Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MemphisX

Who should we draft? 2009 version

You can't be serious

yes i'm completely serious, yes darko was inconsistent but the way the media makes him out like he is completely terrible and gasol the opposote when in reality i don't believe there is a great gap between them..i do think marc deserved to start but darko is better than the media potray him

yes i'm completely serious, yes darko was inconsistent but the way the media makes him out like he is completely terrible and gasol the opposote when in reality i don't believe there is a great gap between them..i do think marc deserved to start but darko is better than the media potray him

And I repeat...You can't be serious.

And I repeat...You can't be serious.

what (outside of the stats - which indicate they are similar) suggests to you that marc is vastly superior? don't get me wrong i really like marc

that stuff about darko is bs

per 36 mins

darko: 11.6 ppg, 9.2 rpg, 1.8 bpg, 1.2 apg, 0.8 spg

marc: 13.9 ppg, 8.6 rpg, 1.3 bpg, 2.0 apg, 0.9 spg

there is very little difference between them only that marc had an opportunity to play a lot more

Per 36, per 48, per whatever stats are nice for statistical arguements but that doesn't reflect who they played againstand how consistent the contributions were. With Darko the issue has never been talent but consistency and understanding his role on the team. Darko's perception of his game is different from numerous coaching staffs. You just have to read Darko's comments about wanting to play in Europe to understand he doesn't want to do what the coaches need him to do.

Perhaps his failure to apply himself to what the coaches want him to do is the reason he isn't getting many opportunities on the court.

Per 36, per 48, per whatever stats are nice for statistical arguements but that doesn't reflect who they played againstand how consistent the contributions were. With Darko the issue has never been talent but consistency and understanding his role on the team. Darko's perception of his game is different from numerous coaching staffs. You just have to read Darko's comments about wanting to play in Europe to understand he doesn't want to do what the coaches need him to do.

Perhaps his failure to apply himself to what the coaches want him to do is the reason he isn't getting many opportunities on the court.

agreed, don't get me wrong i'm not saying gasol sucks or darko is god, i'm just sying that i ddon't think that the way the media portray him and peoples perspectives on him are always or completely warrented. i will say that he has regressed amazingly and is a shell of the player he was at 20/21

what (outside of the stats - which indicate they are similar) suggests to you that marc is vastly superior? don't get me wrong i really like marc

Oh, I actually watched them play and there was a significant difference in level of performance.

i will say that he has regressed amazingly and is a shell of the player he was at 20/21

Would that be when he was rotting on the bench in Detroit or when he was coming off the bench in Orlando?

I don't consider myself an avid Darko fan but I don't remember seeing much from Darko except in the playoff series against his former team from Detroit that really impressed me about his game.

Orlando chose to sign Rashard Lewis and release Darko after all.

I just stopped by to say that Johnny Flynn looks like the second coming of Tim Hardaway and that's no joke.

Man I love Flynn!!! I think he is going to be the surprise of the draft

Latest draft news

-Jordan Hill potentially slipping into the bottom of the top-10 or even possibly slightly beyond. The talk is that the Washington Wizards’ 5th pick could very well end up being claimed by Stephen Curry (whether for them or another team trading up), and that since Minnesota, Golden State, New York and maybe even Toronto appear to be looking at other positional needs, Hill could be on the short end of the stick come draft night.

Australian Patrick Mills was absolutely the star of the evening’s all-star game, posting an impressive 30 point performance on 8/18 shooting from the field and 12/13 from the line. Mills handled the ball on a string all game long, showing terrific quickness keeping his man off balance, and making an absolute living in the mid-range area with his deadly pull-up jumper.

Man I love Flynn!!! I think he is going to be the surprise of the draft

He won't be a surprise. People already expect Flynn to be really good.

If I had to guess about a surprise star of the draft I am going to go with James Johnson (mainly because many haven't seen him play).

I think he could be a borderline All-Star in a few years.

I'd trade down to get him if I were the Grizzlies.

Latest draft news

-Jordan Hill potentially slipping into the bottom of the top-10 or even possibly slightly beyond. The talk is that the Washington Wizards’ 5th pick could very well end up being claimed by Stephen Curry (whether for them or another team trading up), and that since Minnesota, Golden State, New York and maybe even Toronto appear to be looking at other positional needs, Hill could be on the short end of the stick come draft night.

So I guess not every GM has a "talent grab" mentality.

We should draft Thabeet, Carroll and Young.

we should draft a new coach

Hey Zach. Check your sig for grammatical errors.

gotcha.......it seems at least one fan is also an idiot....

BTW, I did so bad on the English part of the GRE, a prof from Duke asked me if I was foreign.... :P[

I have a feeling Jennings is going to be a cross between Tony Parker and Chris Paul. ****. I just don't see the grizzlies taking the guy. Sigh. I wish we had jennings for three years instead of conley. :(

here is what i said.

Jennings will struggle his first couple of years just like Conley did. He has a long way to go. He still has to learn the point guard position(how to run a team and intangible stuff) and he has to get bigger physically.

here is what allen said when he quoted me.

Why are you resurrecting these old threads?

To show you all who was right. I get laughed off the board and yet I look like a genius compared to the good ol boy network alive and well on this board.

To show you all who was right. I get laughed off the board and yet I look like a genius compared to the good ol boy network alive and well on this board.

Then why not just link it instead of bumping? For someone who is always right, you sure seem happy about this.