Sign in to follow this  
Grizzled Vet

Grizzlies on FBI/NCAA List

I'm shocked!!!

Tyreke Evan's is not on this list?

On second thought, Kobi Simmons and Ivan Rabb might be making LESS money this year than they did LAST year.

1 hour ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This is what the FBI spends their time on? Wiretapping ncaa head coaches? 

I'm no fan  of the FBI but they have over 35000 employees. I think they can walk and chew gum at the same time. 

10 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

I wonder if this will impact his play, but Jarell Martin (LSU) got a pretty nice loan.  

Wetzel report

It will be an interesting NCAA tourney this year, and I wonder how it will impact the NBA.

Impact his play? Why? He's long gone They can't do anything to him. They're after the people who were facilitating the transactions and coaches will suffer. I don't see any former players being affected. 

3 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

This is what the FBI spends their time on? Wiretapping ncaa head coaches? 

Amen!  This is such a tremendous waste of tax payer money.  They just want to make sure the poor struggling money machines(athletes)stay that way. Can't have the exploited getting too many perks!.  

If they want to investigate college campus then how about they go find the Jerry Sanduskys and other human filth like him that are still employeed. 

If they want to check financial records for improper benefits how about they start in washington D.C. 

The hypocrisy in this country has to be the highest in the world.  

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Amen!  This is such a tremendous waste of tax payer money.  They just want to make sure the poor struggling money machines(athletes)stay that way. Can't have the exploited getting too many perks!.  

If they want to investigate college campus then how about they go find the Jerry Sanduskys and other human filth like him that are still employeed. 

If they want to check financial records for improper benefits how about they start in washington D.C. 

The hypocrisy in this country has to be the highest in the world.  

Exactly.

You can't have government employees committing bribery and fraud across state lines. They're going after the coaches, not the players.

Hopefully the obvious corruption causes systemic changes as well.

14 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

You can't have government employees committing bribery and fraud across state lines. They're going after the coaches, not the players.

Hopefully the obvious corruption causes systemic changes as well.

This 

But the real problem is a system that is setup that essentially makes such activities both illegal but also necessary to succeed. 

I think the NBA needs to help out. I think gleague should be open to those high schoolers who want to get paid. If you come to college, then you have to stay 4 years. No in between.

On 2/24/2018 at 12:57 PM, Dwash said:

I think the NBA needs to help out. I think gleague should be open to those high schoolers who want to get paid. If you come to college, then you have to stay 4 years. No in between.

I thought about 2. There's way too many guys that leave college as Freshmen that just aren't ready (Kobi Simmons for an example). However, the NBA and NCAA has got to workout something this summer.

13 hours ago, bobblybook1 said:

Coming from a law enforcement background. The FBI is a joke now. After being paid off by politicians to investigate people. Sad days we live in ?

Care to name names?

On 2/24/2018 at 8:44 AM, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

Impact his play? Why? He's long gone They can't do anything to him. They're after the people who were facilitating the transactions and coaches will suffer. I don't see any former players being affected. 

Because some people don't want to be part of cheating and putting their school on NCAA probation.

Nobody wants to be on negative side of news story.

this problem has been going on for YEARS why are they now putting there foot down now

if this come down hard coach caL will be back in the N.B.A

8 hours ago, bobblybook1 said:

I’d take cal

I would not, coach is a great college coach because he can go into a kids house a sell them his program . the pros donot work that way. coach cal would be a great used car saleman

6 hours ago, lions said:

I would not, coach is a great college coach because he can go into a kids house a sell them his program . the pros donot work that way. coach cal would be a great used car saleman

that's exactly what we need, right? Someone who can sell the Grizz to players

8 hours ago, lions said:

If I were him I would be reviewing my options.  The LA Lakers job might be out there if he wants it -- AND if he can bring in a nifty haul of free agents.

The Coach Cal One and Done Semi-Pro Business Model is fraying at the edges.  Calipari Inc. has worn out its welcome.

It's now or never if Cal wants one last shot at the pros.  

I can see a LeBron-Calipari Mega Decision soon...

23 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Because some people don't want to be part of cheating and putting their school on NCAA probation.

Nobody wants to be on negative side of news story.

Maybe but do you think Derrick Rose gave a rip about what happened to Memphis after he left?

I'm sorry but I don't think most players think that way. I think they view it as they are being used so they better get what they can while they can and then they move on. Theres no moral guilt. They don't view it as cheating. They are being used. It's basically you have to do what you have to do in order to survive and then move on.