Kevin B Moses

My bold predictions thread

Mike Conley will make the All-Star team this year. I guarantee it.

Andrew Harrison will average at least 15 points or more a game.

The Grizzlies will win 50 or more games and will actually win the division. Mark this down that I said this, so when it comes true, you know I said it 

The Rockets won't come close to what they did last year. They will struggle to win 50 games this year.

Grizz'll win 50 and the Rockets won't? That's about as bold as it gets right dere. I wouldn't bet your account on that one KBM lol. 

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The Grizzlies will win 50 or more games and will actually win the division. Mark this down that I said this, so when it comes true, you know I said it 

The Rockets won't come close to what they did last year. They will struggle to win 50 games this year.

I would love to see MC get an All Star nod. 

Also would love to see the Rockets struggle. nothing would make me happier... 

I don't know why we signed Shelvin Mack if harrison is going to get all those minutes. 

I hope your right about every thing you said. I really do. I feel I have better odds of winning the lottery then every thing you said. but I hoping your right.

23 minutes ago, Memphisyank said:

I don't know why we signed Shelvin Mack if harrison is going to get all those minutes. 

I think Shelvin is more of Mike Conley insurance. I don’t think Shelvin will play much unless Mike gets injured again. I think they were tired of playing musical chairs at point with Gleaguers and wanted a vet PG on the bench to start the year. Harrison is still the backup hopefully 

Just now, The Stro Show said:

I think Shelvin is more of Mike Conley insurance. I don’t think Shelvin will play much unless Mike gets injured again. I think they were tired of playing musical chairs at point with Gleaguers and wanted a vet PG on the bench to start the year. Harrison is still the backup hopefully 

you are probably right. that was a hot mess on top of everything else last year. 

5 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

conley will miss around 20 games . Harrison is a good role player . the grizzlies should win around 35 41 games the west is a beast , the rockets should win the division they have 2 super star players

48 minutes ago, Memphisyank said:

I would love to see MC get an All Star nod. 

Also would love to see the Rockets struggle. nothing would make me happier... 

Shelvin Mack, as mentioned above, is a Conley insurance piece above everything else.

He's also the calming vet leader that is going to replace Harrison in games where he picks up his fouls or loses his cool.

Conley ain't making the All-Star game....it's still a numbers game with only 4-6 guards making, and barring injury, these guys will be it or will likely get in before Conley: Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Lillard, Klay, CP3, DeRozan. Add in CJ McCollum, Jimmy Butler, Eric Gordon, Dennis Smith Jr and Donovan Mitchell, and Conley's only chance is if the Grizzlies have a top 4 record in the league. (I'm not saying those other guys are better, but if any are on a team ahead of him in rankings, they are going to be on it before him).

My bold prediction: Grizzlies finish ahead of the Lakers in the playoff race.

A little less bold prediction: Both JJJ and Dillon Brooks make Rising Stars game

My I could see it happen somewhat bold prediction: After the trade deadline, the Kings waive Zach Randolph, and he finishes out the season on the Grizzlies as injuries have created an opening on roster.

2 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Shelvin Mack, as mentioned above, is a Conley insurance piece above everything else.

He's also the calming vet leader that is going to replace Harrison in games where he picks up his fouls or loses his cool.

Conley ain't making the All-Star game....it's still a numbers game with only 4-6 guards making, and barring injury, these guys will be it or will likely get in before Conley: Harden, Curry, Westbrook, Lillard, Klay, CP3, DeRozan. Add in CJ McCollum, Jimmy Butler, Eric Gordon, Dennis Smith Jr and Donovan Mitchell, and Conley's only chance is if the Grizzlies have a top 4 record in the league. (I'm not saying those other guys are better, but if any are on a team ahead of him in rankings, they are going to be on it before him).

My bold prediction: Grizzlies finish ahead of the Lakers in the playoff race.

A little less bold prediction: Both JJJ and Dillon Brooks make Rising Stars game

My I could see it happen somewhat bold prediction: After the trade deadline, the Kings waive Zach Randolph, and he finishes out the season on the Grizzlies as injuries have created an opening on roster.

replacing parsons? 😁😁

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Now that sports gambling is legal, where can I bet against those first three? Only way the first two happen is if Conley is traded to team in the East and Harrison becomes the starter. But who is trading for Conley with that contract and injury history? It's almost not fun to ridicule you anymore if you're going to make it this easy.

I hope so and agree that it could happen... but won't guarantee it.

Uh.... no.

Maybe on the Rockets depending on Capela's development in the paint or not... more like 40 wins for the Grizz... if.  Ya know, it's past due time for the Grizz and Preds to be really good at the same time.  I would love for this to be the year.

37 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I will agree, those are very bold predictions.  Sane?  Not so much.

The thing about the Rockets, I'm betting a couple of things are going to happen. First: the Rockets are going to be sluggish out of the gate because they're going to be feeling their own oats after last year.

Capella got paid so he is in no rush to play hungry like he did last year.

Chris Paul is one more year older, he got his deal, he's probably going to miss 25 games this year.

the reason why the Rockets were good last year was because they had a good defense. And they replace that with Melo, who isn't going to play any defense.

And while James Harden is James Harden, he's always more of let me do what I do and let my teammates do the Dirty Work to win games. It worked like a charm last year, but this year i don't see it translating: they lost a lot of defense, and the hunger between the players isn't going to be there.

I could be wrong because if Chris Paul plays 82 games he can probably keep the rockets in the 50 or more game category. But I just think Paul's best year was last year and it's going to be all downhill from here.

Mike Conley will make the All-Star team if the Grizzlies are in the top five or six teams in the West. That's pretty much a given.

As far as the Grizzlies winning the division, that may or may not come true, but I think it's going to be a dogfight: with the Pelicans even being in the mix, the Spurs are not the Spurs of old but they still are pretty strong, and the rockets are coming off of the Western Conference finals and they're not too hungry.

So yeah it's the Rockets division to lose, but I'm thinking the Grizzlies might have a chance.

My bold predictions:

Jamychal Green will be traded by the trade deadline. ( I don't think is very bold)

Chandler Parsons will play at least 70 games this season and actually contribute. 

Dillon Brooks will average 15ppg.

We will be a top 5 defensive team.

I think Houston will miss Ariza much more than most pundits think they will. Melo is not going to replace Ariza, although he might replace Anderson. Paul coming off another hamstring injury is not good news for the Rockets either. His injury history is at least as bad as Mike's, although different problems. 

6 hours ago, Wells said:

I think Houston will miss Ariza much more than most pundits think they will. Melo is not going to replace Ariza, although he might replace Anderson. Paul coming off another hamstring injury is not good news for the Rockets either. His injury history is at least as bad as Mike's, although different problems. 

+/- stats said Ariza had no impact on and off court. I do think they will miss him in the matchup against the Warriors (Durant) but against most NBA teams? Nah.

I also think they will eventually swing Anderson plus pick for another bad contract that is more useful (Bazemore, Batum, etc)

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

+/- stats said Ariza had no impact on and off court. I do think they will miss him in the matchup against the Warriors (Durant) but against most NBA teams? Nah.

I also think they will eventually swing Anderson plus pick for another bad contract that is more useful (Bazemore, Batum, etc)

Whike I can't know what you know apparently about the Rockets, the facts are that they are prime candidates for a let down.

The facts are that mello did nothing to help OKC last year and they were giddy about letting him go, I wouldn't count that as a win for the Rockets, and Luc mbah a mounte will be missed and Trevor Ariza was ingrained in the Rockets rotation because he had been there so long, it's akin to the Grizzlies losing Tony Allen, and Chris Paul is an injury waiting to happen.

42 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Whike I can't know what you know apparently about the Rockets, the facts are that they are prime candidates for a let down.

The facts are that mello did nothing to help OKC last year and they were giddy about letting him go, I wouldn't count that as a win for the Rockets, and Luc mbah a mounte will be missed and Trevor Ariza was ingrained in the Rockets rotation because he had been there so long, it's akin to the Grizzlies losing Tony Allen, and Chris Paul is an injury waiting to happen.

The other fact is that anyone with a brain knows that unless they have a catastrophic injury they will likely be a top 3-4 seed in the West, even with a "letdown."

13 hours ago, LilFrontOffice said:

My bold predictions:

Jamychal Green will be traded by the trade deadline. ( I don't think is very bold)

Chandler Parsons will play at least 70 games this season and actually contribute. 

Dillon Brooks will average 15ppg.

We will be a top 5 defensive team.

I have been saying all along that Parsons knee issues will magically disappear.. he is going to need a new contract