MemphisX

Michael Wallace suggests Marc Gasol for CJ McCollum

He also kind of insinuates Marc might not want to be here for the long haul on Vernon’s podcast.

ūü§Ē

Mike CJ and Bagley that does seem legit 

Let’s hope Portland goes out in 4 straight so pressure is on them to change up,

also would be fun to see Cj and Cp having to reconcile:):):)

If we don't end up with Ayton that trade would actually make us worse. Who else would start at center? Davis? Lord help us.

I wouldn't give up our only capable 5 to get a slightly younger, marginally better version of Tyreke with a salary of 25 million.

I'd still like to deal with Boston if possible. Good amount of talent there to not come away with something and/or maybe our pick back. Marc seems like a good fit there to me and could help against Embiid for a few seasons at least. 

Does Michael Wallace have actual inside information that would lead him to believe that Gasol might want out or that the Grizz FO would be willing to trade him or is he just talking?

It would be funny having McCollum and Parsons on the same team though

12 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I'd still like to deal with Boston if possible. Good amount of talent there to not come away with something and/or maybe our pick back. Marc seems like a good fit there to me and could help against Embiid for a few seasons at least. 

That would be the best case scenario but I have troubling seeing how it would work. Given their contract situation, it'd have to be a Horford/Gasol swap but if you're the Celtics, would upgrading from Horford to Gasol really be worth it if it meant giving us our pick back? We could add JaMychal and some second rounders but I don't think that moves the needle.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Boston won't give us anything for Marc especially not our pic back....stop overvaluing him 

56 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Is Gasol an upgrade from Horford?

I'd say so, especially when you're getting a zoned in Marc. I attribute most of Gasol's struggles this year to our horrible season. Horford looks like he's taken a big step back from what I've seen. But again almost no chance it's enough to give us our pick back.

Watched that segment on Vernon's show and Vernon was saying we should trade our top 5 pick for a good player to add to Mike and Marc. Wanted to trade a top 5 pick for McCollum but balked at trading Marc for him. Complete insanity.

Portland will be in trouble. Bad cap situation and this series is again exposing how teams can gameplan against them . Have to make decision if they want to pay nurk as well 

Marc is a huge upgrade over Horford in my opinion. Trading Marc maybe would bring back some good, young pieces (in general, not with Boston), but without Ayton I don't see why we would do it. Luka still fits best with our current roster.

3 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

Marc is a huge upgrade over Horford in my opinion. Trading Marc maybe would bring back some good, young pieces (in general, not with Boston), but without Ayton I don't see why we would do it. Luka still fits best with our current roster.

What does Marc do better than Horford? Horford is the better defender. Better shooter? Better rebounder? 

2 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

What does Marc do better than Horford? Horford is the better defender. Better shooter? Better rebounder? 

Horford has better post game. Passing is the same.

5 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

heck no...yall be disrepecting gasol talent to much...lillard on the other hand.

Lillard is a whiner. Whining and crying how he should be an All-Star, how he doesn't get respect, whine, whine, whine....

Well MF you just got whupped, and swept...take that for respect

38 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

What does he do better defensively?  Not arguing, just curious about your take.

Statistically Marc was better per minute in scoring, rebounding, steals, blocks and FT%.  Horford was better assisting and FG% and 3-point%.  Horford definitely played on a more talented team this year.  If they reversed roles would it change anything?

4 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

What does he do better defensively?  Not arguing, just curious about your take.

Statistically Marc was better per minute in scoring, rebounding, steals, blocks and FT%.  Horford was better assisting and FG% and 3-point%.  Horford definitely played on a more talented team this year.  If they reversed roles would it change anything?

It changes a lot. Marc would have even more assists passing to Kyrie, Tatum, Brown, etc rather than a Grizzlies team without Mike Conley. Plus Marc averages more steals and blocks than Horford, Horford might be a more versatile defender because he is more athletic, but Marc is certainly the better defender at his position. 

12 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

I don’t see Portland doing it, but I’d do that trade in a heart beat.

Why? Portland hasn't done anything in the playoffs. Washington barely made it on and hasn't done anything. The primary problem with Portland is defense and lack of size, rim protection. The Grizzlies would be in the same boat.

If the Grizzlies got the #1 pick and took Ayton it could make more sense, but I prefer to develop Dillon to play in that role honestly. Even as limited defensively as he is he'd still be better than cj. I just don't see it.