• Marvin Bagley
    • Mohamed Bamba
    • Wendell Carter
    • Luka Doncic
    • Jaren Jackson Jr.
    • Michael Porter Jr.
    • Trae Young
    • Trade the **** thing

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 06/21/2018 at 11:00 PM

3 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Anybody trying to argue that Carter sacrificed more at Duke than Bagley is dead wrong. Carter was able to play on the inside more than Bagley did and he was forced to play in the high post. But then that again explains why Bagley is my #1, he didn't complain and became a 40% three point shooter in college. 

It really boggles my mind that Bagley being so athletic is used am some kind of negative. Bagley has the wok ethic, heart, motor, etc of a Tony Allen with the pure talent of a Blake or STAT. 

Ask yourself why you think a guy with a legendary work ethic and with elite athleticism won't improve over time.

Are you implying that Carter complained, because I haven't heard anything like that.  Somewhere on these boards you claimed that Duke changed the defense because Carter couldn't defend or some such rubbish.

In the words of Jon Scheyer, Duke assistant coach, speaking of Carter - 

“And of course, he’s got moves in the post. But I think when you look at the spacing that teams are looking for, he provides that. And then on defense, he was the defensive player of the year for our team. He really was incredible protecting our basket, protecting our rim and is a big-time rebounder.”

5 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I was watching video of him yesterday and I disagree.  I saw him go to his left hand many times, even changing hands in mid-air.  He does have a good floater, a decent jump hook, a turn-around post shot, a decent looking mid-range jumper and showed some range out to the 3-point line.  He contorted his body in mid-air to hit shots.  He seemed to to have pretty good athleticism, but could use some work on his handles.  Rudy Gay might be a fair comparison, but how is that bad?

Taking him at four might be too high, but that doesn't mean he's horrible or anything.

I like Knox too. People act like Rudy was straight trash. And yep...Knox reminds me of Rudy. 

15 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

I know this is off topic and probably inappropriate,  but happy Father's Day to all the dads 

Ditto.

24 minutes ago, tjazz22 said:

I like Knox too. People act like Rudy was straight trash. And yep...Knox reminds me of Rudy. 

I think the reason Cam said Kevin Knox I don't know this for certain but I have a hunch that he watched the ringer draft rumors video on YouTube and those guys were hype and Kevin Knox to the max.

How he's only 18 years old and and that kind of thing.

We'd be fools to take Kevin Knox at 4.

I'm sort of wondering if the grizzly shouldn't try to go ahead and move up to the number two pick (offer the Sacramento Kings maybe the 32nd pick in the draft) and The Grizzlies take Luka Doncic.

The Kings get a little something and they don't lose their guy Michael Porter Jr. It's risky if the kings move down further than the 4th pick if they want to make sure they get Michael Porter Jr.

Luka Doncic is the real deal I thing I think. He certainly worthy to move up for in the draft. The 32nd pick in the draft will be okay but you know the Grizzlies are already maxed out on players. So you know it might be okay to just to let it go.

If Luka is gone, maybe we should just trade with the Clippers or Bulls. Mikal at 7 would be fantastic, plus we'd have 22 and 32 to work with (which we could theoretically use both to trade up with.) 12 and 13 could be a PG, and Kevin Knox, plus with Harris we have someone to fill the 3 or 4 positions. We could have a lineup of Mike, Dillon, Tyreke, Tobias, and Marc (at least to close games). We'd be able to switch everything 2-4 with that lineup, plus have Knox to put in at 3 if we move Tobias to 4, or vice versa. It would really give us a lot to work with, plus we'd be able to develop the PG we pick up behind Conley and Harrison for a couple of seasons. 

34 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

I think the reason Cam said Kevin Knox I don't know this for certain but I have a hunch that he watched the ringer draft rumors video on YouTube and those guys were hype and Kevin Knox to the max.

I'm sort of wondering if the grizzly shouldn't try to go ahead and move up to the number two pick (offer the Sacramento Kings maybe the 32nd pick in the draft) and The Grizzlies take Luka Doncic.

The Kings get a little something and they don't lose their guy Michael Porter Jr. It's risky if the kings move down further than the 4th pick if they want to make sure they get Michael Porter Jr.

Luka Doncic is the real deal I thing I think. He certainly worthy to move up for in the draft. The 32nd pick in the draft will be okay but you know the Grizzlies are already maxed out on players. So you know it might be okay to just to let it go.

I’ve thought about moving up to #2 to take Doncic as well but it would be difficult considering how little we have to offer in terms of assets. It’d be a good strategy if we can pull it off. I’m getting super worried about all of this Knox noise.

3 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I agree with Slim though, if Doncic is there you take him no questions asked. If the Kings take Bagley, which I think they will, then Doncic will hopefully fall to us. Fills our biggest position of need, has played against NBA talent for awhile now, and has been the best player in the 2nd best league. His athletic ability is being blown out of proportion a little bit. He might not be an incredible defender, but if he could play defense as well as say someone like Kyle Korver (who he is more athletic than), then he will be fine. 

I think the Kings will take Bagley as well, but I still think there is a good chance that the Kings could take Doncic. 

I'd be shocked if the Kings took Porter.

For what ever it is worth, when Bagley went to do his try out with the Kings, I saw a quote that Joerger had a few pointers for him on D

So it's more important to chase the big name guys than the guys the team may have a conviction for 

8 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

So it's more important to chase the big name guys than the guys the team may have a conviction for 

I think Wallace has Doncic or Bagley at the top of his list with Carter and Jackson close behind, but I'm not sure where Porter fits in. It'd take some balls on Wallace's part to pick Porter

29 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

You trust Wallace’s conviction?

29 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

I think the Kings will take Bagley as well, but I still think there is a good chance that the Kings could take Doncic. 

I'd be shocked if the Kings took Porter.

For what ever it is worth, when Bagley went to do his try out with the Kings, I saw a quote that Joerger had a few pointers for him on D

I think the Kings will take either Doncic or Bagley. Not sure what ATL will do, there are 3 to 4 guys they could pick there at 3.

31 minutes ago, Ndq0327 said:

Yes, cos I am not confident on our FO and the guys they have a conviction for.

I would take the Porter risk at #4 than going the trade down route. And it’s possible that Porter could be there at #7 so CHI may not need to trade up if they target him.

I’d like to believe Porter is everything people say but I honestly don’t know. High school mixes don’t tell me a lot.

The same goes for college tapes. Without seeing players in actual workouts or studying game films it’s all just a PR battle in my mind. 

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Oh I agree with you. We BET NOT take him at 4. I was just commenting on him as a player. If we could end up with Carter and Knox tho....Id be ecstatic

But i don't know how that would happen lol 

I think alot of people are going to be surprised draft night 

2 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

I think alot of people are going to be surprised draft night 

I ain’t buying Knox at 4 from Cam. I don’t doubt his source that MEM likes Knox but the rest is just his speculation. If I have to guess it’s going to be either Bagley or Doncic for us at #4. At #32 we gonna get Okogie, Simons or Mitchell if any of them falls to 2nd round.

1 hour ago, Grizball said:

I ain’t buying Knox at 4 from Cam. I don’t doubt his source that MEM likes Knox but the rest is just his speculation. If I have to guess it’s going to be either Bagley or Doncic for us at #4. At #32 we gonna get Okogie, Simons or Mitchell if any of them falls to 2nd round.

I still think we're getting Doncic.

1) Ayton

2) Bagley or MPJ

3) JJJ or Trae

4) Luka

5 hours ago, Grizball said:

I think the Kings will take either Doncic or Bagley. Not sure what ATL will do, there are 3 to 4 guys they could pick there at 3.

Yes, cos I am not confident on our FO and the guys they have a conviction for.

I totally agree with re:ATL, they are the true wild card.

I think if the Kings take Doncic, ATL wont pass up Bagley but they are looking closely at Young, Porter, JJJ and Bamba.

If they intend to ditch Schroeder then Young is their pick. But according to many analysis sites like the ESPN article today, starting C is also a priority so that may mean JJJ or Bamba.