Sign in to follow this  
bhoyal

Was Doncic considering bailing out of the draft?

2 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23761495/slovenia-luka-doncic-remain-nba-draft

I think it's time for the Grizz to scratch him off the list.   Questions about "does he really want to be in the NBA yet?" = deal breaker

Draft a tall guy.  One of the Duke guys or Bamba.

This all came from him mentioning staying while his team was in the playoffs. Nothing crazy.

I don't think anyone seriously thought he was pulling his name out of the draft. 

6 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23761495/slovenia-luka-doncic-remain-nba-draft

I think it's time for the Grizz to scratch him off the list.   Questions about "does he really want to be in the NBA yet?" = deal breaker

Draft a tall guy.  One of the Duke guys or Bamba.

If he didn't want to be in the NBA he would have taken his name out of the draft. 

12 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

If he didn't want to be in the NBA he would have taken his name out of the draft. 

You'd think this would put an end to what clearly was a media rumor to generate clicks, but noooo. Some will always consider him a diva for the crime of behaving like a professional under contract.

Kevin Heurter will be a better NBA player than Luka Doncic. Take that to Bank of America.

13 minutes ago, Coubs said:

Kevin Heurter will be a better NBA player than Luka Doncic. Take that to Bank of America.

Nah. Luka will be a good player. He’s better than Rubio and Rubio isn’t bad.

14 minutes ago, Coubs said:

Rubio's highlights were 🔥 compared to Doncic's.

who you want Boss? 

You really think Doncic will be that bad? 

I myself am not anti-Doncic per se, but more on the "draft a tall guy" bandwagon. **

To get screwed on ping-pong ball night and still be able to get a really good blue-chip tall guy anyway?   You gotta do that.

** that would be both tall AND without back surgery

[These are all pretty rough sketches of what I see]

Doncic won't ever get separation against NBA defenders. They will be licking their chops to shut him down. I don't see him in the NBA in 6 years.

Bamba is a no-brainer at #1 (biggest guy, historic wingspan, faster than Westbrook, freaking brilliant, best communicator/teammate). Future Bill Russell if he stays healthy.

Trae Young is gonna be awesome just like Steph Curry. Porter is a question mark because of his injury, but his skillset is nice. I would avoid Jaren Jackson because of his pathetic tournament. Bagley body-wise just isn't anywhere near ready for the NBA.

How many NBA stars are not highly intelligent/great communicators?

Not one I can think of. That's my concern with Ayton.

Miles will be better than Mikal Bridges. Sexton reminds me of Austin Rivers, and he plays crazy (injury-prone). Pass.

Carter doesn't seem like he cares about being anyone's teammate. 

Mitchell Robinson will be one of the steals of the draft along with Dante DiVincenzo and Kevin Heurter.

I'm very hyped about this draft. I'd love to see a lot of teams like the Wizards blow up their rosters. I think Zion ends up in Brooklyn in '19. That dude is worth tanking for. 

2 hours ago, Coubs said:

[These are all pretty rough sketches of what I see]

Doncic won't ever get separation against NBA defenders. They will be licking their chops to shut him down. I don't see him in the NBA in 6 years.

Bamba is a no-brainer at #1 (biggest guy, historic wingspan, faster than Westbrook, freaking brilliant, best communicator/teammate). Future Bill Russell if he stays healthy.

Trae Young is gonna be awesome just like Steph Curry. Porter is a question mark because of his injury, but his skillset is nice. I would avoid Jaren Jackson because of his pathetic tournament. Bagley body-wise just isn't anywhere near ready for the NBA.

How many NBA stars are not highly intelligent/great communicators?

Not one I can think of. That's my concern with Ayton.

Miles will be better than Mikal Bridges. Sexton reminds me of Austin Rivers, and he plays crazy (injury-prone). Pass.

Carter doesn't seem like he cares about being anyone's teammate. 

Mitchell Robinson will be one of the steals of the draft along with Dante DiVincenzo and Kevin Heurter.

I'm very hyped about this draft. I'd love to see a lot of teams like the Wizards blow up their rosters. I think Zion ends up in Brooklyn in '19. That dude is worth tanking for. 

Here is your NBA ready 2019 power forward...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbh5-RJedzc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y0hYUVfXAI