Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

(18-48) vs. (35-31)
conley-gasol-parsons-gt-400x300.jpg

Date/Time: Monday, March 12, 7 pm CT

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions:

Officials: Ken Mauer | Gediminas Petraitis | Leon Wood

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Kobi Simmons Ben McLemore Dillon Brooks JaMychal Green Marc Gasol
1628424.png 203463.png 1628415.png 203210.png 201188.png

Bucks Starting 5

Eric Bledsoe Khris Middleton Tony Snell Giannis Antetokounmpo John Henson
202339.png 203114.png 203503.png 203507.png 203089.png

Benches

• Andrew Harrison
  • Mike Conley
  • Deyonta Davis
  • Mario Chalmers
  • Jarell Martin
  • Chandler Parsons
  • Brice Johnson
  • Ivan Rabb
  • Wayne Selden
  • Tyreke Evans
  • Malcolm Brogdon
  • Sterling Brown
  • Matthew Dellavedova
  • Brandon Jennings
  • Thon Maker
  • Jabari Parker
  • Mirza Teletovic
  • Jason Terry
  • Shabazz Muhammad
  • D.J. Wilson

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Bucks: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

5 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Brandon Jennings prob gonna go off

I thought Brandon Jennings was out of the league.

2 hours ago, lions said:

I thought Brandon Jennings was out of the league.

They just signed him to a 10-day. Battle of the 10 dayers: Xavier Rathan-Mayes vs. Brandon Jennings lol

4 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

They just signed him to a 10-day. Battle 10 dayers: Xavier Rathan-Mayes vs. Brandon Jennings lol

thanks

If marc is playing, i'm turning it off immediately.

I haven't watched quite a few games now, because i can't stand that *******, and he is gonna taint the progress of all of our younger players.  The "right way" that he plays does not help the team or the offense.

Fwiw, this will be the first season i haven't attended a game.  Usually i attend at least 10-20 home games per year.  The reason is marc gasol.  I doubt i'll go to a game next year if they have him.

55 minutes ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

If marc is playing, i'm turning it off immediately. I haven't watched quite a few games now, because i can't stand that *******, and he is gonna taint the progress of all of our younger players.  The "right way" that he plays does not help the team or the offense.

I guess you'll be back later to explain that?  What would you have Marc do differently? Note that he has just come from playing with two seasoned pros (Allen and Randolph) who were slowing down but definitely knew how to play team basketball. Now he has people who weren't with the team a week ago, and one guy with good experience in team play (Parsons) who plays ten minutes every other game.  Is he supposed to accept that the team we have demands streetball as the approach? 

1 hour ago, tmoneyinmphs said:

If marc is playing, i'm turning it off immediately.

I haven't watched quite a few games now, because i can't stand that *******, and he is gonna taint the progress of all of our younger players.  The "right way" that he plays does not help the team or the offense.

Fwiw, this will be the first season i haven't attended a game.  Usually i attend at least 10-20 home games per year.  The reason is marc gasol.  I doubt i'll go to a game next year if they have him.

Yes heaven forbid Gasol taint the fantastic progress of Grizzlies future all-star starting PF and C the mighty Ivan Rabb and Devasting Deyonta Davis lol. Gtfo here.

3 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Brooks is a keeper

Man a real bright spot.

A second year Brooks with a top 3 pick are two potential high level starters. 

12 hours ago, Dwash said:

Man a real bright spot.

A second year Brooks with a top 3 pick are two potential high level starters. 

Next year give me healthy Mike, Tyreke, Brooks and Top 3 pick and i can feel good about our future again. 

26 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Next year give me healthy Mike, Tyreke, Brooks and Top 3 pick and i can feel good about our future again. 

Conley will struggle to stay healthy and get back to his old levels at the same time. It will be a constant battle and lets face it, its not like he was some extreme talent. Even at the top of his game for a few years he would have long periods where he just looked like slaw. The age/health battle will be tough for him to overcome.

Unless the young player is off the charts good from the very beginning I have serious doubts that this veteran/young player mix they are trying to achieve will ever anything more than a 8-11 seed type team for one or two years but we will see.

15 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Conley will struggle to stay healthy and get back to his old levels at the same time. It will be a constant battle and lets face it, its not like he was some extreme talent. Even at the top of his game for a few years he would have long periods where he just looked like slaw. The age/health battle will be tough for him to overcome.

Unless the young player is off the charts good from the very beginning I have serious doubts that this veteran/young player mix they are trying to achieve will ever anything more than a 8-11 seed type team for one or two years but we will see.

I really want to get out of that Boston pick debt but man the idea of getting one of the all-star talents in this draft, landing a top talent like a Barrett or Reddish next year, and then getting local lotto rig and landing Wiseman in 2020 is giving me lotto dreams big time.

Obviously that would be a best-case scenario but I am just so ridiculously over this Conley/Gasol era after this year that I'm really kind of hoping we blow hard again next year.

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I really want to get out of that Boston pick debt but man the idea of getting one of the all-star talents in this draft, landing a top talent like a Barrett or Reddish next year, and then getting local lotto rig and landing Wiseman in 2020 is giving me lotto dreams big time.

Obviously that would be a best-case scenario but I am just so ridiculously over this Conley/Gasol era after this year that I'm really kind of hoping we blow hard again next year.

I’m torn on this one. I’m overly optimistic by nature so a top 3 pick plus healthy Conley to me puts us in playoff contention and i think would prefer the top 3 pick to play in a “winning”’ situation on the other hand so many things has to miraculously happen for us to be more than just a playoff team:

- Conley has to be healthy and play like last year 

- Parsons need to be better.... 

- Tyreke to resign 

etc etc etc 

9 minutes ago, VikingWarrior said:

I’m torn on this one. I’m overly optimistic by nature so a top 3 pick plus healthy Conley to me puts us in playoff contention and i think would prefer the top 3 pick to play in a “winning”’ situation on the other hand so many things has to miraculously happen for us to be more than just a playoff team:

- Conley has to be healthy and play like last year 

- Parsons need to be better.... 

- Tyreke to resign 

etc etc etc 

I think we'll be good enough to get a low playoff seed if everything you mentioned comes to fruition, but I'm kind of starting to hope the wheels fall off again and we're forced to start tanking early on.

38 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Yeah, I am kinda leaning towards hoping they can get out of this pick debt next year...but if they are bad enough to finish bottom 8 again then so be it. If they do tank I want to tank hard again.

Remember we have to give away that pick to Boston and if we don't do it next season it will be the next. Probably better to compete next season and give our 2018 pick a chance to get to the playoffs (and Boston a middling pick), and wait for 2019-2020 when we will have a draft pick and two ginormous expiring contracts to rebuild around our (hopefully) new superstar.