Sign in to follow this  
The REF

Was Firing Coach Fizsdale the Answer?

Recommended Posts

Didn't matter then, doesn't matter now.

except I'm wondering if he was fired because he said he wouldn't tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Didn't matter then, doesn't matter now.

except I'm wondering if he was fired because he said he wouldn't tank.

Why would anyone be thinking tank so early in the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Why would anyone be thinking tank so early in the season?

Conley out, and they probably knew he wouldn't be back.

They probably could see that Parsons wasn't going to get it back. 

They didn't expect Tyreke to be so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes

He's the one who  caused the ruckus that resulted in whats happening now.

If you have to ask how? Then go back and read all the posts on this subject. We've discussed this over and over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:27 AM, BigHunkALove said:

yes

He's the one who  caused the ruckus that resulted in whats happening now.

If you have to ask how? Then go back and read all the posts on this subject. We've discussed this over and over.

The team wanted to go in a different direction. The team hires a coach that reflects that new direction. They knew what they were getting into when they hired him. So Fizdale does pretty much exactly what he said he would do when he arrived. At the first sign of trouble, the team bails out on him and scapegoats him when they endorsed the direction that he wanted to go. But somehow Fizdale is the culprit?

The only thing you could say Fizdale did wrong was alienate Gasol. But what coach ever got along with Gasol towards the end? The outpour of support after he got fired from most of the players, along with many other players across the league, should tell you everything you need to know.

If you really want to know the biggest problems with the Grizzlies, look no further than Wallace and Gasol. Until these two are gone, the Grizzlies aren't going anywhere.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when fizdale started  talking politics during the season I kind of thought his days were number . for me I,m very happy the grizzlies got his a------ out of there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the direction this team is going, it would've been nice to have Fizdale around. I would love to see him be able to help mold our top draft pick. Maybe Bickerstaff can do it, but definitely not as confident honestly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lions said:

when fizdale started  talking politics during the season I kind of thought his days were number . for me I,m very happy the grizzlies got his a------ out of there.

Please refresh my memory because I don't remember the politics, unless you're talking about the racist statues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, tangogriz said:

Please refresh my memory because I don't remember the politics, unless you're talking about the racist statues.

 

I don't recall him getting into politics.  Being against racist statues in less about politics and more about common decency.

Unfortunately, certain people in America think "there are good people on both sides" of slavery, neo-nazi violence, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2018 at 10:08 AM, GF#1 said:

The team wanted to go in a different direction. The team hires a coach that reflects that new direction. They knew what they were getting into when they hired him. So Fizdale does pretty much exactly what he said he would do when he arrived. At the first sign of trouble, the team bails out on him and scapegoats him when they endorsed the direction that he wanted to go. But somehow Fizdale is the culprit?

The only thing you could say Fizdale did wrong was alienate Gasol. But what coach ever got along with Gasol towards the end? The outpour of support after he got fired from most of the players, along with many other players across the league, should tell you everything you need to know.

If you really want to know the biggest problems with the Grizzlies, look no further than Wallace and Gasol. Until these two are gone, the Grizzlies aren't going anywhere.

 

There is a lot more to the story than what has been in the Grizzlies sponsored press stories. I’m not denying Wallace is a huge part of the problem but Fizdale wanted out of Memphis. His attitude made it impossible for the team not to make a move. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2018 at 2:31 AM, chipc3 said:

There is a lot more to the story than what has been in the Grizzlies sponsored press stories. I’m not denying Wallace is a huge part of the problem but Fizdale wanted out of Memphis. His attitude made it impossible for the team not to make a move. 

Interesting.  Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

Interesting.  Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Yes but I’m not allowed to say what or who told me. You can believe me or not. It’s what I believe is true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Yes but I’m not allowed to say what or who told me. You can believe me or not. It’s what I believe is true.

I for one believe you. If true it paints the whole event in a different light.

Do you know if Fizdale's attitude was something new or did it carry over from the previous season? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Yes but I’m not allowed to say what or who told me. You can believe me or not. It’s what I believe is true.

Oh I believe you.  Your have a track record of not pulling stuff out of your ***.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:31 AM, chipc3 said:

There is a lot more to the story than what has been in the Grizzlies sponsored press stories. I’m not denying Wallace is a huge part of the problem but Fizdale wanted out of Memphis. His attitude made it impossible for the team not to make a move. 

I certainly respect your inside knowledge and know that you wouldn't fabricate information so I'll definitely give credence to what you're saying.

However I still maintain that Gasol/Wallace are the two biggest problems with the Grizzlies right now and I think that it drove Fizdale over the edge. The Grizzlies are still big culprits in this situation regardless of whether or not Fiz wanted out.

I certainly don't believe you can go from what he said/how he coached in the playoffs, to the red hot start to the season, to suddenly he just didn't want to be in Memphis anymore. There were some driving factors involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this