Sign in to follow this  
King Dork

With The 32nd Pick In The 2018 NBA Draft

Recommended Posts

Donte DiVincenzo and Tyus Battle are my top 2 second round targets. But I will admit that the possible picks that low are a bunch of people I’ve never heard of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A big.  Like a stretch 4.  Maybe Metu who is still a work in progress.

Yante Maten as the top priority UFA is he does undrafted.  He is definite NBA material.  Better than JaM Green.

 

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY better than Martin or Rabb or Davis.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they are going with a wing at 32 now that luka is off the board I expect they go with an older player and try and recreate the Brooks magic from last year.

I think they take jackson and an upperclassman wing that can score at 32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Caleb is a scorer and the better of the two twins I like him and Kendal Stephens, Chandler Hutchinson, Keita Bates-Diop,  Svi, and any other 6'7+ wing that can score and defend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Wallace way would look to see what elite HS player has fallen in the draft based on 1 years ago projections

I wouldn't be surprised if they buy another 2nd round pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ndq0327 said:

Caleb is a scorer and the better of the two twins I like him and Kendal Stephens, Chandler Hutchinson, Keita Bates-Diop,  Svi, and any other 6'7+ wing that can score and defend

We need defense especially on the perimeter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

The Wallace way would look to see what elite HS player has fallen in the draft based on 1 years ago projections

I wouldn't be surprised if they buy another 2nd round pick

Sounds like Malik Newman.

Bonus points for his really good NCAA tournament.

Double plus bonus points for his OJ Mayo-esque game.

Oh, I wouldn't count on Donte or Moritz or some other of my fave guys being there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

We need defense especially on the perimeter.

Yup.

Now I am thinking that we go BPA at 32, then look to buy a pick to get a perimeter defender.  

I kinda want a versatile combo forward type who can switch on defense.  Solid rebounding would be a must.  Some athleticism and some 3 point shooting would be bonuses.  

Theo Pinson looks interesting... especially if he gives you some of his HS highlight stuff and some of his college highlight stuff.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 ̶C̶a̶l̶e̶b̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶t̶i̶n̶, Carr, Hutchison(sounds like he got a promise), Wagner, Bates-Diop thats my five. Really whoever it is should compliment our 4th pick. If we draft MPJ then go with a guard or a big. If we draft Bamba or JJJ then go after a guard or wing. Unless someone from the first round falls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cdp said:

Caleb Martin, Carr, Hutchison, Wagner, Bates-Diop thats my five. Really whoever it is should compliment our 4th pick. If we draft MPJ then go with a guard or a big. If we draft Bamba or JJJ then go after a wing. Unless someone from the first round falls.

One of your top 5 will probably go in the late first round.  Two of those guys probably fall into the second half of the 2nd round -- that's usually the way 2nd rounds work.

I am gonna go with BPA at 32 then buy a mid/late 2nd round pick.

Another option: trade 32 to Philly for 38, 39, and cash.

Oh, any Euro stash guys out there that look interesting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dy_dy_dynomite said:

No love for Gary Trent Jr?

Isn't he likely to be a mid-to-late 1st rounder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw Gary Trent, Jr. in the mid-teens but he might be moving down.

Although we are pretty stocked at the 2 guard spot, even if we have more quantity than QUALITY.

I could see him being there at 32 though.

The 20-40 range looks like a toss-up.  Some teams in the this range will be picking for need, others will go BPA.  Some will even be looking for guys to stash overseas.

One 2nd round type I like (who might not even get drafted) based on measurements and possible skill sets is Wenyen Gabriel out of Kentucky.  He's 6'8, probably a tweener forward but he looks long, had solid rebounding numbers, and hit 39.6% of his 3 pointers last season.

The draft comment about Gabriel was that he should go back to school.  Whatever. Could fill a need if we buy a pick at the end of the 2nd round.  Could end up being a better 3 point shooting version of Luc Richard Mbah a Moute.  I would take that.  He might even be happy with a 2 way G League contract.

I think Sagaba Konate is in this thing.  If so, he would be an option for me at 32 -- even if we went big at 4 (the double down strategy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with the 32 pick the Memphis Grizzlies select a G league player who will be out of the league in three /four years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

I saw Gary Trent, Jr. in the mid-teens but he might be moving down.

Although we are pretty stocked at the 2 guard spot, even if we have more quantity than QUALITY.

I could see him being there at 32 though.

The 20-40 range looks like a toss-up.  Some teams in the this range will be picking for need, others will go BPA.  Some will even be looking for guys to stash overseas.

One 2nd round type I like (who might not even get drafted) based on measurements and possible skill sets is Wenyen Gabriel out of Kentucky.  He's 6'8, probably a tweener forward but he looks long, had solid rebounding numbers, and hit 39.6% of his 3 pointers last season.

The draft comment about Gabriel was that he should go back to school.  Whatever. Could fill a need if we buy a pick at the end of the 2nd round.  Could end up being a better 3 point shooting version of Luc Richard Mbah a Moute.  I would take that.  He might even be happy with a 2 way G League contract.

I think Sagaba Konate is in this thing.  If so, he would be an option for me at 32 -- even if we went big at 4 (the double down strategy).

 

The other option i could see wallace is what you are describing here.

A mid to late projected 1st rounder who falls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think 32 depends on what happens in the lotto if they draft a big first then a big wing should be priority and vice versa. Im intrigued by Alize Johnson he wasn't on my radar and I usually have a decent grasp of the second round guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MEM GRYZ said:

ALIZE JOHNSON

 

I'm all in on him at 32 he had a 22/20 game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, lions said:

with the 32 pick the Memphis Grizzlies select a G league player who will be out of the league in three /four years

Like Dillon Brooks or Ivan Rabb? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very hypothetical question. If Porter's medicals bring bad news and he drops all the way to the 2nd round, do you pick him at #32?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moritz Wagner, 6'11" deadeye shooter from Michigan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Very hypothetical question. If Porter's medicals bring bad news and he drops all the way to the 2nd round, do you pick him at #32?

Nope lol if he dropped that low it would be so depressing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, UofMark said:

Moritz Wagner, 6'11" deadeye shooter from Michigan. 

Reminds me of John Leuer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this