Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trent3322

David Lee expected to sign with either Grizzlies or Thunder

David Lee is legit. Memphis would love him. Lets go get him.

So just for reference sake...we traded Pau for Arthur/Gasol 2.0/David Lee and one more guy next year? I can live with that.

Let's see

David Lee- 16.0 ppg 11.7 rpg 6'9 240. 26 years old. Paul Millsap- 11.8ppg 8.0 rpg 6'7 250. 24 years old.

I'm taking David Lee everytime.

This is not a fair comparison of stats. What were Millsap's stats as a starter? I do remember him putting up far better numbers than Lee when he was starting in place of Boozer. Millsaps stats are lower because he came off the bench for a good part of the season.

This is not a fair comparison of stats. What were Millsap's stats as a starter? I do remember him putting up far better numbers than Lee when he was starting in place of Boozer. Millsaps stats are lower because he came off the bench for a good part of the season.

Milsap is a banger and has a lot of heart, but not a lot of upside. David Lee is an athlete with great size, hops, and still a good amount of upside. Dont let Jerry Sloan's great system fool you. Milsap will not put up great numbers outside of an organized system. We need players that are all threats to score that can open the floor for Mike's passes, and OJ and Rudy's scoring along with getting our bigs easy high-percentage buckets.

YO

He did, but Utah didn't think he is a starter. I believe Mike Miller's stats were better when he started, but would you start him over O.J. Mayo? Some players are better suited to come off the bench and I think Millsap is one of them.

Milsap is a banger and has a lot of heart, but not a lot of upside. David Lee is an athlete with great size, hops, and still a good amount of upside. Dont let Jerry Sloan's great system fool you. Milsap will not put up great numbers outside of an organized system. We need players that are all threats to score that can open the floor for Mike's passes, and OJ and Rudy's scoring along with getting our bigs easy high-percentage buckets.

YO

+1

We play completely different from Utah. I don't know about their respective athleticism, but Lee (I think) has the ability to play better in an uptempo style.

It doesnt matter if you start or not. Its about minutes and Lee averaged that total in only about 5 more minutes than Millsap.

He averaged 16 and 10 as a starter. But, looking at stats won't do a thing for you when comparing these players.

He did, but Utah didn't think he is a starter. I believe Mike Miller's stats were better when he started, but would you start him over O.J. Mayo? Some players are better suited to come off the bench and I think Millsap is one of them.

I dont think its a case of where Utah didnt believe he was starter material. They just had a better player playing in front of him. Thats not the same situation as Miller and OJ. That would be more like Al Jefferson after he was drafted playing behind Antoine Walker. Or Jermaine Oneal playing behind Rasheed Wallace. Millsap was a back up only cause there is an all-star starting. Lee is not an all-star. Millsap is the more productive of the two when given the same minutes.

+1

We play completely different from Utah. I don't know about their respective athleticism, but Lee (I think) has the ability to play better in an uptempo style.

I can buy the better for our style of play argument more so than better player argument-because Lee is the better athlete. However, I dont think either guy gives us what we need, which is someone to score in the paint.

I dont think its a case of where Utah didnt believe he was starter material. They just had a better player playing in front of him. Thats not the same situation as Miller and OJ. That would be more like Al Jefferson after he was drafted playing behind Antoine Walker. Or Jermaine Oneal playing behind Rasheed Wallace. Millsap was a back up only cause there is an all-star starting. Lee is not an all-star. Millsap is the more productive of the two when given the same minutes.

That's a very good point. But David Lee is already a starter. IMO, I think he will be a better fit with the Grizzlies, that's no stab at Millsap, I just think Lee will be a better fit with us.

David Lee is legit. Memphis would love him. Lets go get him.

So just for reference sake...we traded Pau for Arthur/Gasol 2.0/David Lee and one more guy next year? I can live with that.

thanks for tracking and reminding! This is the most misreported trade maybe in all of professional sports. The Griz got no players is what the national talking heads would have you believe...

I just hope this isn't David Lee.

Quick Fix

OMG Prag my nine-month-old is trying to sleep and is sick! You can't be makin' me laugh like that site does!!

On topic, I don't really view Lee as a "quick fix"-he would surely be an upgrade...maybe only a 3-year fix, but a decent fix nonetheless.

OMG Prag my nine-month-old is trying to sleep and is sick! You can't be makin' me laugh like that site does!!

On topic, I don't really view Lee as a "quick fix"-he would surely be an upgrade...maybe only a 3-year fix, but a decent fix nonetheless.

;) I love that site.

I like Lee. My biggest fear is going through the pain of rebuilding only to be middle of the pack again. But I will have no prob with signing lee or CV. Just some uneasy reservations.

;) I love that site.

I like Lee. My biggest fear is going through the pain of rebuilding only to be middle of the pack again. But I will have no prob with signing lee or CV. Just some uneasy reservations.

Lee is an old school kind of player.

Every championship team needs a David Lee on it.

Well New York will have a week to match any offer sheet he signs, so if we do sign him, we fans will still all have to play the waiting game, as horrible as that sounds.

I think NY has made it clear they aren't matching any 10+ contracts, nothing that affects the Lebron/Bosh goldmine in '10. If OKC really is showing high interest in Millsap and we have the history with Lee's agent that we do I think we might all wake up tomorrow with a better team.

How about we send next years laker pick, Arthur, Buckner to Phoenix for Barbosa and a 2nd rd pick?

Pau for Marc, Lee, Barbosa

We should sign Nate Robinson with Lee.

because Nate would compete.