Sign in to follow this  
Blackwatch

Marc Gasol "Frustrated" over Season

The nba sucks right now. The playoffs are going to suck. You got the rockets/gs. .......................Boston/toronto and a bunch of mediocre teams.

16 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The nba sucks right now. The playoffs are going to suck. You got the rockets/gs. .......................Boston/toronto and a bunch of mediocre teams.

The NBA has always been this way.

On 3/3/2018 at 2:15 AM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

( if money is not an issue)

-> would you pull the trigger on Marc for D Howard ? 

No.

My point was Howard is still producing at a high level. Marc is a center shooting 42% barking about playing the right way.

On 02/03/2018 at 9:09 AM, lions said:

when someone is Frustrated, to ME that means someone cares

That's what I said earlier.

Looks like Pau says the same thing, so it must be wrong, it must be hypocritical LOL:

Pau Gasol is coming to the defense of his younger brother. The Grizzlies’ mounting losses and the overall direction of the franchise are unsettling for Marc, and Pau understands the frustration. “Of course, he’s upset. He should be upset,” Pau, a forward with the San Antonio Spurs, said on the eve of their game Monday night at AT&T Center. “Any player who competes and cares would be upset. That’s a good sign from a player who cares and is a leader. He’s putting his body on the line and not quitting.”
Pau advised his brother to remain professional and mentally tough. Memphis (18-44) is mired in its second double-digit game slide this season. The Grizzlies, who lost 11 in a row earlier this season, own the NBA’s lowest winning percentage (.290) and have the fewest wins of any team in the league. “What I told him is, ‘Do your best. Keep competing.’ That’s the only thing you can control,” Pau said. “You can’t control that one of your best players, Mike Conley, is out for the year. You can’t control that (Chandler) Parsons, one of your biggest signings, has an (injury) issue and so forth. All you can control is your effort, your work ethic, your mindset going into games.”

The other take home message:

Parsons has killed this franchise. Even an "outsider" like Pau can see that.

Chris Wallace is the one who signed Parsons. Parsons only did what we all would have did and accepted the deal. Chris Wallace killed the franchise 

6 minutes ago, Allen said:

Chris Wallace is the one who signed Parsons. Parsons only did what we all would have did and accepted the deal. Chris Wallace killed the franchise 

Yep that's true too.

So who is making our draft pick?

1 hour ago, BigHunkALove said:

That's what I said earlier.

Looks like Pau says the same thing, so it must be wrong, it must be hypocritical LOL:

Pau Gasol is coming to the defense of his younger brother. The Grizzlies’ mounting losses and the overall direction of the franchise are unsettling for Marc, and Pau understands the frustration. “Of course, he’s upset. He should be upset,” Pau, a forward with the San Antonio Spurs, said on the eve of their game Monday night at AT&T Center. “Any player who competes and cares would be upset. That’s a good sign from a player who cares and is a leader. He’s putting his body on the line and not quitting.”
Pau advised his brother to remain professional and mentally tough. Memphis (18-44) is mired in its second double-digit game slide this season. The Grizzlies, who lost 11 in a row earlier this season, own the NBA’s lowest winning percentage (.290) and have the fewest wins of any team in the league. “What I told him is, ‘Do your best. Keep competing.’ That’s the only thing you can control,” Pau said. “You can’t control that one of your best players, Mike Conley, is out for the year. You can’t control that (Chandler) Parsons, one of your biggest signings, has an (injury) issue and so forth. All you can control is your effort, your work ethic, your mindset going into games.”

The other take home message:

Parsons has killed this franchise. Even an "outsider" like Pau can see that.

Last year I was playing some silly NBA simulator (downloaded free from Steam heh).  In that thing you'd act as coach/gm/owner (all or any combo of them). 

I swear to you...I COULD NOT get the team back on track as long as I was paying Chandler Parsons.  I tried season after season, looked for trades....you name it.  The finances were handicapped by his cap hit and he produced nada.  I don't want to bag or hate on the guy...but its hard to explain how much of a drag that contract is when you are getting no production.  We all know it sucks...but until you try to be a GM and build around that albatross its difficult to really understand exactly what this thing is.

22 hours ago, Gradey said:

Last year I was playing some silly NBA simulator (downloaded free from Steam heh).  In that thing you'd act as coach/gm/owner (all or any combo of them). 

I swear to you...I COULD NOT get the team back on track as long as I was paying Chandler Parsons.  I tried season after season, looked for trades....you name it.  The finances were handicapped by his cap hit and he produced nada.  I don't want to bag or hate on the guy...but its hard to explain how much of a drag that contract is when you are getting no production.  We all know it sucks...but until you try to be a GM and build around that albatross its difficult to really understand exactly what this thing is.

Might be one reason we should do a multi-year tank even considering us losing our first rounder at some point.  We are going nowhere with his contract on the books -- although we would be in similar shape WITHOUT him (albeit not as bad).

So, maybe we should stretch him, so that when the Tank Job is over, Parsons' reduced contract will be the only "real money" on the books.

We need financial flexibility (or at least ANY flexibility) over the next 2 seasons rather than later.  To resign Tyreke (or get a replacement) then reup Dillon Brooks or somebody.  Having the option of getting a solid MLE type would help, too.  Or, if we want to trade JaMychal Green and are willing to take back more salary.  I would even shop Marc Gasol and Mike Conley at this point -- so Parsons on a lower number every season (even if drawn out over more years) would be beneficial to us.  Finally, for what it's worth, Parsons' contract AND PRODUCTION gives us cover to go FULL TANK.

Cold be man, I duno.  I ended up just sucking until his contract was up regardless of what I wanted to do :D  My personal hope is that everyone comes back next year healthy, we get a top draft pick and kill it next year.  I figure either way we are soon to be rebuilding anyway but I also think we do have some nice pieces that are toward the end of their usage.  So maybe just run it out and then do a real re-build based around your young talent again.  I don't think you can move many of our contracts other than Marc and I am not sure we'll even get value for him if the league knows we are rebuilding.

1 hour ago, MEM GRYZ said:

C Deandre Ayton 7-0

PF Alize Johnson 6-9

SF Keita Bates-Diop 6-8

SG Tyreke Evans 6-5

PG Mike Conley 6-1

Yeah, pretty much Ayton and ANYBODY.  An interesting tweak would be to have a bigger Evans/Brooks backcourt with Ayton at center, one of our marginal power forwards as a starter, then whoever we can get for Conley/Gasol at small forward.

If we DO trade either of these guys we might be better off doing it on draft night.

If we KEEP those two, then a combination "small ball/twin towers" lineup of Conley, Evans, Brooks, Ayton, and Gasol would work with Harrison and JaMychal Green our main two bench guys.  

if marc was not frustrated something would be wrong

On 3/7/2018 at 4:23 PM, lions said:

someone ask Ljames if he is Frustrated

Can we stop comparing Marc to these type guys? PLEASE. Theres NO comparison in ANY capacity

13 hours ago, tjazz22 said:

Can we stop comparing Marc to these type guys? PLEASE. Theres NO comparison in ANY capacity

Actually in this case there is. There definitely is.

Like lions said there would be a problem if Marc wasn't frustrated with this season. There would be a problem if any of us weren't frustrated atleast a little with the team losing 15 in fackin row.

21 minutes ago, cdp said:

Actually in this case there is. There definitely is.

Like lions said there would be a problem if Marc wasn't frustrated with this season. There would be a problem if any of us weren't frustrated atleast a little with the team losing 15 in fackin row.

I agree with the frustration. My point is constantly using that level guys as comps. They go harder and go to another level when they are "against it".

Well LeBron does throw his guys under the bus tho. So i guess thats the comparison lol