Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zack

Draft Day Open Thread

Hate to butt in, but you spelled Paul LAURENCE Dunbar's name incorrectly.

You were able to surmise this, and yet also managed to figure out a way to hyphenate the word awesome with the letter O. Yeah, you're an authority, my friend.

You were able to surmise this, and yet also managed to figure out a way to hyphenate the word awesome with the letter O. Yeah, you're an authority, my friend.

Please chill out with the arguing, this has nothing to do with the draft...if u wanna cyber fight, create another thread.

I'm very excited, we did decent..its only June! We still got about 3 more months to improve our roster..

Dude, who even are you again? If you left the board, nobody would even notice you were gone. You barely register a blip on the board. Besides that, you don't even know the correct spelling of the guy you are trying to compare me to and you need to go back to school and learn when to use a preposition.

I misspelled some old username and didn't use a preposition right does not take away from the fact that you are a wannabe.I don't register a blip because I have a job and people who care about me and I care about.(it's called a life)

Gotta add an impact veteran on the frontline. With Henry/Brewer we can now sustain an injury to Gay or Mayo but an injury to ZBo or Gasol put us in line for a top 5 pick.

Right now I would go after Channing Frye.

That not happening is a part of my expectation.

That not happening is a part of my expectation.

I don't see us adding any help past the draft .DA and Thabeet will have to step up if the Grizzlies are going to make a push for the playoffs next year.( CBA lockout avoided )

Yeah I have little reason to believe they touch the MLE.

This upcoming season won't be interrupted by a lockout, 11/12 might. So you'll get to see all of Thabeet's awesomeness for a full season.

Gotta add an impact veteran on the frontline. With Henry/Brewer we can now sustain an injury to Gay or Mayo but an injury to ZBo or Gasol put us in line for a top 5 pick.

Right now I would go after Channing Frye.

i'm very annoyed we sold that 25 pick when hassan whiteside slipped and was available, if not him jordan crawford was there as well.....i'm very frustrated we sold it for nothing, i'm very glad we got henry though

Yeah I have little reason to believe they touch the MLE.

This upcoming season won't be interrupted by a lockout, 11/12 might. So you'll get to see all of Thabeet's awesomeness for a full season.

My bad but you did not have to make me throw up in my mouth or was that the Presence asking for a long term deal.Hey BG we can still get Big Al for ZBO straight up because the deal is not dead at least on the T pups end

Getting the 16th pick would've been worthless because in the article it mentioned that the Grizz wanted Damion James.

However, the night wasn’t a total success for the Griz. They failed to pick up Texas forward Damion James, who was their second-most coveted player. Memphis had James ranked 14th and tried to move up in the draft to get him using their selections at 25 and 28.

But Minnesota , a team willing to take those two picks for its 16th selection earlier in the week, was no longer interested Thursday night. The Griz then attempted to trade for Boston’s pick at 19 and Minnesota’s 23rd selection to no avail.

James went 24th to Atlanta and was traded to New Jersey .

With James off the board, a dejected Grizzlies front office sold the 25th pick knowing they could get Vasquez at 28.

So, now I'm glad we didn't do it. I think Vasquez will be better than James anyway. I definitely wanted us to stay away from James.

i'm very annoyed we sold that 25 pick when hassan whiteside slipped and was available, if not him jordan crawford was there as well.....i'm very frustrated we sold it for nothing, i'm very glad we got henry though

at least somebody else see's it from my view....

What's up with the HUGE Grizzlies caps on the picks? How big do those hats have to actually be to make 6'6" guys look like little kids wearing adult hats?? LMBO!

Henry was my top guy so I'm glad we got him. Bledsoe was a guy I would've loved and we could've got him if we moved the 25/28 for a higher pick but hey that's the past now.

Bill Simmons is an idiot....

"7:05: Memphis is picking 28th with the final piece it received from the Lakers in the infamous Pau Gasol trade. The pick? A very excited Greivis Vasquez, who pops out of the stands for a hug/handshake with Stern. Fun moment. So if you're scoring at home, Memphis ended up with Marc Gasol, Darrell Arthur and Vasquez for the second-best center in basketball and someone who helped the Lakers to three straight Finals and two titles. There hasn't been a deal that unfair since Paulie became a partner in Sonny's restaurant in "Goodfellas," stole all of Sonny's liquor, bankrupted it, then had Henry and Tommy set it on fire for the insurance money. Actually, even that wasn't as bad as the Gasol deal. I hate everything.

7:11: The Vasquez interview cheered me up. Unlike just about everyone we've seen, he was delighted/giddy/candid and basically reminded us that, yeah, it's a big freaking deal to get drafted in the first round of the NBA draft. Highlight of a fairly tedious night."

Can the Grizzlies ever get a break?

At least GV is on the front cover of ESPN right now... HAHA!

You know the draft was bad/boring when Vasquez is on the main page.

lol Van Gundy said the Bulls had the best draft day because they sold all of their picks.... wow

I think Sacramento helped their team the most. If thier young bigs workout they will be the new monster of the West alongside the Thunder in the next 2 years.... Thompson, Hawes, Cousins, Whiteside. If they can get another guard to run with Tyreke they will be scary good.

lol Van Gundy said the Bulls had the best draft day because they sold all of their picks.... wow

I think Sacramento helped their team the most. If thier young bigs workout they will be the new monster of the West alongside the Thunder in the next 2 years.... Thompson, Hawes, Cousins, Whiteside. If they can get another guard to run with Tyreke they will be scary good.

they dont have hawes, traded to philly.

hey guys.......

BIG thanks to everybody making yesterday fun....

60 pages.....great job!!!!

My final analysis of our draft...Henry good pick but I want George...I have a feeling he will become a star...we loose again...our FO don't make the big things...don't make the best...and you got love Vasquez...I'm a fan!!!

hey guys.......

BIG thanks to everybody making yesterday fun....

60 pages.....great job!!!!

Yeah, that was a lot of fun. And few people were picking out a spot on the new bridge on top of that.