All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. bhoyal

fo draft grade

I would have been ok with Wendell Carter as a short term help but in the long term, JJJ might be the better answer.
  3. Yeah, Rudy Gay is a 4. He almost seemed that way here, too. But, if we go with Rudy and Parsons then each guy will basically be a combo forward, and I think that could work. With Rudy taking the tougher defensive assignment. If I had to rank those free agents I would go with: Tyreke or Barton at a discount. Then I would go with Rudy Gay plus a couple of extra wings we can sign on the cheap after the free agent market crashes. Don't care for KCP. Hezonjia? Not sure. I would only want these guys once the free agent market crashes. If Tyreke and Barton are not available, then I would go with with a bargain bin player who could fit in with Conley, Dillon, JJJ, and Gasol. I think we get more out of Parsons this season, but he is basically a stretch 4 off the bench. I expect Harrison/Selden/Kobi/Jevon Carter to chip in. I might bootstrap the rest of the roster with DJ Stephens (who I heard we are bringing in for summer league) and Rob Gray (potential Marshon Brooks replacement down the road) plus a veteran filler at small forward, then if we are in the playoff hunt at the trade deadline THEN make a move (trade Jam Green with a 2nd round pick?).
  4. 8th for JJJ. Cool. Bagley was 1 once he reclassified. Was Michael "THE NUMBER ONE GUY IN HS!!!!" Porter ever ranked #1 for more than a few minutes? Even then it was only in terms of HS rankings and NOT 2018 mock draft rankings. I think Trae (23) and Shai (31) were properly rated by these guys. Probably should have gone in this spots in the draft. Kris Wilkes (21) is a 6'8 small forward and son of former NBA great Jamaal "Silk" Wilkes who could be the guy we need next season (if he really falls in the draft) although he can't hit free throws.
  5. Because we have JJJ and Rabb now. He would be a great backup PF, but we still don't have anyone that can play SF that has any size. Dillon is only 6'6" with a short wingspan, Chandler is always hurt plus might not athletic enough to play it anymore. Everyone else on the roster is shorter thatn 6'6" on the wing.
  6. BHZMAFIA

The 2018 Free Agents

He took that deal because no one gave him more years too. With the MLE being $8-9M per year and the market being dry, it’ll be hard for him to get more than that on multiple years. I don’t see him taking another large 1 year deal either.
  7. ALT GRIND

How does everyone feel about GnG 2.0?

Not sure about Bags. Not that long, he's skinny, and he can't defend that well. Doncic has a GREAT set-up in Dallas. He can learn from Dirk. They have Dennis Smith, Jr. who can score, Harrison Barnes has always been a nice piece to a puzzle, and then their other two rooks Kostas Freaktempo (number 2 on my last Big Board) and The Reign Man Raymond "Spider" Spalding (11th on my last Big Board) look like a couple of Showtime type pieces for Luka to run and gun with. If Doncic Does Dallas can't get it done with the Mavericks then he's in big trouble.
  8. I really want a player that has performed at a starting level role before. We don’t have many of those guys on our roster as is. hezonja would be fine if we had a more proven roster. But, I really want a proven player and I’m sure there will be some up for grabs. Hezonja made some strides last year, but not confident in him being a high level contributor on a potential playoff team. No more Mclemore type signings. Make Hezonja a last resort after Bradley, Hood, KCP, Barton, Tyreke don’t work out.
  9. ALT GRIND

Why do you HATE the Atlanta Hawks? lol Trae looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Optimistic about Kevin Huerter though. I can see Omari Spellman going either way.
  10. guillermo

I like 3s but not every shot.
  11. Once_a_hater

I like the identity thing, I just want that we pick more than defenders, we get competitors, guys that has GnG even as scorers. Just to make the example, Doncic and Bagley has GnG writen all over them.
  12. Ole Dirty Klondike

Is this JB Bickerstaff?
  13. Today
  14. https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=highschool
  15. guillermo

i like having an actual identity and not being just another generic copycat team everyone now is basically trying to be Golden State Light
  16. guillermo

fo draft grade

if he picks up on schemes, stays out of foul trouble he may end up our most valuable defensive player by years end- a unicorn on defense- protect rim and guard pick and roll/switch defensive versatility plus hopefully a three ball- that's a good start
  17. ALT GRIND

The Pistons won a couple of titles with the Bad Boys brand. Then they came back over a decade later and won a championship with a brand of ball predicated on defense, rebounding, and correctly using Tayshaun Prince. This current (hoped for) rendition of Grit/Grind aka ALT GRIND has a more late 80's Bad Boys feel. But, same concept. Small market teams have to do that. Even the Spurs were built around defense, rebounding, and timely scoring once Tim Duncan fell into their laps. Small market teams or even flyover market teams can't build a basketball brand around Flash and Free Agents. The early returns of my 2019 Mock Lotto Big Board doesn't look very promising. Sagaba Konate intrigues me but I think next year is a draft where athletic/defensive bigs go 15 spots too high. Zion Williamson could be the prize. At least he will sell stuff. I am keeping my eye on Kris Wilkes. Can shoot ok, solid basketball genes, but he can't hit a free throw. Maybe he falls. Other than that, the Lawson Brothers might be as good as anybody. If we have a 2nd rounder (or two) I think we can outperform some teams picking in the lottery. ... I am on the look out for any potential Michael Cooper types.
  18. Ole Dirty Klondike

The 2018 Free Agents

Well, he's coming off a 1 year $17 mil contract, I doubt if we could get him for the MLE. If we can, go for it, but I doubt it.
  19. Ole Dirty Klondike

The 2018 Free Agents

Top 50 2018 Free Agents
  20. Crizzle

fo draft grade

I can't believe so many people are stuck on him not contributing for 2 more years. We want to compete next year, but I don't see the big difference whether the pick we give Boston is good or not. We are giving up the pick eventually, might as well get it over with and start the rebuild asap. And if we give up the pick next year, we will want to be tanking for another pick the year afterwards. So why is it bad thing if it takes JJJ until year 3?
  21. ALT GRIND

Best of the Rest... Undrafted Players

Billy Preston is a talented player. Basically looks like a combo forward. He's worth bringing in at least. He could be PERFECT for us, if we get him on the summer league team and he pans out. I would still look into Rob Gray. Summer league was BUILT for a guy like Rob Gray. I wish there were some low maintenance 6'7-6'8 solidly athletic shooters/scorers out there but this didn't look like the draft for that. It was a better draft for high level role players, bigs with "upside", and overrated, high maintenance chuckers.
  22. Ole Dirty Klondike

I mean, it is what it is. I think the original GnG was more of an organic thing back then. Calling it before it happens is kind of forcing it just like the GrindSon.
  23. Ole Dirty Klondike

fo draft grade

Incomplete. I don't see how anyone could grade these picks right now.
  24. Once_a_hater

fo draft grade

I dont get why you guys went high on him so fast, he is a project, he might have a unique unicorn potential, but he could be nearly a role player, at #4 you can describe that as a bust or a stela in it case, he is no Thabeet for sure. I already made it clear, you cant count on him next year and maybe the year after that, but I see his transition for the Center in the future if he realizes his potential as a major piece going foward.
  25. memphis slim

to be blunt, I couldn't care less about what marketing term we want to throw on this thing. g&g is fine. we all know tony and zbo was g&g. just get us great players and let's win. slim.
  26. Personally I’m excited. Having only lived in Memphis a short time the grit and grind is something even I associate with the city. I am happy that we have a direction that is shared FO, Coach, players get a scorer in FA and I think we can be that annoying team people hate to play
  1. Load more activity