Sign in to follow this  
New_Sacred_Cow

Oklahoma @ Memphis 02/14/18

5 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

legit question - would you rather have Jarrell or JaMychal going forward?

If we draft Bagley or JJJ move Jam to the bench and trade Martin. We have a 3rd string already in Rabb.

I believe in Harrison, Brooks (core piece) and Rabb's rebounding potential along with his "desire" to look to score are all things this team can build on.

I LOVE harrison, everything about him. 

27 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Neither. We need a real starting PF. I was never on the JaM train and all of his efficiency numbers blah blah blah. Just produce. We need a man down there and stop all of this stretch 4 foolishness. When Marc was out, Adams was taking everybody's lunch. JaM too slight and light in the butt. Jarell is nice for a dunk or two every 3 or 4 games but is not a starter nor is he someone you want to rely on being in heavy rotation. 

I'm just mad that Tyreke is winning us all of these games since he's been back. He just may get us into the playoffs by himself. 

This team will win most of the games against the likes of Phoenix, Chicago twice, Dallas, Orlando, and Brooklyn in the next month. And then a couple of borderline playoff teams as well.

22 minutes ago, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

Neither. We need a real starting PF. I was never on the JaM train and all of his efficiency numbers blah blah blah. Just produce. We need a man down there and stop all of this stretch 4 foolishness.

That's why I like Julius Randle, I see him a bit like Zbo, and heck he gave Zbo fits when they faced off, so that was a good sign to me

Yea i can get behind keeping Jarrell (bench big) and moving on from JaM.  Especially if we get our PF of the future in the draft.   

Its sad that JaMychal's play has even made that a legit question.  Dude has seriously underwhelmed since signing that check. 

37 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yea i can get behind keeping Jarrell (bench big) and moving on from JaM.  Especially if we get our PF of the future in the draft.   

Its sad that JaMychal's play has even made that a legit question.  Dude has seriously underwhelmed since signing that check. 

It is sad, and I'm sure the FO are quite disappointed. Enough to trade him? Maybe, or maybe there are no takers or good deals. I would have tried though to get a deal.

In this case one can't say its the system, he has played now under 3 systems (Joerger/Zbo, Fizdale/starter, Bickerstaff/starter) and he's only reached the heights of a top level PF in a handful of games. So it must be about him

9 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

None of the above.

why is Ivan Rabb not playing anymore? I guess he’s been too efficient.

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

None of the above.

why is Ivan Rabb not playing anymore? I guess he’s been too efficient.

Excellent question.   I have no idea why JB keeps jerking his minutes around.  

Ivan and Ben McLemore need too get all the minutes if development and tanking are the objectives. 

9 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Excellent question.   I have no idea why JB keeps jerking his minutes around.  

Ivan and Ben McLemore need too get all the minutes if development and tanking are the objectives. 

Agreed.

They spent $5mil/year on the Stax man to get 5mins per game?

What kind of logic is that?

29 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Agreed.

They spent $5mil/year on the Stax man to get 5mins per game?

What kind of logic is that?

I think he meant Rabb/development, McLemore/tanking.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

LOL that's witty

3 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

LOL that's witty

Seriously, I hope something happens with Ben and he suddenly gets it and starts playing really well, but I'm not expecting it.  I think his next contract just might be in China.

9 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Seriously, I hope something happens with Ben and he suddenly gets it and starts playing really well, but I'm not expecting it.  I think his next contract just might be in China.

yeah its weird though cause he shows flashes then he just look like a regular joe from the gym that happened to get called in to be in an NBA game:s looking at our roster I don't envy the FO trying to figure out who to keep and HOW on earth to get rid of the rest... JaM for example.. I would love to trade him. but who is going to take him without forcing us to take a bad contract or send draftpicks?

Personally I am way to optimistic about shi# in general and I do think we can assemble a playoff roster (not a contender).. but a lot of buts...(healthy conley, functional Parsons, great draft, resign Tyreke....)

Conley/Harrison

Selden/Reke (6th man of the year.....)

Brooks/Parsons

?/Martin/Rabb

Gasol/DD

have a love affair going on with Doncic but Ayton and Bagley look solid.

13 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Exactly!

2 hours ago, VikingWarrior said:

yeah its weird though cause he shows flashes then he just look like a regular joe from the gym that happened to get called in to be in an NBA game:s looking at our roster I don't envy the FO trying to figure out who to keep and HOW on earth to get rid of the rest...

It appears that Ben has extremely low BBIQ.   He often doesn't know where to be on defense and makes constant bone-headed plays on offense.  Which renders him mostly unplayable.  He has near elite talent basketball-wise but hisBBIQ is so low that it literally negates it.  

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Exactly!

It appears that Ben has extremely low BBIQ.   He often doesn't know where to be on defense and makes constant bone-headed plays on offense.  Which renders him mostly unplayable.  He has near elite talent basketball-wise but hisBBIQ is so low that it literally negates it.  

The warnings started going off when injury forced him to miss camp. It seemed from interviews that Fiz had a special interest in him.