All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Plop Plop Griz Griz

NBA Playoffs thread

I was actually constructing a Conley to Denver trade during this game. Conley and Rabb FOR Murray, Plumlee, Barton and Porter Jr. Murray/Wright/Carter Brooks/Barton/Miles/Dorsey Anderson/Porter JJJ/Caboclo/Parsons Valanciunas/Plumlee ================== Conley/Morris Harris/Beasley ???/Vanderbilt Milsap (TO)/Lyles/Hernangomez Jokic/Rabb
  3. Today
  4. ItIsWhatItIs

NBA Playoffs thread

Nothing would be a bigger mistake than trying to build around a jjj/Val frontcourt, this playoffs is proving that
  5. Who is Daryl Morey? Who is James Harden?
  6. You missed the entire point of my post. Don't get defensive. Just try to understand what I said first would be a good start.
  7. Pistons had a superstar. He was a defensive superstar. Ben Wallace.
  8. ALT GRIND

Bleacher Report likes JJJ

Zion/Jaren pick and rolls.
  9. Yesterday
  10. acarina

We should've had the 6th pick

In the alternate universe where the Grizzlies have the 6th pick why would you assume the same balls would be drawn. Now if they ran the lottery 2 months ago and kept the results hidden until mid-May then I think what you said would make sense.
  11. Father Pat

Rumor has it

I got it, I was just joking (see smiley face thingy). It's an old saying. In all seriousness, why I was harping about it was because to me what stands out is that with the top three decision makers, none of them are there for being experts in their field. That is to be taken as a gimme with regards to ownership (excluding Jordan) but in any business in the world it seems among the people that have final say, one of them should be an expert in their field and usually are. Cho and Grunwald are glorified advisers. It is obviously good for decision makers to surround themselves with people that could be seen as experts in their specific field of business (NBA basketball), but it all hinges on what Pera and the two lawyers do with information obtained from their advisors. To me I keep wondering why Pera would want a couple of lawyers running the Grizzlies. One and a basketball guy would make sense, kind of a check and balance thing. It doesn't make sense for two basketball coaches to run a law firm. It doesn't make sense for two basketball coaches to run Pera's tech company. But it is supposed to make sense to have two lawyers running the Grizzlies?
  12. grizzgolf

Rumor has it

Did Cho mess up char?
  13. PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Bleacher Report likes JJJ

if zion could play the 2 conley/zion/bruno/jjj/jv
  14. Dwash

2019 NBA DRAFT

Yeah I kinda expected responses like this which is what kinda makes this whole debate useless. 1. Who has the memory of every roster situation 10-25 years ago? 2. Any situation anyone finds you will just say "they should have known better" because you are looking in hindsight at the player and what they became. Lots of people thought Marvin was a great prospect at the time and he was a freshman compared to CP3 and Deron being older. He has a terrific year as a freshman off the UNC bench and people were in love with his profile type at the time but you will act like that didnt exist. 3. Need vs. BPA is crazy subjective, especially as you go further away from it in time, based on how the game was played back then one could easily say Bogut was the better player available. In fact, he was pretty much the consensus best player in th draft back then and no one thought they were crazy for picking him. So based on that, they did exactly what you said they should do.
  15. Gradey

2019 NBA DRAFT

There is often a difference between the BPA and the prospect you THINK is the BPA.
  16. lsugrizzfan

2019 NBA DRAFT

You do realize it is too early to tell who the best player available was or if they made the wrong pick? What if Bamba goes onto have a Hall of Fame career? It'll be years before you know if they took the best player available. This is a better example of when you should criticize, time frame wise, except I specifically remember at the time everyone asking what the hell Atlanta was doing. Most people thought both Paul and Williams were better players than Williams (they certainly had more acclaimed college careers) AND Atlanta needed a PG. Atlanta was just a poorly run organization and bad judge of talent. In fact, if you want to get down to it, the 2005 draft is another example of not drafting the best player. Paul was more highly thought of than Bogut, but Bogut was highly thought of. However, most expected Bogut to be taken first because he was a big man. Back then, big men ruled the world. Bogut had a very good career. If Milwaukee could go back in time, I'm pretty sure they would draft Paul instead of Bogut.
  17. Grizzled Vet

Rumor has it

Too Many Cooks is a reference to a video by Comedy Central, which went viral as it was a play on SitCom openings. Funny concept that gets a little bizarre as it goes on and on. Actually goes on way too long for me....
  18. Memphis Grizzlies forward Kyle Anderson underwent successful thoracic outlet decompression surgery on Wednesday to resolve right shoulder soreness and is expected to make a complete recovery in advance of the Grizzlies’ 2019 training camp. View the full article on Grizzlies.com
  19. Grind City Media’s Lang Whitaker and Michael Wallace have been covering the NBA since shorts were short and socks were long, but their opinions about the League don’t always mesh. #IMHO is their weekly chance to weigh in on the most pertinent news from around the NBA. What’s lit? What’s lame? Find out each week right here. View the full article on Grizzlies.com
  20. 10SC-2-TOKYO

2019 NBA DRAFT

I really like this one ...
  21. Dwash

2019 NBA DRAFT

Phoenix passed on SGA too (needed a pg bad) for Mikal Bridges as the BPA, which doesnt look great right now.
  22. Rdk4121

2019 NBA DRAFT

The magic might have taken BPA, but they have honestly been better with Khem Birch playing than Bamba. I didn't even know Birch existed until this year. If they lose Vucevic this off-season, they are in all kinds of trouble.
  23. GrizzTigerFan

2019 NBA DRAFT

Oh yea that's a good one. I am sure teams overvalue size and age over outright skill. BPA is such a subjective thing. Its why Grizz FO can argue that they had Jaren as the BPA over Deyonta, Luka and Marvin and be telling the truth.
  24. GrizzTigerFan

2019 NBA DRAFT

Those comps are scary and funny at the same time. alpha Andrew Wiggins Skinny John Wall Tranquilized Pascal Siakam Kristaps Porzingis in 480p Thrift shop Nikola Jokic
  25. Dwash

2019 NBA DRAFT

Another BPA pick over need that I just remembered. Atlanta picked Marvin Williams because they felt he was the BPA. They had Al Harrington and Josh Smith. They needed a pg bad but passed on CP3 and Deron Williams cause they felt Marvin Williams was the BPA.
  26. Rdk4121

2019 NBA DRAFT

The Ringer article had Coby White all the way down at 15th, also had Grant Williams at 12th. Not saying they are wrong or anything, but that's certainly not what most mock drafts have. Coby has been firmly in the top 10, if not top 5 for the last month. Grant has been all over the place, but never that high.
  1. Load more activity