Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Commadoor Sixty-four

So who do we draft in 2010?

Yeah that's a good one, I forgot about him, he's really good and I could see him being a Roy type guy.

Yeah Turner is the perfect package for a young team. He has the abilty to be the next Roy and Granger. Him and Monroe play for bad coaches if you ask me. Monroe and Turner could really elevate Conley, Gasol, Rudy, and OJ's game. We need playmakers on this team in the worst way.

Yeah Turner is the perfect package for a young team. He has the abilty to be the next Roy and Granger. Him and Monroe play for bad coaches if you ask me. Monroe and Turner could really elevate Conley, Gasol, Rudy, and OJ's game. We need playmakers on this team in the worst way.

With the picks we have, a Turner/Monroe draft is possible. I'd definitely be ok with that

I figured that this thread was bound to pop up soon.

LOL. You might want to look at the start date on this thread.

From what Parrish has said about Cousins, I'd rather pass on him.

to me the real question is what do we NEED?

after this past draft I feel we are set at Center, and Small Forward.

C=Gasol, Thabeet and Hadaddi

SF=Gay, Carroll, Young

I think Young has the speed and size to play backup SG really well, who knows if he will have the ability to play starting SG. so the only thing I see us really needing is to set up for a future starting PF (i doubt we keep ZBo around after his contract). Im on board for having Mayo take over PG in the next season or 2 so we are needing a starting SG and backup PG also.

to me the real question is what do we NEED?

after this past draft I feel we are set at Center, and Small Forward.

C=Gasol, Thabeet and Hadaddi

SF=Gay, Carroll, Young

I think Young has the speed and size to play backup SG really well, who knows if he will have the ability to play starting SG. so the only thing I see us really needing is to set up for a future starting PF (i doubt we keep ZBo around after his contract). Im on board for having Mayo take over PG in the next season or 2 so we are needing a starting SG and backup PG also.

I don't want that turnover machine as our pg. Mayo is a combo guard not pooint. I think if we get Monroe and Turner then we're good. I wish we could've got Courtney Lee and James Johnson. We need playmakers and a good outside shooter.

Right now NBADraft.net have us taking Damion James(Texas), Devin Ebanks, and James Anderson. Three outside shooters.

My dream draft scenario-

1) The Grizzlies somehow land the #1 overall pick in the lottery.

2) This year, they decide not to be stupid and make the logical choice- John Wall.

3) With Wall on the roster, Conley subsequently becomes expendable. Conley makes for a very valuable trade asset in which they can use in a package that includes the other two picks we have and Zach Randolph's massive expiring to move up and get their PF.

4) This could be the result:

John Wall/?

OJ Mayo/Sam Young

Rudy Gay/DeMarre Carroll

Derrick Favors/Darrell Arthur

Marc Gasol/Hasheem Thabeet/Hamed Haddadi

Another guard (preferably one that could come off the bench and light it up) would need to be acquired, perhaps via the trade they make to get the PF, perhaps through free agency, or perhaps if they are able keep one of the late first round picks they can get the guard there. The point is that they would need another guard. Otherwise, that's quite a scary, potent lineup.

I know everyone expects Zach to be gone at least by the end of his contract, but if things work out, and we can get him for a reasonable contract, why not re-sign him? It seems funny asking this question because I was strongly against trading for him, but as long as he's already here...

As for draft - BPA!

just think if we got the number one pick draft Wall trade the 2 late picks for Monroe and trade conley and arthur for Turner

Wall/Mayo

Mayo/Turner/Young

Gay/Young/Carroll

Monroe/Randolph/Carroll

Thabeet/Gasol/Haddadi

this team would have the best backourt in the NBA for YEARS!!

I don't want that turnover machine as our pg. Mayo is a combo guard not pooint. I think if we get Monroe and Turner then we're good. I wish we could've got Courtney Lee and James Johnson. We need playmakers and a good outside shooter.

Right now NBADraft.net have us taking Damion James(Texas), Devin Ebanks, and James Anderson. Three outside shooters.

We really need guards (Only have Mayo and Conley) and really need at least one guard with size with an added preference of being a good 3pt shooter.

So my expectations of the 2010 draft is simple: PF of the future and a big guard. The great thing about this draft is that it contains plenty of candidates for both.

We really need guards (Only have Mayo and Conley) and really need at least one guard with size with an added preference of being a good 3pt shooter.

So my expectations of the 2010 draft is simple: PF of the future and a big guard. The great thing about this draft is that it contains plenty of candidates for both.

Perhaps a guard with the size of say Tyreke Evans? Too bad we couldnt get a combo guard like that, he would have fit in perfectly to a 3 guard rotation. If only we had a pick that could have landed a player like that.

Perhaps a guard with the size of say Tyreke Evans? Too bad we couldnt get a combo guard like that, he would have fit in perfectly to a 3 guard rotation. If only we had a pick that could have landed a player like that.

Even though last year there were about 5 electric point guards better suited than Conley to run this team (Johnny Flynn, Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry and Ricky Rubio) the grizzlies still made the right move by what they did.

They instantly upgraded their defense at 3 positions of need.

Believe me, this year when I see these guards playing lights out I'm gonna wish we had one of them too. But the fact of the matter is, the grizzlies weren't going anywhere without a defense, so at the end of the day, I still like our trio of defense.

WTF ARE WE TALKING ABOUT A DRAFT NEXT YEAR AND WE HAVENT EVEN PLAYED A REGULAR SEASON GAME THIS YEAR WHAT AN IDIOT THAT STARTED THIS POSTED

quote name='Commadoor Sixty-four' date='Jun 25 2009, 01:55 AM' post='220140']

Since Thabortion will likely be bumbling up and down the court, I guess it's time to go ahead and write-off another 82 and get down to the real question...

Wall, Favors, or Cousins? :lol:

with college basketball starting to practice.....I'm getting quite excited about what is going to be the Year of John Wall.......

some lucky, bottom feeder nba team is going to be set next May when their name is the last one called.....

well my fear for Wall is becoming nothing more than Derozan. We will know come this season in KY.

I think we need to push in this draft for a PG or a SG. I like the idea of resigning Randolph for a decent contract, he will still be able to put up points at that point so that takes care of a PF threat. I still want to make OJ the point of the future for us. He could have that presence that Billups has with size and strength.

I think now is the point where we need to stop fully building from the draft and utilize draft picks to net us already established players. because with constantly adding youth all the time, this team is going nowhere. We need to take a shot at doing something like boston(just not as grand since we will have power already on our team in multiple positions with Mayo and Gay) in the next season or so. Draft picks+conley+Haddadi for a solid player. We could go for broke and try that trade for Tmac (if he finally shows up healthy) or something of that idea process.

well my fear for Wall is becoming nothing more than Derozan. We will know come this season in KY.

I think we need to push in this draft for a PG or a SG. I like the idea of resigning Randolph for a decent contract, he will still be able to put up points at that point so that takes care of a PF threat. I still want to make OJ the point of the future for us. He could have that presence that Billups has with size and strength.

I think now is the point where we need to stop fully building from the draft and utilize draft picks to net us already established players. because with constantly adding youth all the time, this team is going nowhere. We need to take a shot at doing something like boston(just not as grand since we will have power already on our team in multiple positions with Mayo and Gay) in the next season or so. Draft picks+conley+Haddadi for a solid player. We could go for broke and try that trade for Tmac (if he finally shows up healthy) or something of that idea process.

Whats wrong with Derozan? Id rather have him than Thabeet right now

Judging from what I've seen and heard in the pre-season I hope the Grizzlies get a serious PF for the future and some perimeter shooters. Like MemphisX said this draft seems to be deep in both types of players.

I want the Grizzlies to take the best player available this time.

Agreed

Patrick Patterson is just a beast, which is why we rank him as the #1 NCAA PF.

1. Patrick Patterson 6-9 240, Junior, Kentucky, 18.0pts, 9.5reb, 2.0ast, 0.6spg, 2.1blk, 1.9T.O.

Patterson is a warrior and an absolute beast in the paint. He loves contact and likes the beat and bang inside. He’s a very efficient player at 18pts, 9.5reb, and 2blocks. He understands the post and how to get in position and stay in deep. The UK junior is extremely tough; he overpowers and out wills opponents. His timing is just about the best of any player in the NCAA, it’s an asset that is very critical for his success. Patterson’s great timing helps him with put backs, rebounds, 2nd chance opportunities, and shot blocking. He’s explosive and very aggressive off the ground when attacking the rim. He’s showed the ability to knock down the jumper up to about 16 feet, and can beat most defenders off the dribble. He is a decent passer who has above average court vision. He has a great heart, determination, and athletic ability. He does need to become more versatile offensively to make an impact at the next level. His perimeter shot has been a work in progress since he came to Lexington. Patterson also can be overly aggressive at times, which can cause him to commit cheap fouls and frustrate him.

Patterson would be the perfect poer forward for us.

all I see is Gerald Green.

except for Derozan can play defense and probably can spell it to.