ALT GRIND

Grizzlies vs. OKC. Tonight at 5pm. Is JJJ playing?

Apparently, EVERYBODY gets a shot at the trophy in the Las Vegas summer league.

We play the Thunder at 5pm, haven't heard much about it (other than on here).

Does anyone know if JJJ is playing?

Are we packing it up?

Hopefully everybody shows up and we play hard.  

You know the old saying, "ANYTHING can happen in summer league."

I'm hoping to see a bit more of an organized concept of basketball from our summer league team tonight.  I've watched a few of the other teams play the last few days and it sure seems they are more organized than what we are seeing from our summer Grizz.  We seem to be very chaotic.

2 minutes ago, Gradey said:

I'm hoping to see a bit more of an organized concept of basketball from our summer league team tonight.  

Yeah, I kinda want to see a whole new batch of guys tonight.  

Hold auditions at a local YMCA, do a walk through, then hit the floor running at 5pm.

Does ANYBODY run pick and roll in college?

Are they doing The Weave at West Virginia?

27 minutes ago, Gradey said:

I'm hoping to see a bit more of an organized concept of basketball from our summer league team tonight.  I've watched a few of the other teams play the last few days and it sure seems they are more organized than what we are seeing from our summer Grizz.  We seem to be very chaotic.

Orlando actually came out of the gate with pressure defense and our guys acted like it was from Mars... a concept they were not familiar with and didn't deal with it very good.

11 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Orlando actually came out of the gate with pressure defense and our guys acted like it was from Mars... a concept they were not familiar with and didn't deal with it very good.

Yeah, we got blitzed in that game.  Selden not being there didn't help either.  JJJ and the rest of the gang looked gassed.

I want to see JJJ and Co. bounce back.  Jackson sat the last one out, hopefully he plays tonight.  He needs to get his mojo back.

JJJ has to be playing tonight. I hope we cant hit some shots tonight 

Watching Heslip play gives me hope that even undersized unathletic white guys like me can play with the big boys.

For one day in the summer at least.

It doesn't look like Kobi or Wayne will be playing tonight. I haven't seen Brooks on the bench, but maybe I missed him. Rabb will seemingly be playing. 

For whatever reason the summer league coaching staff has completely shut down JJs style of play from the first game....like the guards aren't even looking for him on the pick and pops anymore and there are way too many post ups for JJ

Just now, Ndq0327 said:

For whatever reason the summer league coaching staff has completely shut down JJs style of play from the first game....like the guards aren't even looking for him on the pick and pops anymore and there are way too many post ups for JJ

I think they know he can shoot and they don’t want him to just hang around at the 3 point line but rather work on his weaker points.

3 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I think they know he can shoot and they don’t want him to just hang around at the 3 point line but rather work on his weaker points.

Yea they can do that in practice and training camp  he's not learning much in summer league I haven't seen many other lotto picks playing away from their strengths. 

1 minute ago, The Stro Show said:

DD has no ups man.

He's trash and Rabb is pretty slow 

I thought Carter would be better he's kind of out of control sometimes

1 minute ago, Ndq0327 said:

I thought Carter would be better he's kind of out of control sometimes

He’s definitely trick or treat.

2 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Don’t get me wrong, Heslip has skills, but he looks like they picked someone from the public to complete a team.

think I saw where he is 28 years of age..

wow, he better lock in with someone and come out blazing..

that, or he is going to be working 8-5 with us.

slim.

1. DD has plenty of ups, particularly for a 6-11 guy. He's not super quick off his feet. 2. Rabb is slow, but he can still be effective on both offense and defense if he's put in the right situation. 3. Carter has been out of control at times. He'll have to learn not to push the envelope so much. With a much better team around him, I don't think he'll be forced to do that. 4. Heslip is the 5 time reigning YMCA 3 point champion so hop off lol

Crawford has been solid....im so happy they took DD out his low energy has ruined me I don't need to see him on a court again