FBOM0101

Grizzlies sign Yuta Watanabe

@MyMikeCheck

RotoWorld:

The Grizzlies are signing Yuta Watanabe to two-year, two-way contract.

He won Atlantic 10 Defensive Player of the Year at George Washington and is 23 after four years at the school. Watanabe played with the Nets in Vegas, but the 6'9" forward likely won't be seeing minutes with the Grizzlies while the team is even close to full strength.

bummer i was hoping for DJ stephens. no one needs to explain to me that two-ways are better used on young players blah blah blah, i know. good luck to Yuta! hope he makes the most of this opportunity 

How do you pronounce his name?

2 minutes ago, FBOM0101 said:

The first and third samples sound bogus.  The second seems pretty close.  Toke might be able to help, but I think it's - Yoo tah   Wah ten ah bee - or something like that.

His D looked decent in that video.

Who and why?

4 minutes ago, grizzgolf said:

Who and why?

Young prospect and the Grizzlies see something in him

Now FO is looking like themselves, Anderson was not my first option in the FA, they now are trying to sign a extra pg over a backup C. And now that. 

DJ or Markel, that was a easy decision. We could get Wood if they want to GO big...?

23 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

The first and third samples sound bogus.  The second seems pretty close.  Toke might be able to help, but I think it's - Yoo tah   Wah ten ah bee - or something like that.

His D looked decent in that video.

I think you got it.  

5 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

Now FO is looking like themselves, Anderson was not my first option in the FA, they now are trying to sign a extra pg over a backup C. And now that. 

DJ or Markel, that was a easy decision. We could get Wood if they want to GO big...?

So you're saying there's no way this guy could be better?

I like this alot.

I don't know what some people's interest with DJ is other than he's a former tiger who can jump really high. He's not that good at basketball.

I wanted Yuta I even asked someone on Twitter how often teams signed players from another sl team in reference to him. Be nice if he can bulk up a little but he's another high IQ player that plays on both sides of the ball.

I doubt he sees any playing time with the main roster this year but I hope he turns into something good. 

He played pg in this camp he might turn into something he has a lot of tools to work with

2 hours ago, Allen said:

How do you pronounce his name?

Japanese! 

Ha!

Yu (you) ta 

Wa ta na be ( vowels are short ) 

I remember watching Yuta Tabuse back in the days.

9 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I doubt he sees any playing time with the main roster this year but I hope he turns into something good. 

Doubt he ever makes the big team roster for more than a few days at most.  Ever.

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Google Translate

I think that some people already know, but I had a two-way contract with Memphis Grizzlies @ memgrizz. From here it is also a real game. We will continue to do our utmost to further grow! We look forward to your continued support! !

28 minutes ago, CMAC said:

Google Translate

I think that some people already know, but I had a two-way contract with Memphis Grizzlies @ memgrizz. From here it is also a real game. We will continue to do our utmost to further grow! We look forward to your continued support! !

??

Welcome to Memphis Yuta.  I hope you have a long and successful basketball career here.

4 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Doubt he ever makes the big team roster for more than a few days at most.  Ever.

How can you make a prediction like this based off of what information