Grizzled Vet

Vegas Summer League

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

One of Andrew Harrison's biggest strengths is putting pressure on the other teams defense by forcing them to foul him.

That's literally his best asset other than his defense.

That makes no sense. Harrison has never even attempted 3 FTA per game in his career. How much pressure is that putting on the other team when he attempts less than 3 FT a game? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

He’s never attempted more than 3 free throws?! That’s surprising. 

2016-17: 2.7 FTA per game

2017-18: 2.8 FTA per game

Also, for all of his great strides in 3 pt shooting. He still shot 33%. League average is like 36%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

2016-17: 2.7 FTA per game

2017-18: 2.8 FTA per game

Also, for all of his great strides in 3 pt shooting. He still shot 33%. League average is like 36%.

The stat you need to look at is personal fouls drawn per 100 possessions. He got 6.3 last season. Better than James Harden in his second year. Better in fact than Chris Paul in the last 7 seasons.

I'm obviously not saying Harrison is comparable to either Harden or Paul as a player, just that he can get fouls at a very high rate (and last season he played 46 games against starting PGs). The reason he doesn't get many FTs is he doesn't get so many shooting fouls. Maybe he needs to learn to flail and throw the ball in the general direction of the basket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

The stat you need to look at is personal fouls drawn per 100 possessions. He got 6.3 last season. Better than James Harden in his second year. Better in fact than Chris Paul in the last 7 seasons.

I'm obviously not saying Harrison is comparable to either Harden or Paul as a player, just that he can get fouls at a very high rate (and last season he played 46 games against starting PGs). The reason he doesn't get many FTs is he doesn't get so many shooting fouls. Maybe he needs to learn to flail and throw the ball in the general direction of the basket.

Seems to be the current fashion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

The stat you need to look at is personal fouls drawn per 100 possessions. He got 6.3 last season. Better than James Harden in his second year. Better in fact than Chris Paul in the last 7 seasons.

I'm obviously not saying Harrison is comparable to either Harden or Paul as a player, just that he can get fouls at a very high rate (and last season he played 46 games against starting PGs). The reason he doesn't get many FTs is he doesn't get so many shooting fouls. Maybe he needs to learn to flail and throw the ball in the general direction of the basket.

🤣 Bulls Eye!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bhoyal said:

I see Portland took care of biz last night.   Baldwin and Jenkins combined for 25.  

 

“Beg WB4”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, lions said:

it to bad jjj did not play , I believe they would have beaten Portland they lost by 5 pts 

While it's true that the Grizz could have well won and then dispatched of the exhausted Lakers,  was it worth the risk of injury to the future face of the franchise to win a glorified practice game?  Probably not.  Not after the tanking they had to do to get him.

After all those times in the playoffs, to go 22 -60 was painful to watch.   I understand protecting huge assets.  JJJ has the potential to be a very special talent in the NBA.  This is what we all wanted, right?  Somebody to start rebuilding around for the future?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

While it's true that the Grizz could have well won and then dispatched of the exhausted Lakers,  was it worth the risk of injury to the future face of the franchise to win a glorified practice game?  Probably not.  Not after the tanking they had to do to get him.

After all those times in the playoffs, to go 22 -60 was painful to watch.   I understand protecting huge assets.  JJJ has the potential to be a very special talent in the NBA.  This is what we all wanted, right?  Somebody to start rebuilding around for the future?

Agreed. We saw what we needed to from JJJ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Had no idea where to put this but...

Quote
@AschNBA  
F Michael Porter Jr., who slid to Denver at No. 14 in NBA Draft due to ongoing back issues, had another surgery last week. His camp believes latest procedure = breakthrough grasp of his herniated-disks problem. Not their plan to have him sit out 2018-19 season.

 

 

Looks like we dodge a bullet. And got simply the best player we could've got at #4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lions said:

it to bad jjj did not play , I believe they would have beaten Portland they lost by 5 pts 

We wanted to make a good showing but I think the Lakers took the SL waaay too seriously. Then the Blazers were like "hold my beer."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank GOD the grizzlies did not draft Michael  porter he may never play for Denver after getting back surgery

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2018 at 11:19 AM, bhoyal said:

I see Portland took care of biz last night.   Baldwin and Jenkins combined for 25.  

 

Wilt and another guy scored 115-116 points 1 night for the SF Warriors, Wilt had 100. The other guy said they scored 116 together. I think that was the most points 2 guys had scored in a game.Don't beat around the bush tell people what Baldwin did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Man the book on Porter isn't finished

Never said it was. I am saying the book on his back is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now