Dwash

Will Tyreke play for the Grizzlies again this year?

Will Tyreke play for the Grizzlies again this year?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tyreke play for the Grizzlies again this year?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

We can't sign anyone for more than the MLE unless you manage to dump at least one of our max salaries without getting any salary back.

Yeah. I think folks cant see that you not only need to get under the cap, you need to be under by more than the MLE. With the upcoming draft pick, you are over the cap now. Not even stretching Parsons will get you there.

From today's Tanking story by Tillery (4/14). 

.....But it became obvious that the Grizzlies conceded an increasingly disinterested Evans, who began to inexplicably miss shootarounds and practices.

If true, then Evans is better off somewhere else.  And again, IF true, he's not getting more than the MLE from somewhere else because missed practices aren't something you pick up year 10 as a pro. And quite frankly, it may be why playoff teams don't want him around.

Again, it's Tillery, so that all is a big IF. 

Tyreke has never really played for a winner.  No winner was killing themselves to add him at the the deadline. No teams were killing themselves to add him last offseason. 

Tyreke might be a little to full of himself. WTF have you done in the league but score on bad teams?

Im a little leery to jump on this Tyreke has an attitude bandwagon. Was he just frustrated that the best season of his career was going to be wasted on an intentionally tanking team when the Grizzlies had offers to playoff teams on the table? Thats not only more games ($), but more exposure for a bigger deal. Yall really expect him to sit here and not be salty? The excuse for not trading him was that he would be easier to resign. What if he really had no interest in resigning and they pretty much knew he was gone? Who wouldnt be mad at that point?

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

Im a little leery to jump on this Tyreke has an attitude bandwagon. Was he just frustrated that the best season of his career was going to be wasted on an intentionally tanking team when the Grizzlies had offers to playoff teams on the table? Thats not only more games ($), but more exposure for a bigger deal. Yall really expect him to sit here and not be salty? The excuse for not trading him was that he would be easier to resign. What if he really had no interest in resigning and they pretty much knew he was gone? Who wouldnt be mad at that point?

That's great but what would be the explanation for him not getting any offers last offseason and having to settle for a 1 year $3.3 mil deal with us? i think there is a pattern and there's a reason why he is in the position he is in now, regardless of whether he was salty over how the trade deadline stuff went down. He's only been on 1 team that made the playoffs in 9 years. Obviously, he was on bad teams but the question to me is why don't good teams want him?

33 minutes ago, They Call Me Mr. Klondike said:

That's great but what would be the explanation for him not getting any offers last offseason and having to settle for a 1 year $3.3 mil deal with us? i think there is a pattern and there's a reason why he is in the position he is in now, regardless of whether he was salty over how the trade deadline stuff went down. He's only been on 1 team that made the playoffs in 9 years. Obviously, he was on bad teams but the question to me is why don't good teams want him?

I think play style was the main reason. He could score but because he could not shoot it took forever (dribbling and dribbling) for him to get the points sometimes. He pretty much had to be the point guard or the focal point for him to work and teams werent interested cause he wasnt good enough for that. Then you had health questions. I think due to the improved shooting and him becoming somewhat of an instant offense type of player you saw many playoff teams like Boston, Philly, Denver, and Washington show interest in him as a 6th man at the deadline, but obviously without bird rights the interest would be limited as he is just a good piece, but not a must have.

What Im saying about this year is I dont think he is the problem or his attitude towards not being traded should be unexpected. But because he has a "bad teammate" wrap, the Grizzlies are now using that against him to cover their own failures.

Completely agree @Dwash.  This is a spin job for Wallace failure.  They basically told him he was going to be traded then screwed it up last minute then expected him to be a good little soldier about it. 

I aint saying tyreke is some virtuous guy i just think they smearing him now.

11 hours ago, Dwash said:

I think play style was the main reason. He could score but because he could not shoot it took forever (dribbling and dribbling) for him to get the points sometimes. He pretty much had to be the point guard or the focal point for him to work and teams werent interested cause he wasnt good enough for that. Then you had health questions. I think due to the improved shooting and him becoming somewhat of an instant offense type of player you saw many playoff teams like Boston, Philly, Denver, and Washington show interest in him as a 6th man at the deadline, but obviously without bird rights the interest would be limited as he is just a good piece, but not a must have.

What Im saying about this year is I dont think he is the problem or his attitude towards not being traded should be unexpected. But because he has a "bad teammate" wrap, the Grizzlies are now using that against him to cover their own failures.

We will see this offseason with him coming off a "career year".   If he gets more than the MLE for more than one season.

On 4/15/2018 at 7:28 AM, Dwash said:

More exposure for a bigger deal?  As if after 10 seasons in the league teams don't know what Tyreke was like and how good he is?

I get being mad, if true, but that doesn't justify a pro on a contract year missing practices and shootarounds. It's a contract year before an off-season with hardly any free agent money to spend....and he's missing practices?

Look, I hope all this is false, but Tyreke's body of work in the league isn't one that just screams "great teammate that only wants to win".  I really want it to be false and Tyreke to return playing at a high level, but I'm guessing we'll see this off-season.

27 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

More exposure for a bigger deal?  As if after 10 seasons in the league teams don't know what Tyreke was like and how good he is?

You dont think having a quality showing in the playoffs, which he has barely played in, could help his stock on the free agent market? Really?

32 minutes ago, Dwash said:

You dont think having a quality showing in the playoffs, which he has barely played in, could help his stock on the free agent market? Really?

I think helping a team make the playoffs would do more for Tyreke's reputation than simply scoring a lot in a playoff series.