Greater Memphis Grind

Grizz trading Mclemore & DD for Garrett Temple

5 minutes ago, gamecocks11 said:

trading that future first for rade and dd really looks ******

Yep.

But that's the past now.

How did we get SAC to agree to take Ben Mac and DD off our hands for a productive player?

Wow.

3 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Yep.

But that's the past now.

How did we get SAC to agree to take Ben Mac and DD off our hands for a productive player?

Wow.

Not familiar with Temple....what does he do well

don't know much about him, but I think I like this...

this proves that we were very content with rabb all the time- smart.

slim.

2 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Yep.

But that's the past now.

Wow.

Man somebody in the FO has some really compromising pictures of Joerger.    No way any of this makes sense from SAC side.    Don't they have like 10 Big men already??

most of the media thinks Sacramento pulled another Sacramento and did something dumb. Consensus seems to be we are getting a solid role player who is a good locker room guy as well.

The big thing is that it was a 2 for 1, so we are now at 15 roster spots without having to cut anyone.

a little more info from the Memphis side:

Michael Wallace Retweeted Michael Wallace

Hearing Grizzlies also sending cash out in deal, which presumably allows Kings flexibility to perhaps buy out Davis/McLemore. All three players on expiring contracts, but Temple is a keeper for the Grizzlies and gives them solid combo guard.

I’m not a fan of giving up on young players so early. I guess they thought he looked so bad that he was never going to develop into anything 

Grizz are obviously doing everything they can do to stay out of the bottom 8 so they can convey that pick

7 minutes ago, Greater Memphis Grind said:

Not that this would change my mind on the trade at all but we did give up a 2nd rounder.

Sacramento getting a 2021 second-rounder in deal with Grizzlies, per source.

Kevin loves giving up second round picks. 

I don’t see why anyone would be excited about this deal. Temple doesn’t move the needle either way. Just seems like a move to make a move. Plus we’re giving up cash and a 2nd

11 minutes ago, Back2Grizzness said:

Not familiar with Temple....what does he do well

6-6, 8 year veteran, shoots about 39% from 3, averaged 8 points.

He's not an all-star, but he's a solid role player. Solid.

media seem to be pretty happy with us.

@daldridgetnt
Meanwhile…Grizzlies are having one hell of an offseason.

@Jon_Roser
Grizzlies have added a bunch of versatile defenders this offseason (JJJ, Jevon, Casspi, Kyle Anderson, and now Garrett Temple). I don't know what the ceiling is offensively but they will defend every game and, if you defend every game, you give yourself a chance to win

@GaryParrishCBS
The Kings just traded one solid player to the Grizzlies for two bad players. Thank you, Sacramento.

@ZachLowe_NBA
.@GTemp17 has quietly been a solid wing for a few seasons now. In all the "pick your 8 West playoff teams" barroom debates I had in Vegas, Memphis rarely came up. People are sleeping on them a bit if Mike and Marc are healthy

3 minutes ago, Greater Memphis Grind said:

Not that this would change my mind on the trade at all but we did give up a 2nd rounder.

Sacramento getting a 2021 second-rounder in deal with Grizzlies, per source.

If its unprotected (cause this team could be real bad in 2021) then this could be like giving up a late first rounder for another playoff "push."

3 minutes ago, Dwash said:

So does Smit tay buy that DD was hopeless now?

No, I don't buy that he was hopeless.  I buy that there was enough hope for him that SAC was willing to take Ben off our hands to get him.  I'm okay with it.  Nothing personal against Ben, I wish him well, but he was the one player I hoped we'd move.  Best to both of them (except against the Grizzlies).

Temple is also an expiring.

Who is backing up Marc now?  Are the majority of those minutes going to JJJ?  That would be good.  The only other player we have with enough size to guard center is Jarrell.

Just now, smit-tay griz said:

No, I don't buy that he was hopeless.  I buy that there was enough hope for him that SAC was willing to take Ben off our hands to get him.  I'm okay with it.  Nothing personal against Ben, I wish him well, but he was the one player I hoped we'd move.  Best to both of them (except against the Grizzlies).

Who is backing up Marc now?  Are the majority of those minutes going to JJJ?  That would be good.  The only other player we have with enough size to guard center is Jarrell.

per the organization's mouthpiece:

@MyMikeCheck
Grizzlies roster up front now trends smaller at the 5 spot. Marc is only true center, but Jaren and JaMychal will play at center in three-big rotation, along with Ivan as possibility.

Grizz traded away dead weight for a rotational guy who's been solid over the last 2-3 seasons on an expiring contract. As some of you mentioned, this team apparently doesn't have enough quality rotation guys.

Well, now we've added JJJ, Kyle, Temple and Casspi and basically lost Davis and Ben. 

Team will be able to switch on everything too.

Just now, smit-tay griz said:

He was a salary dump. He had to be included to make the salary match. McLemore and Temple arent close enough in salary to make a trade. Im pretty sure Sac had no real interest in DD thus even requesting cash to pay for these bad salaries.

Pretty much this.

@peteredmiston
Grizzlies excited to:
1. Get a wing who is a proven player
2. Put a high-character leader in the locker room to help young players
3. Clear up roster crunch and get down to 15

Kings excited to:
1. Um
2. Er
3. Get a second round pick?