PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Conley/Evans/Jam/JJJ/Gasol is going to be our DEFENSIVE version of the WARRIORS...#GNG2.0

Conley/Harrison/Carter Kobie-twoway

Evans/Mbrooks/Mclemore

Jam/Dbrooks/Seldon

JJJ/Parsons/Martin

Gasol/Davis/Rabb

Making this rotation made me realize something...i see why pera espects us to be back in the mix...we are pretty deep.

Anyways i think CW and Company have put together a roster that has a chance of being very unique on the defensive end..i mean the team is full of guys that can defend..there are a couple i would question of that end of the floor..but is not because they dont have the physical tools to be good on defense.

Yeah we may not score much (i think we will average around 105ppg) but there is a good chance of this roster holding opponents to under 100ppg (  i dont think 98ppg is out of the question)

We maybe the only team is the league thats going to be a match problem of the defensive end ( if that is a thing)

Thoughts GRIZZSNATION

I think Harrison and Kobi will have to battle it out over a lone roster spot, as well as Martin and D Davis (with Davis having more room for error as Martin has reached the point of his development time is running short) then we will need to add an athletic sf 6'8" to 6'9" from the undrafted pool or trade

Just now, Ace-is-high said:

I think Harrison and Kobi will have to battle it out over a lone roster spot, as well as Martin and D Davis (with Davis having more room for error as Martin has reached the point of his development time is running short) then we will need to add an athletic sf 6'8" to 6'9" from the undrafted pool or trade

kobi is on a two way contract i think

1 minute ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

kobi is on a two way contract i think

yeah he is, I have a hard time telling the difference between two-way and regular contract, their either a Grizzlie or not, and I don't think the team needs both

JaM is not a SF, just like Martin was not last year either. Selden, Evans, or Brooks really have the length or size necessary to play the 3 either. That likely means we will need to get one on free agency either with the MLE, or hope an undrafted guy can fill that hole immediately. 

3 hours ago, guillermo said:

spit shine dat old grit and grind

No thank you.  The Grit and Grind was successful and is a fun moniker to use for the Grizz, but its a really boring way to play ball.

Grinding out wins is not an enjoyable style or habit.  I want to crush teams we should and have firepower to hang with the Rockets, Warriors and Raptors of the league.  Yes it would be great to have a top defense, but I want potent offense as well.

No more grind please...

Winning is fun, I don't care how you do it. Don't care if it is ugly, a win is a win. We don't have the luxury of being flashy. We might not be the most talented team ever, but if we can be the team that works the hardest, then we can start winning games again. 

57 minutes ago, Adrenalize74 said:

No thank you.  The Grit and Grind was successful and is a fun moniker to use for the Grizz, but its a really boring way to play ball.

Grinding out wins is not an enjoyable style or habit.  I want to crush teams we should and have firepower to hang with the Rockets, Warriors and Raptors of the league.  Yes it would be great to have a top defense, but I want potent offense as well.

No more grind please...

Durant, Steph, and Harden weren't in this draft.

Sexton (and maybe Donte) were probably the only flashy scorers who should have gone in the top 10. 

Rob Gray and Malik Newman might be better scorers than Trae Young (although Trae is a better passer) and they didn't get drafted. Newman got picked up by the Lakers but I think Rob Gray is still out there. 

Ayton/Bags don't defend. Was anyone willing to take a risk on Mitchell Robinson (tops on my big board) or Kostas Freak (2nd)? 

JJJ has as much upside on BOTH sides of the ball as anyone. And he is young. 

4 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

JaM is not a SF, just like Martin was not last year either. Selden, Evans, or Brooks really have the length or size necessary to play the 3 either. That likely means we will need to get one on free agency either with the MLE, or hope an undrafted guy can fill that hole immediately. 

explain why you think jam cant play the 3

Because even when we had an opportunity to play him there last year, they put Martin there instead. Because he doesn't have the skill set to play there, or the ball skills, or the lateral speed necessary for keeping up with the rest of the 3s in the league. He's a 4, plain and simple. Ask yourself, would you want him defending Durant, LeBron, PG13, or Kawhi Leonard? Probably not. Even if the answer would be yes for this team, that just means we are at a competitive disadvantage there. 

If we are getting the old crew and mantra together then why not

conley/carter/Harrison

Dillon/Selden

gay/Brooks

JJ/Parsons

gasol/Rabb

situational

DD, Jarrel & TA

trade jamyche bmac

Edited by VikingWarrior

3 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

If we are getting the old crew and mantra together then why not

conley/carter/Harrison

Dillon/Selden

gay/Brooks

JJ/Parsons

gasol/Rabb

situational

DD, Jarrel & TA

trade jamyche bmac

I'm not wholly against trying to pick up Rudy for that SF role. What I would prefer is trying to trade JaM for TJ Warren of the suns, as he is a little bit of the odd man out with Jackson and Mikal Bridges also at that position. Hopefully we can resign Tyreke with the MLE, trade Marshon and JaM (plus probably a 2nd) for Warren. Gives us the needed scoring, plus gives you a SF with some actually size. Warren isn't great defensively, but he will be serviceable enough, plus he can still learn how to get better there too.

What do you think we can get trade wise for Jam?

Why are we trading Jam? He was injured for a better part of the year, but he showed great productivity given time. 

PG Conley, Carter

SG MLE, Harrison

SF Dillon, Marshon

PF Jackson, Parsons

C Gasol, JAM

We just need to get a scorer who can hit 3s with the MLE.  I would say this is a 38-43 win team unless Jackson has an upper 10% rookie season vs his projection.  If Conley can get his scoring back close to 20 ppg, that will also help.  But this will be a top 10 defensive squad and overachieve during the regular season.  I also do not know where Seldon fits in the rotation but he will be in it somewhere.

I like the idea of us being the defensive version of the Warriors-ying yang kind of thing

i liked the picks, but didn’t get excited until after hearing the press conference. JB talking about defense and not trying to be like everyone else was music to my ears. For the first time in a while, I feel like we have direction again-for better or worse. 

I hate losing and expect those seasons to come naturally instead of forcing them. But if there’s a chance to keep the ball rolling and competing, I’m all for it. Also, I’m not content with just making the playoffs, I feel you have a shot every time compete.

15 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

PG Conley, Carter

SG MLE, Harrison

SF Dillon, Marshon

PF Jackson, Parsons

C Gasol, JAM

We just need to get a scorer who can hit 3s with the MLE.  I would say this is a 38-43 win team unless Jackson has an upper 10% rookie season vs his projection.  If Conley can get his scoring back close to 20 ppg, that will also help.  But this will be a top 10 defensive squad and overachieve during the regular season.  I also do not know where Seldon fits in the rotation but he will be in it somewhere.

Hey X curious to who you would prefer if the free agents we can get with MLE?

for that lineup I wouldn’t mind reddick but don’t see MLE being enough 

Tyreke, Barton, KCP? Not sure there is enough money for all the FAs our there.

i am probably the only one - but Gay is there....

personal fave for scoring is Tyreke

3 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

In order: Barton, Reke, KCP, Henzoja

Gay is basically a PF now.

Good list forgot about hezonja. What’s your guess on what Barton will “take”? Prob want more than MLE but just can’t see what team will spend it