Memphis Grizzlies and NBA Roster Moves

    Yeah there's a lot of big perimeter defenders on these teams. Have you also noticed that they can all shoot? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think there is a single defensive wing that can't shoot left in the playoffs. In fact thybulle from Philly is the only one that I can think of that played meaningful minutes in the playoffs. There's some defensive forwards like Draymond getting plenty of minutes, but very few non shooting wings got a lot of playing time. We need more big 3&D wing defenders
  11. Thegoodguys

    Offseason Moves and Plans

    2 main off season goals in my mind. 1) figure out how to incorporate ja into the team offense and better into the defense. The offense runs so much more smoothly and bane and trip play much better when Ja is off the floor. We need to adjust the scheme and get ja bought in to change this. This means more plays and less standing and watching ja. 2) Get the role players around Ja, Bane, and trip that put the in the best situation to succeed. To me this is a rim running/rim protecting center, a 3&D 3/stretch 4, and Clarke. The center makes it so we can go big with two shoot blockers and have somebody catch lobs to punish centers that try to protect the rim when ja gets in the paint. The 3&D wing can play next to ja and bane on the perimeter as our starting 3 or side into the 4 spot next to trip at the 5 when we want to go small with shooting. Then we use Clarke as a perimeter defender and post player at the he 4 next to trip to punish teams that go small like the wolves and clippers. Moves in the off-season: 1) try to trade Brooks and picks for OG. 2) draft the center, a 3&D wing, and a backup pg for Tyus insurance and in case ja or Tyus get injured. 3) bring back Tyus on a reasonable deal if we can and let the others FAs walk
  12. Thegoodguys

    Offseason Moves and Plans

    I like the plan, although I'd be fine bringing Melton back if we can't find a trade with good return. He's a good player on a fairly cheap multi year contract and he was one of our best shooters and defenders this year. No need to throw him away for nothing in return.
  13. I had not heard of him before. I like him a lot. We absolutely need big 3&D wings. Those type of players are up and down every roster of teams still in the playoffs and we don't have a single one on this team at this point. We have some nice 3&D guards in Melton, Konchar, and kinda Bane depending on how good of a defender you think he is, but no big wings that can do it. Also 3&D is so much more valuable than defenders that can't shoot. There's a reason Culver and Winslow never got playing time on this team. People just give them the Draymond treatment and don't guard them at all. We don't have to settle for defenders that can't shoot in this draft either. Guys like Champagnie and Gabe Brown are older so people aren't as excited about them, but they can absolutely fill that role. Heck Cam Johnson was older than both of them and he went in the lottery to fill the same role but everybody views that as a great pick after the fact.
  14. This right here. Clarke and Adams were devastating on the offensive boards. JJJ did pretty well on the offensive glass last game too. Those extra possessions are a big deal. Plus I think teams put too much emphasis on 3 is more than 2. Sure points per possession a 40% change to get 3 is 1.2 PPP and a long two is like 45% chance to get 2 or 0.9, but scoring in the paint is different. 60% chance at the rim is equal PPP to 40% from 3 plus you have more chances at free throws, increase the other teams fouls, and get offensive rebounds. By leaning into our size advantage we can be competitive even if 3s are falling for the warriors.
  15. I believe that is from us losing the lakers first round pick if they end up within the top 10 which is highly likely. It's coming from NO who got it through some trades because they will get that lakers pick if it falls in the top 10
×