Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BealeSt.BlueBleeder

Stoudemire officially available!!!

You do understand that before trading for Shaq, Phoenix had the best record in the NBA. I mean if you want to base you player evaluations on the thoughts and whims of Steve Kerr then go right ahead.

They had the best record the 3 previous years and still failed each time.

Do you honestly think that Phoenix had a shot against San Antonio, LA or Boston last year?

Be Honest....because I can honestly say that Phoenix was and never was going to play the type of defense it takes to win a championship and it started with Nash and Stoudemire.

Javaris Crittenden, Aaron Mckie, Kwame Brown, Marc Gasol and two late round draft picks....

Darrel Arthur, Hakim Warrick, Greg Buckner, Haddi 09 draft pick, '10 lakers pick

I dont think they felt like they couldnt win a title with Amar'e as the go to guy. I think they felt like they couldnt win the title playing small ball-Amar'e at center and Marion at PF. Plus they wanted to get rid of Marion because they felt like his attitude was tearing the team apart. They got Shaq not because of any shortcomings of Amar'e but because they thought having Shaq team with Amar'e would be a better combo than Marion and Amar'e.

And I am not sure I would call Shaq their number 1 option when he takes 11 shot attempts per game and Amar'e takes 14.

As an aside, I think if Amar'e came here we'd prob get him more in the range of 16-18 shots per game because he would be our number one interior option.

My point is that if he couldn't win it with Marion, Nash and Barbosa....how was he going to win it with OJ and Conley?

My point is that if he couldn't win it with Marion, Nash and Barbosa....how was he going to win it with OJ and Conley?

something..called a coach, scheme, and desire to play with ur maximum potential...and the suns could not defend a wall...b/c dantoni doesnt do defense..

YO

"Winning it" is a roll of the dice. I would take a run for the next 5 years like Phoenix has had for the last 5 years anytime. They were an elite team that played entertaining basketball and made the 2nd round of the playoffs every time and the conference finals multiple times and were a serious title contender several times.

Phoenix not "winning it" is roughly the equivalent of the Grizz not winning the lottery despite having the worst record. Sometimes despite being in position -- you have to catch a break. Phoenix never really caught that break in the playoffs. That's about it. A couple of bounces or breaks here or there and the Suns might have 2 rings.

Randomness has an impact on the end result, but there is no doubt Phoenix was in position (as was Dallas who went and prematurely imploded themselves too).

Nonsense!!! We are trading for the player that guarantess us a title. I mean hooba* should know that we can't give up Gay because he is a defensive ace that has more playoff success than Amare.

something..called a coach, scheme, and desire to play with ur maximum potential...and the suns could not defend a wall...b/c dantoni Stoudemire doesnt do defense..

YO

fixed it

Hmmm... Approximately 8 days and 8 hours before the Amare pipedream fades away to oblivion... <_< Meanwhile Wallace is on the case scouting for the upcoming draft... :P

Time for a fun statistic:

In 50 games this season, the Pheonix Suns' opposing starting power fowards have scored 882 points this season.

17.64 per game

In 49 games this season, the Memphis Grizzlies opposing starting small foward (or shorter power foward or taller 2 guard if there is no small foward) scored 606 points this season.

12.37 per game

In 50 games this season, the Pheonix Suns' opposing starting power fowards have scored 882 points this season.

17.64 per game

In 49 games this season, the Memphis Grizzlies opposing starting small foward (or shorter power foward or taller 2 guard if there is no small foward) scored 606 points this season.

12.37 per game

The real statistic to know would be how much above their season average did they score. Because I am almost willing to bet the average PF scores more than the average SF.

The real statistic to know would be how much above their season average did they score. Because I am almost willing to bet the average PF scores more than the average SF.

Half those games amare played center while shaq sat...and I would have been fine with zach randolph or al jefferson...scoring 17..think about it..

:lol:

YO

Half those games amare played center while shaq sat...and I would have been fine with zach randolph or al jefferson...scoring 17..think about it..

:lol:

YO

yeah, but a bunch of those games, he was facing Brian Skinner (who started twice for LAC against the Suns), Drew Gooden, Tyrus Thomas, Udonis Haslem, Darrell Arthur, etc... and Al Jefferson plays center and Zac Randolph has never started against Amare this year.

Remember, it's supposed to be a lot easier to find a superstar small foward than a superstar big man...so says those that want to trade for Amare.

If that is the case...then we would be foolish to trade a high scoring small foward for a high scoring power forward because there are more high scoring power forwards for us to go get.

one reason the suns made the trade was to get bigger so they could compete with the spurs in the playoffs. before the trade they had amare playing center and marion playing the pf. they traded for shaq so they could move amare to his natural position of pf.

17.64 per game

12.37 per game

Interesting info Grizzle4Rizzle... I read earlier the M. Speights (a dreaded rookie bigman!!) managed 24pts in 24minutes against Phoenix as Philly led from the opening tip... Amare cant play no defense... :lol:

also like i have been saying since the first day this post started. i do not think they are trading amare to get another "star", they are trading him to slash payroll. I think they seem desperate, if media reports are correct. I have said all along that i think an offer of Lowry, Hak, Arthur and the '09 unprotected pick is a great offer. if they go another way, then they go another way. no harm. we pray that we land the top pick and get blake griffin.

Interesting info Grizzle4Rizzle... I read earlier the M. Speights (a dreaded rookie bigman!!) managed 24pts in 24minutes against Phoenix as Philly led from the opening tip... Amare cant play no defense... :lol:

Amare hates his coach..so his is giving minimum effort to force a trade....Did his idea work?? Amare was considered one of the best players in the league under d'antoni...He can defend if he wants....Hak is a bad defender..not Amare...but no matter what we want..the management is going to do whatever they please..

YO

we seem to have pretty unrealistic expectations for a team that has never won a playoff game. To me having the best record in the west and losing in the conference finals sounds pretty **** good to me. If you dont want to do a deal with phoenix because they didnt win a title then you must be pretty depressed watching these grizz.

we seem to have pretty unrealistic expectations for a team that has never won a playoff game. To me having the best record in the west and losing in the conference finals sounds pretty **** good to me. If you dont want to do a deal with phoenix because they didnt win a title then you must be pretty depressed watching these grizz.

I think unrealistic is thinking you can piecemeal a team together... You need a foundation in order for a team to be competive... This teams foundation is Rudy, Mayo, Conley and Gasol... And even with that foundation key elements are needed: better shooting and scoring as well as better interior defense and rebounding... A trade would cost us at least a key player and draft picks.. Amare wont make us a better team losing that many assets.. Im on the 3YP plan bandwagon: draft smart, keep a keen eye on free agency and make trades that make sense... :)