Sign in to follow this  
Iron Mike

There goes your Gasol-Conley-Evans core

7 minutes ago, Iron Mike said:

Evans signs with the Pacers. Now what?Ā šŸ˜‚

JJJ-Rabb-Gasol front line of death.Ā  Then Mike, Kobi, the Brooks Brothers, and Chandler Parsons as our perimeter scoring threats.

At some point Chris Wallace has to be held responsible right?Ā 

I halfway jokingly said M Brooks was Evans replacement during the seasonĀ Ā but now it seems like that really is the FOs plan

How many times can Wallace f up without getting fired?Ā He has some of the greatest job security Iā€™ve ever seenĀ 

But they kept at the deadline him to "bond" with him as he spent the rest of the year basically out of sight away from the team as if he had been traded.

3 minutes ago, gfaulk09 said:

Where is our scoring going to come from? Trying to hold teams under 90 isnā€™t going to work anymore...Ā 

Michael Beasley, Monta Ellis and OJ Mayo to the rescue?

1 minute ago, fanboyslim said:

What do you mean? Our core is Conley-Gasol-JJJ.

We have always been at war with Eastasia.

Chandler Parsons and Oceania would like to have a word with you.

13 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Our core is JJJ and possibly Dillon. Marc and Mike core days are overĀ 

34 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Liar!Ā  We're at war with Eurasia.Ā  I read it before the trade deadline on the day Tyreke asked not to be traded.

1 minute ago, MemphisX said:

Did you guys really want to give Tyreke a 3 or 4 year deal at this point?

No. The problem isnā€™t Evans not being signed. Itā€™s the patent confirmation that CW botched his trade,Ā derailed the tank job (only a bit), and let him walk away with nothing in return, all while lying through his teeth.

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Hood? Beasley?

I'd make an offer to Hood, see what happens.Ā  Unless they really do have something else in mind.Ā  Or they'll make an offer at the last minute which they know will be matched, so that they can say they tried.

10 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

No. The problem isnā€™t Evans not being signed. Itā€™s the patent confirmation that CW botched his trade,Ā derailed the tank job (only a bit), and let him walk away with nothing in return, all while lying through his teeth.

Yep. A second round pick would have been better than this.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Hood? Beasley?

If we're going to get anyone that's remaining these two look like best options.Ā  Is Beasley still a problem guy?Ā  If not he could add rebounding along with scoring.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

If we're going to get anyone that's remaining these two look like best options.Ā  Is Beasley still a problem guy?Ā  If not he could add rebounding along with scoring.

I'd take Beasley but maybe he had rather stay home than play for the Grizz.

2 hours ago, Thomas said:

Hood? Beasley?

Honestly, if we can pull off Hood, Iā€™d say we itā€™s a better signing than EvansĀ given Evansā€™ injury history and lack of winning history.

If we can get a legit starter caliber guy, I dont think we need to bring in anyone.Ā  We have a bunch of project/young guys who need time and development in D. Brooks, Selden, Rabb, Simmons, and Jackson.Ā  Another role player just limits the minutes for the guys who need them.

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I watched a lot of New York basketball last season and it didn't seem like he was a problem. Felt kind of like how Zbo grew up when he got here. He put on some brilliant shows before they started tanking after Kristaps went down. Though it's a gamble giving him multiple years.

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I watched a lot of New York basketball last season and it didn't seem like he was a problem. Felt kind of like how Zbo grew up when he got here. He put on some brilliant shows before they started tanking after Kristaps went down. Though it's a gamble giving him multiple years.

If he's more mature now I could go for it.