Sign in to follow this  
Memphis Maverick

Grizzlies valued at more than $1 Billion by Kaplan

51 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

How do you know that? He doesn’t have to pay it cash:) if it has value he will be able to get money and I wouldn’t be surprised if a leveraged position could help him with taxes etc 

Kaplan?   What did they say about taking the GRE?

(most people that post here unfortunately will say "ummmmm, I don't get it")

8 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

How do you know that? He doesn’t have to pay it cash:) if it has value he will be able to get money and I wouldn’t be surprised if a leveraged position could help him with taxes etc 

I think it all depends on how much time Pera has to pony up. The amount is roughly 300 million. When Pera bought the team, he went to Kaplan because he is the type of guy that raises money. In December it was reported that $1 billion valuation would force Pera to sell  (see: https://clutchpoints.com/memphis-palace-coup-fate-grizzlies-will-decided-60-days/

Since December Pera's company has taken a hit and the team has gotten worse. Things that will probably make it harder for Pera to raise money.

Edit: Pera's company just announced that they will be spending $200 million on a stock repurchasing effort.

I don't really care either way particularly about Pera. What boggles my mind with him is his willingness to let Wallace drive this team into the ground.

Wallace needs to go and if Pera is too nonchalant about it then he needs to sell the team to someone who can see that. 

8 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Settled is good enough. I don’t care who the eventual owner is in the end.

Kaplan and Levien?

Seriously.

2 hours ago, tangogriz said:

Kaplan and Levien?

Seriously.

Are they worse than Wallace and Pera? 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Are they worse than Wallace and Pera? 

Night and day.

Lol at the people hating on pera because they hate chris wallace. just wait until kaplan becomes donald sterling, not willing to spend money and running the franchise in the ground. pera spends money on the team. Y'all have misplaced hate.

7 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Lol at the people hating on pera because they hate chris wallace. just wait until kaplan becomes donald sterling, not willing to spend money and running the franchise in the ground. pera spends money on the team. Y'all have misplaced hate.

uhhh... that’s not how it works... that’s not how any of this works.

not spending more money than you make marks you as ‘thrifty’ .

dirty don was pretty much outed as a racist somewhere in there.

he has earned his hatred the old fashioned way - opened his mouth and stuck both feet in it 

15 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

uhhh... that’s not how it works... that’s not how any of this works.

not spending more money than you make marks you as ‘thrifty’ .

dirty don was pretty much outed as a racist somewhere in there.

he has earned his hatred the old fashioned way - opened his mouth and stuck both feet in it 

Still, he had the franchise for 33 years in a prime city and they sucked for nearly thirty years of it.  Twenty-six of those seasons they didn't make the playoffs.  That's a lot of top picks  with very little success (one reason I don't advocate tanking).  Him being a racist jerk didn't have anything to do with that.

my greatest moment for me a Grizzlies fan is when micheal heisley said to the fans of Memphis he has a 3 years plan and buy the  3th year the Grizzlies will make the PLAY-OFF  , that a owner who CARES. this GUY pera is a JOKE

every since pera has been the owner of the grizzlies the grizzlies have been getting WORST each year, .that a owner who DOSENOT care

On 3/13/2018 at 5:00 PM, Father Pat said:

I think it all depends on how much time Pera has to pony up. The amount is roughly 300 million. When Pera bought the team, he went to Kaplan because he is the type of guy that raises money. In December it was reported that $1 billion valuation would force Pera to sell  (see: https://clutchpoints.com/memphis-palace-coup-fate-grizzlies-will-decided-60-days/

Since December Pera's company has taken a hit and the team has gotten worse. Things that will probably make it harder for Pera to raise money.

Edit: Pera's company just announced that they will be spending $200 million on a stock repurchasing effort.

Companies do that when they are flush with cash.