Arkm110

Trading the pick

At this point, we’d be stupid to not even consider trading the pick.

Get me Derozan to pair with mike and Marc and I’d actually feel more confident in the team then to just depend on a guy like MPJ leading us

Unless we plan on trading Mike and Marc, I see no point in having our 2 best guys be old with our next guy be young. Either go all in on a full rebuild or just max out the potential of this current team structure

5 minutes ago, Arkm110 said:

Unless we plan on trading Mike and Marc, I see no point in having our 2 best guys be old with our next guy be young. Either go all in on a full rebuild or just max out the potential of this current team structure

Derozan is not the guy. That´s what Im said. We need some young guys and veteran help too. We need everything if we are talking about now, the Clippers trade make sense

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8drjuoa

But I still prefer drafting a top player.

Yeah let’s give away a top 5 pick so we can add an almost-30 year old to our post-30 big two.

There would be no worse outcome than this.

Yea that's dumb either make the playoffs with the top 5 pic or finally blow the **** thing up there is no window for the grizz they are just pretending there is

1 hour ago, Once_a_hater said:

Derozan is not the guy. That´s what Im said. We need some young guys and veteran help too. We need everything if we are talking about now, the Clippers trade make sense

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8drjuoa

But I still prefer drafting a top player.

How does that Clippers trade make sense? They give up 2 guys who contribute including one who is putting up career #'s, for oft injured never healthy Chandler friggen Parsons?

2 minutes ago, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

How does that Clippers trade make sense? They give up 2 guys who contribute including one who is putting up career #'s, for oft injured never healthy Chandler friggen Parsons?

They get the 4th pick we get 12th and 13th

6 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

They get the 4th pick we get 12th and 13th

The Grizzlies tanked most of the season so they can trade the pick? Please tell me that’s a joke.

5 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The Grizzlies tanked most of the season so they can trade the pick? Please tell me that’s a joke.

Im with you, I would select the pick. Grizzlies FO that said more than once that they would trade a pick if they get some contributors, I put the late lottery picks and getting of Parsons contract as the least we could get for dropping that much.

1 minute ago, chipc3 said:

Yes. Getting more length between the 2/3/4 would be awesome, and the facts are the best player we're going to pick at 4 would be mo Bamba and he would not fit great with Mike and Marc.

9 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Yes. Getting more length between the 2/3/4 would be awesome, and the facts are the best player we're going to pick at 4 would be mo Bamba and he would not fit great with Mike and Marc.

Marc and Mike presence should have no barring on future roster construction 

2 minutes ago, Allen said:

I disagree. Mike and Marc are still in their prime until further notice.

9 minutes ago, Allen said:

I agree, if we have a chance to take a star I would get this guy no matter what, thats why I keep saying, if Young is the pick, get him and forget about other things.

8 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I disagree. Mike and Marc are still in their prime until further notice.

So build around them until their play falls off a cliff and then figure out what to do? Zero foresight. Marc and Mike probably have two seasons of high level play left

We should go for the best talent available and forget about Mike and Marc. Boston went for Tatum even with Brown, and later added Hayward. Talent matters most, and Mike & Marc are no longer in their prime.

5 minutes ago, Grizball said:

We should go for the best talent available and forget about Mike and Marc. Boston went for Tatum even with Brown, and later added Hayward. Talent matters most, and Mike & Marc are no longer in their prime.

Boston also traded down to get Tatum instead of taking him #1.

How in the heck do you plan on paying the vet you are trading for? Are you going to find some moronic GM to take Parsons contract? We don’t need two young firsts and a second rounder, we need the best first we can get, and it needs to be the right guy at 4. Hopefully a nice guy gets to us in the second and we sign a decent vet with whatever is left.

By the way if Conley doesn’t come back 100% , his contract is worse than Parsons.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Boston also traded down to get Tatum instead of taking him #1.

What else did they get?

1 hour ago, Allen said:

So build around them until their play falls off a cliff and then figure out what to do? Zero foresight. Marc and Mike probably have two seasons of high level play left

Marc may take care of himself next summer and opt out. I figure if we struggle this coming year, he’s gone. That would open up cap space, or we trade him during the season. I’m hoping for a good pick, maybe Porter and he is really good, a healthy Mike and Marc , Parsons is a little better, we sign a Tyreak or as good guy and our young guys get better. 

I don’t think trading M and M, will make us better NOW, maybe in the long run, but I’m personally interested in NOW.

Folks have been convinced there's 3 top guys and the rest are behind them. That's a media creation.

Bamba could be a freak. Porter is unknown. Trae Young is pretty good. Etc.

However, if they were to entertain a trade, I'd look to someone like LAC with 12/13 or to ATL with 3 first round picks and try to flip picks AND add a player. If I did make that trade, I'd then try to buy another 2nd round in get in on the glut of swingmen and guards (Hutchinson, Martin, Diop, Carter).

1 hour ago, Jetfixer said:

What else did they get?

a first round pick in the 2019 draft

If the Hawks pass on Bamba then they are as dumb as I think they are.

If they DO pick Bamba, then between Bagley, JJJ, and Porter, I think I am trading down a couple of times.  

Hey, I might even go and get Collin Sexton and let Chandler Conley, Jr. have himself some delusions of ever coming back to more than 55%.

My last internal mock draft (is it REALLY an INTERNAL mock draft if I always post it here?) had Bamba at 1 and Sexton at 2 on my big board.  In sum, two freak alphas, the best big man and the best perimeter guy.

I will pass on having to predict if Ayton will be the next Wilt or the next Darryl Dawkins.  I will pass on trying to figure out if Luka Doncic is the next Rick Barry or Brent Barry (without the hops).  

Personally, if Bamba is not an option, then I would be AS happy with Donte Inferno as JJJ.  No, wait. I would be HAPPIER if we took Donte over JJJ.

John Salley 2.0 doesn't do it for me.

8 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

Marc may take care of himself next summer and opt out. I figure if we struggle this coming year, he’s gone. That would open up cap space, or we trade him during the season. I’m hoping for a good pick, maybe Porter and he is really good, a healthy Mike and Marc , Parsons is a little better, we sign a Tyreak or as good guy and our young guys get better. 

I don’t think trading M and M, will make us better NOW, maybe in the long run, but I’m personally interested in NOW.

Why? Why is being a fringe playoff team and a tough out next year more important than potentially competing for championships in five years?

I seriously think some of y’all would be happy if they raised a “ tough out” banner in the forum

6 minutes ago, Allen said:

Why?

Because I've been following this team since the beginning, and I really don't want to think beyond next year. I'm not saying that's the way to build a team, but just want to try to be good next year.