Arkm110

Deyonta or Ivan?

2 hours ago, guillermo said:

you just described Lebron or KD or Giannis or PGeorge , etc etc.   

a tweener would be the opposite- a small forward's body but power forward game which deccribes most G league bigs 

LeBron, maybe, but he and the others are exceptional players.  Though they play PF frequently in this "small ball" era Durant, Antetokounmpo, and George are still SFs.  Martin may be able to thrive to a lesser degree in that style as well, but with three years in the league already he better hurry his development.

I think by year four Davis is going to be a beast . Near All Star level 

Deyonta has been given a lot of opportunity lately and hasn't done much. I don't see the Grizzlies moving on from him yet but I think next year will be do or die.

Hasn’t done much? I think he’s been awesome. He is catching and finishing well and starting to become a rim enforcer. Every game he seems to be getting faster and more confident. 

1 minute ago, Allen said:

Hasn’t done much? I think he’s been awesome. He is catching and finishing well and starting to become a rim enforcer. Every game he seems to be getting faster and more confident. 

I agree. He's even hitting the 15ft baseline jumper. He's a keeper.

Davis looks clueless, Rabb is mysterious, and Jarell is probably the best. If we draft a big man like Bagley or Ayton, Jarell should be the scrub behind him- let Rabb get some work in the Gatorade-League 

48 minutes ago, dagrizzster said:

Davis looks clueless, Rabb is mysterious, and Jarell is probably the best. If we draft a big man like Bagley or Ayton, Jarell should be the scrub behind him- let Rabb get some work in the Gatorade-League 

Per minute Rabb is one of the best rebounders on the team and is shooting 62% from the field compared with Martin's 46%.  Rabb also assists at a better rate than Martin.

Davis may look clueless to you, but I think that is just his demeanor/personality.  He's been delivering on the court blocking shots at a higher rate than anyone on the team and posting the highest field goal percentage at nearly 65%.

His ceiling is probably what Jam is now

We may as well argue over who is better and who should we keep out of Myke Henry and Brice Johnson. I'm not sure if Rabb or Davis has done anything to prove that they are solid rotation players on a winning team. Obviously, this is just Rabb's first year. I do see some things that I like and he does seem to have a feel for the game but at this moment, not sure how much he could contribute on a winning team. He did have the injury last off-season which put him behind and he may just kill it this off-season but right now, we need to upgrade talent. I see him as a better offensive player and DD as the better defensive one but we shall see. 

As of right now, I would assume both would be back on the roster next year but they would both really need to step their games up to get regular minutes on a winning team. 

17 hours ago, Allen said:

His ceiling is probably what Jam is now

I really dont think so. Most NBA players have talent, so the thing I look for in borderline NBA players is what can they do consistently.  Cause those are the ones that make it. Consistently, Rabb hits the mid range shot and he rebounds. Every night whether its 5 minutes or 20 minutes. People get hype about Martin after one great night but then he looks terrible the next night and gives you nothing. Rabb has a chance to make it cause you can see what he brings nightly. Not sure what keeps him off the court at this point, but all he has to do is reel in whatever that is and make it somewhat average.