Kevin B Moses

The Grizzlies have turned it around pretty quick: they will be sneaky good

I know that some people on the board, when the Grizzlies try to make any move that isn't far far into the future, disregard it as trying to hang on to a low playoff spot.

In my opinion, the Grizzlies have assembled a team that is poised to make some noise not only in the regular season but also the playoffs.

Dillon Brooks is not just a regular starter on a middling to low playoff team.

He showed a lot last year that he could score sometimes even carry a team. He had 29, 24, 28, 21, 36. During the end of the year he was putting up monster numbers on a regular basis.

The kid can score, but more importantly he plays as a team player and he plays defense.

Add MarShon Brooks to a sneaky good pickup. I actually like MarShon Brooks more than I like Tyreke Evans. Tyreke Evans can score 40 points during the first three quarters and then choked away the fourth quarter like the dog he is. Which he did on several occasions.

the Grizzlies with Marshawn Brooks we get a guy that can give you the points that Tyree gives you without all the downsides, at a fraction of the cost.

Think about it this way the Grizzlies were able to replace Tyreke Evans with Kyle Anderson and MarShon Brooks. that's a hell of a value when you consider that MarShon Brooks can give you just about what tyreik does alone.

I'm also convinced that Dede Davis is ready to take the next step. He is going to be an important piece to the Grizzlies this year, with his defense and his minutes backing up Marc. I'll see him giving us as much as Kosta Koufos gave us in Kosta's prime.

not to mention that the Grizzlies got the 4th pick in the draft and drafted a player that compliments Marc extremely well. we are so much more athletic through the lead guard and the wing positions now that it's not even funny. We can pretty much guard anybody. 

and I haven't even spoken about Kobi Simmons or Wayne Selden or Jevon Carter, all of which are players that are up-and-coming.

I haven't even mentioned Andrew Harrison who has been getting better and better year after year.

It's not an exaggeration to say that if Mike goes down or Marc goes down, as long as they don't go down simultaneously I believe the Grizzlies can withstand it. Andrew Harrison is a very capable point guard and Deonte Davis is now a very capable Center.

but I think this year the Grizzlies are going to be healthy and they're going to win over 50 games.

I know every year that the board is going to come out and say all the Grizzlies are going to go 40 + 40 they'll be lucky to go .500 etc etc.

We're going to see. 

The Grizzlies now have experienced depth and they have mitigated their risks of injury derailing their season.

And what if Jaren Jackson Jr becomes a superstar in the first year. Well this team is definitely trying to get back to grit-and-grind they have a hell of a lot of offense of players on their team that can do stuff.

So all you boo birds come on out: I'm making a stand this season the Grizzlies are going to do something. And specifically Mike and Marc Gasol are going to prove why the Grizzlies kept them around.

Kevin, ooops, I mean Chris Wallace

Contain yourself brother, there's 3 months to go before the season even kicks off.

I still remember your famous thread,

The grizzlies are on the verge of a championship: keep the faith

How did that turn out?

Chris Wallace the jig is up

4 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I know that some people on the board, when the Grizzlies try to make any move that isn't far far into the future, disregard it as trying to hang on to a low playoff spot.

In my opinion, the Grizzlies have assembled a team that is poised to make some noise not only in the regular season but also the playoffs.

He showed a lot last year that he could score sometimes even carry a team. He had 29, 24, 28, 21, 36. During the end of the year he was putting up monster numbers on a regular basis.

The kid can score, but more importantly he plays as a team player and he plays defense.

Add MarShon Brooks to a sneaky good pickup. I actually like MarShon Brooks more than I like Tyreke Evans. Tyreke Evans can score 40 points during the first three quarters and then choked away the fourth quarter like the dog he is. Which he did on several occasions.

the Grizzlies with Marshawn Brooks we get a guy that can give you the points that Tyree gives you without all the downsides, at a fraction of the cost.

Think about it this way the Grizzlies were able to replace Tyreke Evans with Kyle Anderson and MarShon Brooks. that's a hell of a value when you consider that MarShon Brooks can give you just about what tyreik does alone.

I'm also convinced that Dede Davis is ready to take the next step. He is going to be an important piece to the Grizzlies this year, with his defense and his minutes backing up Marc. I'll see him giving us as much as Kosta Koufos gave us in Kosta's prime.

not to mention that the Grizzlies got the 4th pick in the draft and drafted a player that compliments Marc extremely well. we are so much more athletic through the lead guard and the wing positions now that it's not even funny. We can pretty much guard anybody. 

and I haven't even spoken about Kobi Simmons or Wayne Selden or Jevon Carter, all of which are players that are up-and-coming.

I haven't even mentioned Andrew Harrison who has been getting better and better year after year.

It's not an exaggeration to say that if Mike goes down or Marc goes down, as long as they don't go down simultaneously I believe the Grizzlies can withstand it. Andrew Harrison is a very capable point guard and Deonte Davis is now a very capable Center.

but I think this year the Grizzlies are going to be healthy and they're going to win over 50 games.

I know every year that the board is going to come out and say all the Grizzlies are going to go 40 + 40 they'll be lucky to go .500 etc etc.

We're going to see. 

The Grizzlies now have experienced depth and they have mitigated their risks of injury derailing their season.

And what if Jaren Jackson Jr becomes a superstar in the first year. Well this team is definitely trying to get back to grit-and-grind they have a hell of a lot of offense of players on their team that can do stuff.

So all you boo birds come on out: I'm making a stand this season the Grizzlies are going to do something. And specifically Mike and Marc Gasol are going to prove why the Grizzlies kept them around.

I'm signing up for this. I think your right. I just see Selden getting a lot of playing time this season too. 

I do subscribe to a lot of the optimism but to me Dillon is the key. If he can take steps and be the 2 we need it helps a lot. 

7 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

We're going to see. 

I was with you until you said DD would take the next step, after that you went off the rails. They have Mike and Marc as the corner stones and Kyle Anderson as the Swiss Army Knife guy who does it all on both sides of the ball. The questions are will JJJ and D Brooks fall somewhere in the 14 to 18 points a game area and will we have anything resembling a legit NBA bench. If all 3 hit I could see the Grizz being exciting to watch and pulling off the rebuild on the fly plan. If all 3 don’t hit, Marc will be traded at the deadline. 

7 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

We're going to see. 

I was with you until you said DD would take the next step, after that you went off the rails. They have Mike and Marc as the corner stones and Kyle Anderson as the Swiss Army Knife guy who does it all on both sides of the ball. The questions are will JJJ and D Brooks fall somewhere in the 14 to 18 points a game area and will we have anything resembling a legit NBA bench. If all 3 hit I could see the Grizz being exciting to watch and pulling off the rebuild on the fly plan. If all 3 don’t hit, Marc will be traded at the deadline. 

Mike Conley is my favorite Grizzly ever but his injury is the worst that you can have at 30. I hope I'm wrong but his prime I fear is well behind. 

JJJ is 18yo. He will need at least two seasons to make an impact. Dillon is good, but no all star material IMO.

Davis is not good enough and Parsons is already a former player.

I like the Anderson move but I don't think we're gonna make PO this year. West is too strong. However, some bricks for the future (Dillon, Anderson, JJJ, maybe Kobi) is there finally.

7 hours ago, Myers said:

Mike Conley is my favorite Grizzly ever but his injury is the worst that you can have at 30. I hope I'm wrong but his prime I fear is well behind. 

JJJ is 18yo. He will need at least two seasons to make an impact. Dillon is good, but no all star material IMO.

Davis is not good enough and Parsons is already a former player.

I like the Anderson move but I don't think we're gonna make PO this year. West is too strong. However, some bricks for the future (Dillon, Anderson, JJJ, maybe Kobi) is there finally.

he only had a bone spur...what major injury you talking about..he actually could of played last season..but they chose to shut him down.

I think we'll be pretty good next year. Obviously when you add the new Lakers to the mix, it just makes those 7th and 8th seeds that much more competitive. 45 wins might be enough to get in this year, but certainly not a guarantee. I think this team can do that. A lot of it hinges on what we can get out of Chandler this year, at least with out current roster makeup. A starting lineup of Mike, Dillon, Chandler or Anderson, JJJ, and Marc can be deadly. All 5 positions are plus defenders, all 5 (depending if Anderson starts or not) can put up points in a hurry. Then you'll have a bench of Andrew, Selden, JaM, and DD with either Parsons or Anderson filling in with Marshon playing that sparkplug role coming off the bench. Scoring will be this teams biggest weakness, depending on what Parsons gives us. Still, going to be fun to watch, and very gritty.  

I think there's some confusion as to what Conley had. 

He didn't rupture his achilles like Boogie did. He had a sore achilles. I'm assuming he was shut down to prevent a rupture from happening and to fix the problem.

6 minutes ago, Memphisyank said:

Has anyone seen any recent news on either him (Conley) or Parsons? I am curious what prognosis looks like for Fall 

Which injury report would you like for Parsons? The Summer version (feeling better than ever). The Training camp version (will be ready to go right before the season starts). Or the Regular season version (will need to be reevaluated).

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Which injury report would you like for Parsons? The Summer version (feeling better than ever). The Training camp version (will be ready to go right before the season starts). Or the Regular season version (will need to be reevaluated).

LOL... good one

10 minutes ago, Dwash said:

:D

13 minutes ago, Dwash said:

??

To have a chance at doing something in the playoffs, the key is health and Chandler Parsons. He is there wild card.

If he can play 60 games for 24 mpg this team will be solid assuming they avoid significant injuries elsewhere. There is a lot of reasons to think he won't, but if he can it makes a huge difference.

I'm hoping Dillon doesn't have a slump like many sophomores do. I think people have too high of expectations for him, but he will be a solid contributor.

32 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Yep.

Add in late season, "were shutting him down for now"

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Sign me up for the one where he ‘has been rehabbing and added 10 pounds of muscle...’

3 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Yep.

Add in late season, "were shutting him down for now"

True. I also forgot "Working to get back after the ASB" right around Xmas/new years

11 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

To have a chance at doing something in the playoffs, the key is health and Chandler Parsons. He is there wild card.

If he can play 60 games for 24 mpg this team will be solid assuming they avoid significant injuries elsewhere. There is a lot of reasons to think he won't, but if he can it makes a huge difference.

I'm hoping Dillon doesn't have a slump like many sophomores do. I think people have too high of expectations for him, but he will be a solid contributor.

Parsons is said to be in relatively good health; better than at any time in his Grizz tenure. One of the announcers said so on one of our SL broadcasts. They said he was playing and working out at full speed all summer.