bhoyal

Will the Grizz win another game this season?

Will they win at least one more game this season and if so, against who?

Plus... if the league slapped Chicago on the wrist for tanking... why are the Grizz getting a pass?  Small market syndrome?  Too many times in the playoffs in a row before this season?  Are they hoping the franchise decides to move to a bigger market?  Whatever?  What's the deal-e-o?

40 minutes ago, bhoyal said:

Will they win at least one more game this season and if so, against who?

Plus... if the league slapped Chicago on the wrist for tanking... why are the Grizz getting a pass?  Small market syndrome?  Too many times in the playoffs in a row before this season?  Are they hoping the franchise decides to move to a bigger market?  Whatever?  What's the deal-e-o?

Yes, I'm sure we'll get one or two more wins. Probably against a non-tanking team cruising to the end of the playoffs. Ideally against a playoff team, to make a statement, but I don't hold high hopes.

The reason we don't get slapped is we have an injured list longer than most teams' rosters.The only player that could raise doubts is Reke, and I don't think he is faking his rib injury, it's just convenient to keep him out for an extended period. We're playing Marc long minutes and only resting him on the second leg of back to backs (and 3 games in 4 nights), which is something even playoff teams do with their heavy-minutes players. Heck, we're even playing Parsons who we might as well shut down for the season at this point.

5 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Heck, we're even playing Parsons who we might as well shut down for the season at this point.

Is that an argument for or against the slapping? ;)

Grizzlies are now just four losses away from tying the franchise record of 23 straight losses. Next four games are Denver Saturday, @ Brooklyn, @ Philly and @ Charlotte. It won’t be easy but this team could be setting a new franchise low this year.

The record was set when the Grizzlies played in Vancouver.

I think the all time record is 28 straight or something. 

But WTF are we tanking for now? A 25% shot at getting DeAndre Oden and NOT DeAndre DeGiant?

2 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Does Chris Wallace have Tubby's number?

one up him and go straight at Penny :ph34r:

19 hours ago, guillermo said:

I think at this point we are almost guaranteed bottom 4

I wouldn't lose sleep if we won a game or two  

The Grizzlies gave one fewer win than Phoenix. If they wins game the most likely outcome is the 5th pick.

On 3/15/2018 at 11:42 PM, ALT GRIND said:

I think the all time record is 28 straight or something. 

But WTF are we tanking for now? A 25% shot at getting DeAndre Oden and NOT DeAndre DeGiant?

You keep saying that like Oden wouldn’t have been a beast with healthy knees

21 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The Grizzlies gave one fewer win than Phoenix. If they wins game the most likely outcome is the 5th pick.

That sure 3 teams would jump us? Rigged? :)

50 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

That sure 3 teams would jump us? Rigged? :)

It is just statistics. 

3 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

These are the chances for each lottery seed:

uHGxKCy.jpg

Hmmm that is interesting. It has the top two teams chances at the 2nd and 3rd pick going down, the third staying about the same, while everyone elses chances goes up as they keep picking. Doesnt seem logical.

I assume this is done by numbers. So from 000-999 you have 1000 possible combinations. 250 combinations go to the worst team. After someone wins the first pick, their combinations are eliminated. Doesnt this increase everyone's chances? The amount it is increased depends on who won, but I guess this chart tried some type of combination. Still, dont see how it can go down.

5 hours ago, Allen said:

You keep saying that like Oden wouldn’t have been a beast with healthy knees

Oh yeah. THAT guy would have been the top pick in 90% of drafts. Ironically, Durant STILL should have been the top pick even if we DID get Video Game Greg Oden.

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

Hmmm that is interesting. It has the top two teams chances at the 2nd and 3rd pick going down, the third staying about the same, while everyone elses chances goes up as they keep picking. Doesnt seem logical.

I assume this is done by numbers. So from 000-999 you have 1000 possible combinations. 250 combinations go to the worst team. After someone wins the first pick, their combinations are eliminated. Doesnt this increase everyone's chances? The amount it is increased depends on who won, but I guess this chart tried some type of combination. Still, dont see how it can go down.

Yes, these are chances prior to the lottery so they are a bit counter-intuitive beyond the first column. Statistics are odd like that.

Obviously once the first pick is drawn and one team is removed from the pool the chances get adjusted. This table is just the aggregate taking all possible combinations into account.