Grizzled Vet

The 2018 Free Agents

14 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Anybody know how close the team is to the luxury tax line?

I'm not sure they can even squeeze in a minimum player salary for a player like IT right now.

Maybe someone with fewer years in league.

Another Min contract would put us right at the line I believe. We're at ~118-119 million right now, and the luxury tax line is 121 I think. So a 1-2 million dollar contract and we are snug against it, and that's without having signed Carter. Won't be surprised if Ben McLemore is waived and stretched over 3 years if they can do it. Would save us close to 4 million this year if we can. 

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 2:41 PM, Once_a_hater said:

OJ would help to selo tickets and if he plays like in his sixthman campaign we would have a rock solid bench

Harrison/Oj/Selden/Parsons/Jam

But like I said I still prefer a big, Marc must rest a lot in the regular season and DD cant play till now.

I duno man, I just don't see where OJ would push the ticket sales at this stage.  You'd see some buzz and national stories about him being re-instated and re-signed by the Grizz but I just cant imagine he'd put butts in the seats to any meaningful degree.

Rumors say that Cavs wants to move Korver for a 1st round and are not getting any offers, go for it:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7c8u3my

Give them 2x 2nds 

We get a elite shooter something we still dont have and open a 2 roster spots to sign a vet bigman (Monroe) and sign Stephens to a 2way contract.

26 minutes ago, Gradey said:

I duno man, I just don't see where OJ would push the ticket sales at this stage.  You'd see some buzz and national stories about him being re-instated and re-signed by the Grizz but I just cant imagine he'd put butts in the seats to any meaningful degree.

I dont know man, Oj had a huge fanbase here, I was a huge Oj fan. LH management of roster and the weed took the best of him. 

15 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

Rumors say that Cavs wants to move Korver for a 1st round and are not getting any offers, go for it:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y7c8u3my

Give them 2x 2nds 

We get a elite shooter something we still dont have and open a 2 roster spots to sign a vet bigman (Monroe) and sign Stephens to a 2way contract.

That might be the worst trade you’ve ever posted on here 

6 minutes ago, Allen said:

That might be the worst trade you’ve ever posted on here 

Other than the 2nd rounder, that I put 2 because Cleveland wants a 1st. To seal the deal, we are giving nothing but deady bodys for them. 

The only player in the trade that is remotaly good is Rabb, and even him is lost in the time. He is like 10 to 15 years later from the league, and cant play solid D.

17 minutes ago, Once_a_hater said:

Other than the 2nd rounder, that I put 2 because Cleveland wants a 1st. To seal the deal, we are giving nothing but deady bodys for them. 

The only player in the trade that is remotaly good is Rabb, and even him is lost in the time. He is like 10 to 15 years later from the league, and cant play solid D.

We aren’t in the position to give up young players and draft picks. And for a 37 year old 1 year rental? And Cleveland is trying to get off of his contract so why would we be the ones sweetening the deal?  Worst trade you’ve ever come up with 

56 minutes ago, Allen said:

We aren’t in the position to give up young players and draft picks. And for a 37 year old 1 year rental? And Cleveland is trying to get off of his contract so why would we be the ones sweetening the deal?  Worst trade you’ve ever come up with 

2 years is perfect for us, in the years this team is clean of bad contracts and in 2 years we get off the worst contract in the league. 

We make the Playoffs this year, loose the pick to the Celtics, trade Marc (in the next draft) and Parsons (trade him in the deadline next year). 

Korver has 3,5 mil garanteed in next year only, we could cut him or just trade him as a expiring.

And we cant give good young players, I agree, but we cant give good young players. 

DD isn't that, nor Rabb. Other than 3Js we dont have a quality young big in this roster.

1 hour ago, Once_a_hater said:

I dont know man, Oj had a huge fanbase here, I was a huge Oj fan. LH management of roster and the weed took the best of him. 

You could be right and I'm just missing it.  He def had fans.

When are you guys gonna give up the Mayo fantasy?

It's like your dreaming about your first girlfriend coming back a decade after she left you for someone else

This does my head in

3 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Well, not a FA signing but maybe a trade worth exploring. Jimmy Butler is turning down an extension. Sure, worth exploring although he wants to win now. I guess he thinks he will get a dumptruck of money next season but hey...

It would be potentially just a 1-year rental. He can, and probably will, opt out after this season. Rumored to want team up with Kyrie, though he'd fit in pretty well here. 

6 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

It's like your dreaming about your first girlfriend coming back a decade after she left you for someone else

This does my head in

hahahahah this was spot on 

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

It's a Parson's like deal.

Wild guess, but it's going to work out for them while we're stuck paying Chandler Parsons for the next 2 years and we brought on a poor man's Chanddler Parsons in Omri Casspi

4 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

It's a Parson's like deal.

2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Wild guess, but it's going to work out for them while we're stuck paying Chandler Parsons for the next 2 years and we brought on a poor man's Chanddler Parsons in Omri Casspi

Parker is way younger and Bulls is in a full rebuild, make sense for them to throw that type of deal.

On 7/13/2018 at 9:49 PM, BigHunkALove said:

This does my head in

In this dream has the girlfriend gotten better looking or turned into a someone who has a lot of baggage, some extra weight, and still had a wandering eye, but believes they are the same or better then before.

OJ couldn't dominate in Puerto Rico...I think he should be grateful if a team gives him a G League deal.

16 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

In this dream has the girlfriend gotten better looking or turned into a someone who has a lot of baggage, some extra weight, and still had a wandering eye, but believes they are the same or better then before.

OJ couldn't dominate in Puerto Rico...I think he should be grateful if a team gives him a G League deal.

What was OJs numbers in Puerto Rico

On 7/13/2018 at 6:51 PM, Once_a_hater said:

2 years is perfect for us, in the years this team is clean of bad contracts and in 2 years we get off the worst contract in the league. 

We make the Playoffs this year, loose the pick to the Celtics, trade Marc (in the next draft) and Parsons (trade him in the deadline next year). 

Korver has 3,5 mil garanteed in next year only, we could cut him or just trade him as a expiring.

And we cant give good young players, I agree, but we cant give good young players. 

DD isn't that, nor Rabb. Other than 3Js we dont have a quality young big in this roster.

Naw. A team with no shot at a championship shouldn’t trade draft picks and young players for 37 year olds. It’s not debatable 

That is a trade a Championship contender that is a few pieces away makes

6 minutes ago, Allen said:

Naw. A team with no shot at a championship shouldn’t trade draft picks and young players for 37 year olds. It’s not debatable 

That is a trade a Championship contender that is a few pieces away makes

I agree. If the team needs a 3 pt shooter off the bench, just sign Heslip. He's an outstanding 3 pt shooter and is more mobile than Korver is.

8 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

What was OJs numbers in Puerto Rico

13.6 ppg (Ranked 6th on team in scoring average)

shot 44% from 2, 35% from 3

Really, nothing stood out, and that's playing at a low DI level, if not lower.  Their leading scorer was Gary Browne from WV ('15).

I'd honestly rather give a roster spot to Markel Crawford or DJ Stephens versus OJ Mayo, and I'm talking about Memphis Hustle roster spot.