Sign in to follow this  
GamesOut

How do you grade JB Bickerstaff during a tank?

The "tank" crowd wants as many losses as possible, while coaches usually want wins.  And young players want to prove themselves.

How do you grade this coach?  Close losses?

What is he being asked to do?

To me, he's an average coach that complains a lot. And whenever we lose games, I feel like he is talking about the same thing over and over again in his press conferences. I will put him in the group to be considered to be hired, but I'm sure there would be better options that are available.

Last night's game grade would have to be "incomplete" due to being forced to play a "G league" roster vs an NBA roster.

Not playing Gasol and Evans is proof positive, the all-out effort to tank is in full gear.  In that case, they better not screw up this draft pick and that includes NOT drafting Robert Williams who finished with 5 points when I watched him in person yesterday.

3 hours ago, bhoyal said:

Last night's game grade would have to be "incomplete" due to being forced to play a "G league" roster vs an NBA roster.

Not playing Gasol and Evans is proof positive, the all-out effort to tank is in full gear.  In that case, they better not screw up this draft pick and that includes NOT drafting Robert Williams who finished with 5 points when I watched him in person yesterday.

Evans was injured.

21 hours ago, The REF said:

This is weird? lol! Why not just tank with David Fizdale? lol.

Simple logic from Wallace's standpoint. If he kept Fizdale around and the team continued to slide down the standings and started tanking around Christmas, he wouldn't have any excuses to save his job. Fizdale would become the constant reminder of another bad move made by Wallace.

He couldn't have that happen. By firing Fizdale Wallace can try to deflect blame for this disaster of a season on Fizdale's demands on player personnel and unfortunate injuries without Fizdale around to remind everyone that he had no control of player decisions and it was Wallace who hired him in the first place. 

On 2/25/2018 at 10:19 PM, f-dizzle said:

Our coaching decision needs to be made before the draft

It should be so that everyone is on the same page, but what are the chances of the Grizz making logical moves.

12 hours ago, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

It should be so that everyone is on the same page, but what are the chances of the Grizz making logical moves.

Agreed. 

Really need a coach with a system that matches the pieces we have or will have next season.