Recommended Posts

On 2/11/2018 at 3:21 PM, Kevin B Moses said:

Maybe because Mudiay sucks. He's not even on Wade Balwin's level.

Again, I keep mention. Make quick decisions and develop who you have. Harrison is a top 10 potential pg, and the best thing about it, the coaches, especially bickerstaff seem to know this.

I'm not a fan of Mudiay, and I didn't want to bring him and the 50th pick of the draft to next year's roster.  Those take up roster spots or money.  I think he'll take up a roster spot on the Knicks through next year, but if he had trouble with the media in Denver, he is going to have bigger problems in NY.  I would rather have Mudiay than Wade though.

 

And Harrison a top 10 pg..... giphy.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ownership is settled. Time for Chris Wallace to hit the road.

 

He cannot right this ship. He has steered this franchise into the ground.

 

Letting Wallace re-build ensures another quick fix no long-term vision happy to be in the playoffs mentality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wallace mentioned something about 7 year playoff streak is something he is content about, but the Grizzlies never won a WCF game in that stint. I would fire him, but I would've thought he would be fired by now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Chip had it right when he said Wallace is more suited for being a assistant Gm, If that dude trades our lotto pick for a plug in veteran or uses it to unload salary from his bad free agent signings, that will break the hearts of an already shrinking fan base

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My problem with Wallace is he clearly has no long term plan that would lead to legitimately competing for championships and is only interested in patching middling playoff teams together because he knows that is enough to keep his job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Allen said:

My problem with Wallace is he clearly has no long term plan that would lead to legitimately competing for championships and is only interested in patching middling playoff teams together because he knows that is enough to keep his job

100% Agreed that is all he's trying to do and the fans should not accept it....who cares if your the team with a million playoff runs if you know going in you're never winning a championship and the organization isn't going to do anything to make that a reality. The goal is to win a championship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

100% Agreed that is all he's trying to do and the fans should not accept it....who cares if your the team with a million playoff runs if you know going in you're never winning a championship and the organization isn't going to do anything to make that a reality. The goal is to win a championship

 great point, but how many teams have not won championship 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, lions said:

 great point, but how many teams have not won championship 

It's fine to try and not win but to not even try should be unacceptable....after winning multiple championships Boston traded their big three once they realized their time had ended and now Boston is back in contention for championships that is the best possible example of how a team should function....it has made very little sense that the grizzly have let so many players walk without getting anything in return. 

It's painfully obvious how poorly this franchise is ran just look at the contracts they have to hand out to keep their second tier stars and bring in a broken Parsons. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a while now, probably because of the ownership turmoil, the media have not been fed well so they've become snarly toward the FO.

Everyone wants a talented and experienced gm, a take-charge kinda guy who obviously makes all the tough decisions correctly. He should be good with the media and available to the press.

If he's experienced and the rest then he's already got a better job than the Memphis gig, so you can't know if he's talented and will make the correct decisions. Heck, its a crap shoot on many decisions anyway.

Not long ago we had that take-charge, talented (at least with the media) guy who seemed to have a keen sense of direction. That direction turned out to be down. Pera canned him.

I think Pera wants be good for Memphis, hopefully, he's also contractually obliged to be so for a long time. Why doesn't he choose a take-charge GM? He doesn't want one. He's a basketball guy. He's busy with his business but wants to be part of the team, in on the action.

If any of the basketball nuts on this board owned the team, would they turn complete control over to someone else?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, tangogriz said:

For a while now, probably because of the ownership turmoil, the media have not been fed well so they've become snarly toward the FO.

Everyone wants a talented and experienced gm, a take-charge kinda guy who obviously makes all the tough decisions correctly. He should be good with the media and available to the press.

If he's experienced and the rest then he's already got a better job than the Memphis gig, so you can't know if he's talented and will make the correct decisions. Heck, its a crap shoot on many decisions anyway.

Not long ago we had that take-charge, talented (at least with the media) guy who seemed to have a keen sense of direction. That direction turned out to be down. Pera canned him.

I think Pera wants be good for Memphis, hopefully, he's also contractually obliged to be so for a long time. Why doesn't he choose a take-charge GM? He doesn't want one. He's a basketball guy. He's busy with his business but wants to be part of the team, in on the action.

If any of the basketball nuts on this board owned the team, would they turn complete control over to someone else?

 

Oh so we should blame Pera for all the bad contracts and bad pics under Wallace?? Pera likes basketball but he's not a basketball guy. Cuban I think is a much better example of an owner that wants to be involved and would do better having a yes man GM.....Pera isn't involved unless it's way behind the scenes and he would do better with a guy he could trust and give him total control to make the best decision for the team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tangogriz said:

If he's experienced and the rest then he's already got a better job than the Memphis gig, so you can't know if he's talented and will make the correct decisions. Heck, its a crap shoot on many decisions anyway.

Not if his name is David Griffin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Ndq0327 said:

It's fine to try and not win but to not even try should be unacceptable....after winning multiple championships Boston traded their big three once they realized their time had ended and now Boston is back in contention for championships that is the best possible example of how a team should function....it has made very little sense that the grizzly have let so many players walk without getting anything in return. 

It's painfully obvious how poorly this franchise is ran just look at the contracts they have to hand out to keep their second tier stars and bring in a broken Parsons. 

 

Actually, the Celtics only won one championship with the Big Three. Ray Allen left in free agency, and Ainge fleeced Brooklyn for the dregs of KG and Paul Pierce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wells said:

Actually, the Celtics only won one championship with the Big Three. Ray Allen left in free agency, and Ainge fleeced Brooklyn for the dregs of KG and Paul Pierce.

Yea I may have inflated what happened a little bit still they were a very good team that new when to call it quits and used that to get back to being a very good team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wallace to me is pera right hand man . he not going no where 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOOK at it this way Grizzlies pick a superstar in the draft . teams is heathy next year . we make play-off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Realistically, from where we sit now, what is the path to a championship? 

If we draft an ace AND Conley comes back healthy AND Parsons is 100%, we make the playoffs.
We don't have a lottery pick. At least ten teams get to pick a better rookie than we do. j

No first-round pick next year. 28 or so other teams will have one, We slip back a notch, 

We're right back where we were a year or two ago.
Gasol and Parsons are probably gone, Conley is aging. Brooks is good, our 2018 high pick is good.
We have either Tyreke or Marshon, maybe both. 
We make the playoffs, lose in the first round, and have the 18th pick the next spring.

Repeat as needed. 

The only path to glory is sheer good luck. Players blossom, no one gets hurt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Realistically, from where we sit now, what is the path to a championship? 

If we draft an ace AND Conley comes back healthy AND Parsons is 100%, we make the playoffs.
We don't have a lottery pick. At least ten teams get to pick a better rookie than we do. j

No first-round pick next year. 28 or so other teams will have one, We slip back a notch, 

We're right back where we were a year or two ago.
Gasol and Parsons are probably gone, Conley is aging. Brooks is good, our 2018 high pick is good.
We have either Tyreke or Marshon, maybe both. 
We make the playoffs, lose in the first round, and have the 18th pick the next spring.

Repeat as needed. 

The only path to glory is sheer good luck. Players blossom, no one gets hurt. 

You are being dramatic. With your kind of gorilla logic, assuming Marc is gone, assuming none of our players are worth anything or won't develop, perpuating the myth that the Grizzlies players are more injured that other teams' players.

Repeat as needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

You are being dramatic. With your kind of gorilla logic, assuming Marc is gone, assuming none of our players are worth anything or won't develop, perpuating the myth that the Grizzlies players are more injured that other teams' players.

Repeat as needed. 

Yeah, not to mention every team moves up a notch and we slip simply because they draft a rookie and we don't?  Nonsense!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

every team moves up a notch and we slip simply because they draft a rookie and we don't?  Nonsense!!!

How so? They get a Donovan Mitchell, a Ben Simmons, a Dillon Brooks, a Jaylen Brown, and we don't even get a pick. 

How do we not slip back comparatively? 

Both of you: with Marc gone, Conley aging, Brooks getting good, and a good strong pick this year -- what''s YOUR path to a championship in less than five years?  Show me where I'm wrong.  Rabb and Green and Martin and Harrison might become competent NBA rotation players, but for a championship they have to be better than their counterparts on most other teams. How will that happen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TimBC said:

How so? They get a Donovan Mitchell, a Ben Simmons, a Dillon Brooks, a Jaylen Brown, and we don't even get a pick. 

How do we not slip back comparatively? 

Both of you: with Marc gone, Conley aging, Brooks getting good, and a good strong pick this year -- what''s YOUR path to a championship in less than five years?  Show me where I'm wrong.  Rabb and Green and Martin and Harrison might become competent NBA rotation players, but for a championship they have to be better than their counterparts on most other teams. How will that happen? 

Contraction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2018 at 8:14 PM, TimBC said:

Realistically, from where we sit now, what is the path to a championship? 

If we draft an ace AND Conley comes back healthy AND Parsons is 100%, we make the playoffs.
We don't have a lottery pick. At least ten teams get to pick a better rookie than we do. j

No first-round pick next year. 28 or so other teams will have one, We slip back a notch, 

We're right back where we were a year or two ago.
Gasol and Parsons are probably gone, Conley is aging. Brooks is good, our 2018 high pick is good.
We have either Tyreke or Marshon, maybe both. 
We make the playoffs, lose in the first round, and have the 18th pick the next spring.

Repeat as needed. 

The only path to glory is sheer good luck. Players blossom, no one gets hurt. 

#Truth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we finally learn our lesson and trade Marc while he still has value, we should get someone young(er) in return who can contribute for a few years. 

That's been a big problem with Chris Wallace as a GM: he's afraid to pull the trigger and move players while they still have value. I think this has primarily been due to the fans' connection with the core 4 and keeping people in the stands to see the "blue-collar" players that they love and can relate to. 

I guess I can't blame him too much for this logic, especially because the ownership has probably always forced his hand on this (Pera and Gasol seem to be somewhat close, otherwise i bet we would've traded him by now). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

our furture core is going to be harrison (and im with KBM with him being a future top 10pg),brooks,this year lottery pick(ayton,doncic,bamba,young)...all the grizz has to do is sign a max player(maybe 2) and we will have plenty of money with parsons and gasol off the books.

young/harrison/brooks/lebron/durant :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2018 at 8:14 PM, TimBC said:

Realistically, from where we sit now, what is the path to a championship? 

If we draft an ace AND Conley comes back healthy AND Parsons is 100%, we make the playoffs.
We don't have a lottery pick. At least ten teams get to pick a better rookie than we do. j

No first-round pick next year. 28 or so other teams will have one, We slip back a notch, 

We're right back where we were a year or two ago.
Gasol and Parsons are probably gone, Conley is aging. Brooks is good, our 2018 high pick is good.
We have either Tyreke or Marshon, maybe both. 
We make the playoffs, lose in the first round, and have the 18th pick the next spring.

Repeat as needed. 

The only path to glory is sheer good luck. Players blossom, no one gets hurt. 

Our path STARTS with this pick.  Maybe Dillon Brooks and Rabb hang in there long term but I doubt anyone else will be left.  We need this top 5 pick to be one of our next "Big 3".  We will likely dip back in to the lottery in 2020 and 2021. Then hopefully we are showing enough promise in 2021 to be able to add a significant vet or two to go with 2018/2020/2021/Brooks/Rabb.  It would be nice to get a future rotation player at #32 to make things easier.

That would mean one injury plagued season(2018), followed by playoffs(2019), official rebuild start(2020), last rebuild part(2021) and back in the playoffs with a young core with 1-3 elite NBA talents(2022).  Which means we would have gone from quasi-contender through a rebuild and back to the playoffs during Conley's contract.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now